Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

alright i've literally never played counterstrike but i've played tf2 sniper so w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

on controller chat one of my friends plays asscreed and mirror's edge with k+m like what

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ok i've caught up wow that was a terrible chess game to watch and not much has taken place cool

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

remind me not to play chess with merk

I'd like to play someone rn though

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the flavor :laugh:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moe Popanax

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I forgot I replaced into this 🙇🙇🙇

Readthrough in the AM

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Hello Merk is not scum!

Byers is though ! ##vote byers

Why dis doe

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok i read it and don't buy it but I Do think it's sincere

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Merk was acting pissy like when he gets caught as scum but he's cooled down. Would vote but that's more out of value of potentially removing a maybe scum merk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yep

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Referencing x men a lot is making me roll my eyes but it's just a tortured meta argument and that's why I feel the heat on merk is justified

Dugong jumping at me is weird doe

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dont understand your point regarding Merk. Are you saying meta cases are good?

Not "good" but not "bad" either

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dugong is weird because he jumps on an innocuous and logical imo position on merk and tried to make it a thing

Pm its not a nonopinion. There's really very few good reasons to lynch somebody and people poo poo on legitimate avenue of meta because reasons

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

uranus posted:

well drat, it seems i have to paraphrase. so here i will do my best.

i have the ability at night to invite one person into a masonry and talk with them just for the night, i am anonymous in the masonry, the player wont know who i am.

valary once in the masonry does very little or seems to care very little who i am and what my motivations are, she instead sprays me with a wall of text style lumpenlisting of all the playres in the game and 'thoughts' on them, as if she is more worried about my impression of her than anything else.

she also goes out of her way to mention that 'the scum will never kill me i'm more useful alive' which was another red flag to me.

finally, the thing that sealed it for me, i asked her 'who do you think i am' she says 'i have no idea, but i hope its someone i have a good relationship with like rarity or asina'

HMMM

really

really

i wasnt trying to change the way i type or talk at all in this document, and im not self absorbed enough to think anyone would recognize my writing style instantly, BUT im pretty sure i could recognize someone im GOOD FRIENDS WITH from the way they type. this struck me as very fake, and no one other than scum would have any motivation to be fake.

therefor she bad. die valary, die.

:eyepop:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm flying home and will have my Personal Computer so expect a Flurry of poo poo Posting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who are the scum J

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What would you say if i told you I know who killed Byers

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

I'd say you should be voting them because they'd be scum.

vig found

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That it is probably helpful information, especially since you've outed yourself with the soft claim.

naw i just went fishing and somebody bit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the response "you should vote them because they're scum" depends on either amoeba

1) thinking scum had two kills
2) knowing scum had one kill and X party had another

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tone and phrasing matters :sun:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

anyway ##vote amoeba

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is literally because amoeba said "scum" rather than "badguy"?

yes, adding that clause at all reveals the process of thought

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

I like that TT would call me a vig but be too scared to go whole hog and call me a Serial Killer. Weak call out, weak reasoning, weak vote.

did the would be sk just chill n1 or what

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

What?

There were 3 kills N1.

I don't understand this conversation.

i was scanning kill methods and didn't see matches

but then again that would mean scum kills don't match either so eh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i gotta say tho pushing SK spec in a game with multiple vigs flying seems sus to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

So, why would you vote for a vig?

If you were a vig you would have explained after that post, I think you're scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

If I consistently see 2 kills each night (plus mine N1) my mind will go to scum + SK rather than scum + 3 nightvigs, and that's not including the two dayvigs.

That's not a strange or unusual train of thought.

two nights is pretty early to start driving that discussion when we have a confirmed scum's history to continue poring over, especially when we're averaging at least 1.5 vigs per cycle thus far

note it's of course in scum's interest to find the sk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Well thanks for clearing that up. So you think I'm scum that sticks my head out when someone soft claims tracking or watching. I dunno man, I think that's kind of insulting.

merk is a strong player but tipped his hand :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that's a garbage and disingenuous vote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

It's also in the town's interest to find the SK, but I'd bet on it being Byers - so I think they already found him.

scum suffer more by the continued existence of a nonscum killing role than town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

actually,
it's good.

:tinsley:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

how are you hunting for an sk

It was meant more at however this sk nonsense became our focus despite a flipped scum to examine all day long

Amoeba102 posted:

We can argue semantics: It hurts town more because it brings LYLO faster. Nonscum killing roles are only better for town than scum if town can win with them.

I'm assuming nobody can win with live SK but I haven't checked op to see if scum win condition is listed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm going to try putting his thought process into a single post

-softclaim tracker or watcher on the byers kill
-amoeba says "that person is scum"
-taste turns that into "amoeba knows byers was killed by scum, either because he's scum, or a vig" (though not sk?), but votes amoeba
-taste then poo-poos sk spec in favour of a 4th and 5th vig theory

note this dumb derail had already started

i wanted to take it in a particular direction and amoeba's phrasing is p sus

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm on mobile but if I wasn't Id have a long rant about me blowing a gasket over both pm and rarity saying I'm doing things that my posts *explicitly* counter

Pm I am saying its a thread focus and people buying into it are acting anti town, someone already suspicious for other reasons and acting anti town is worth a vote

Rar I am literally calling multiple times for people to examine Merks post history

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Your stated intentions do not line up with "fake soft claim as a gotcha". It works as a derail from the Derp/FV secret mason discussion but it doesn't go to discussing merk's port history.

can you rephrase this post? I don't get what you mean

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

If you wanted us to talk about merk's port history, then your soft fake claim did not serve this purpose as it started it's on derail. A derail that would have happened regardless because you soft fake claimed.

you make it sound as if one desired intent was subsidiary to the other

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

What?

I'm saying that if you wanted to shift thread focus onto merk's post history, then saying "Hey, guess what I know *wink wink*" instead focuses the thread on you and any resulting discussion there of.

well yes I have Multiple Goals and Concurrent Aims

I wasn't going to very well go fishing after steering the conversation to where I wanted it to be and derail it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

imagine all of us investigating a house like in scooby doo

zoinks the lights go out and when they're back on ernie is missing!

some people decide to talk about how he ascended to heaven uh that's weird why don't we look for clues

well i guess since we're talking about rapture I can fish for a closet zealot by quoting scripture and then we can look after

• Locked thread