Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This almost single handedly justifies shoving all the Ultimates out when they did.

If everyone else gets stuff like this, all the better. Give me cyber Lilimon please! Zudomon with tentacles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
What if Mimi and Palmon just get BanchoLilymon?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That one is an Ultimate, not a Perfect

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fully translated profiles:

quote:

MetalGreymon Alterous Mode

Metal Greymon, who acquired mighty power by mechanizing its upper body, has been updated with further mechanization to its right arm. With the accumulation of fierce battles that it has lived through, it transformed its right arm into a huge energy cannon called "Alterous" so that it can fight against tough enemies that draw near. Its Special Moves are concentrating energy into the "Alterous" and firing subluminal bombardments (Positron Blaster), and a positron sword in which it converts the energy it has accumulated into a blade (Alter Blade). It exhibits its full combat ability at both close and long range, and has been remodeled to defeat any tough enemy it encounters.

quote:

Dark Maildramon

The form of Maildramon, who acts as Knightmon's servant and acquired the power of "Miracles", that found righteousness in evil after abandoning justice. Its Chrome Digizoid armor has been dyed a dark color, and it is seeking a heart of darkness in its master, Knightmon. If there is a Knightmon with a strong evil heart, it will be obedient to them, but if it senses even a shred of conscience, it will crush even its own master under its bulk. Its Special Move is flapping its tattered wings, causing dark bullets to rain down (Dark Wing).

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

Fully translated profiles:

You Must Be This Evil To Ride This Horse

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Look at my horse, my horse is so evil.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'd be happy just if they give Lilymon Banchou's goofy thorn yo-yos.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It'd be better than Lilimon X who gets a bigger chest, cleavage to show it off and weird hands

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The only right choice for Lilimon's super mode is Togemon X. Give her the hat and poncho, that's all she needs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

meanwhile, it'd be a bad idea to have Garudamon tossing totem poles around in 2020.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

meanwhile, it'd be a bad idea to have Garudamon tossing totem poles around in 2020.

We're trying to politely ignore Japan right now please

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Virus Busters' chart is out. After all the other interesting ones, this line up is a bit disappointing. Rip Mitamamon getting in. Gotta wonder what all these super ultimates are, though.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Virus Busters' chart is out. After all the other interesting ones, this line up is a bit disappointing. Rip Mitamamon getting in. Gotta wonder what all these super ultimates are, though.

Those are pretty arbitrary. Shoutmon 1/3/5 but goddramon for its mega form? They could have at least put OmegaShoutmon somewhere in there. Valquimon seems tailor-made for Tapirmon’s evolution line but that’s not in there either. Two of the legend arms are in but only their ultimate forms for some reason, so one of the secret evolutions probably isn’t RagnaLordmon. It’s just kind of a mess all around...

I was thinking of getting it since I had a pendulum zero in elementary school, but maybe I’ll grab metal empire or something instead.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Most of these have been killing it, and I love how freakish the new VBs are. But man is this one kinda bad.

I also wish we got more new Megas for these. Regalexmon and debatably Nidhoggmon are the only two so far, right? I could've easily seen Entmon as a mega for plant lines that isn't a fairy for a change.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Getting XW Digimon, especially DigiXros forms, would've been impossible very shortly ago. Having Shoutmon is one thing, but X3 and X5 would've never been in a non-XW V-Pet until the XW-level update in the DRB that happened very recently. Saying this is uninteresting is impossible to understand for me, between Adventure: and this roster it basically sets in stone that the XW guys are a part of the franchise and will be treated like anyone else.

Now do the same for Appmon, please.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Blaze Dragon posted:

Getting XW Digimon, especially DigiXros forms, would've been impossible very shortly ago. Having Shoutmon is one thing, but X3 and X5 would've never been in a non-XW V-Pet until the XW-level update in the DRB that happened very recently. Saying this is uninteresting is impossible to understand for me, between Adventure: and this roster it basically sets in stone that the XW guys are a part of the franchise and will be treated like anyone else.

Now do the same for Appmon, please.

Well to be fully fair they actually used OmegaShoutmon X in the Digital Monster X v3 just a little while ago (before assigning the XW 'mons levels). Not quite the same since it's an X form, but it implies they've been gearing up to reuse the XW digimon for a bit.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Saying this is uninteresting is impossible to understand for me

I'm cool with the XW mons getting in, it's the wasting 8 slots on the full Agumon 06 and Guilmon lines that is boring to me. Especially when the other versions were getting less utilized lines like Labramon and such. But I see people elsewhere say that the original Virus Busters was basically all protag mons (Agumon, Gabumon and Salamon) so I guess it fits.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Appmon would be easy to slot into the main series, but I think there’s some hesitation due to what a complete flop Appmon’s merch sales was.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Appmon would be easy to slot into the main series, but I think there’s some hesitation due to what a complete flop Appmon’s merch sales was.

Have any of the Appmon even appeared in anything outside the anime series?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Larryb posted:

Well... there’s the Appmon video game

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Well... there’s the Appmon video game

Is that any good (I assume you’d have to import it though)?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Going to go out on a pretty sturdy limb and guess the remaining mystery slots are Shine Greymon BM and possibly Shoutmon X7

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

They appear in the Twitter account every so often so they aren't forgotten, but other than that, they only appear on specifically Appmon stuff (the 3DS game, the anime and the manga). No Digimon/Appmon crossovers exist beyond that one episode with Agumon, and even there Digimon were specifically a separate thing from Appmon.

Omnicrom posted:

Going to go out on a pretty sturdy limb and guess the remaining mystery slots are Shine Greymon BM and possibly Shoutmon X7

ShineGreymon BM is basically confirmed. The other Savers lines are in the other V-Pets (except Lalamon I think?) and they all end in a mystery slot so those are the Burst Modes for sure.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This was something I was mildly worried about- if you go so far out of your way to separate something from the brand...that's going to make bringing it back kind of difficult isn't it?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Burkion posted:

This was something I was mildly worried about- if you go so far out of your way to separate something from the brand...that's going to make bringing it back kind of difficult isn't it?

That was the calculated risk. They wanted a show that wasn’t tied to Digimon’s baggage that could appeal to a younger fanbase. Unfortunately, that only alienated older fans and didn’t attract younger fans

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Which is a shame because Appmon is a good show and features one of the best female protagonists in the franchise.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Appmon 18: This seems REALLY early to introduce an upgrade with the power level of Globemon, so I assume either the power scaling is going to be off the charts or they won't be able to use Globemon very often?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So far we only have a translated profile for Mimicmon from the VB V-Pet. So Baluchimon and Manticoremon yet to come.

quote:

Mimicmon

An Adult Digimon thought to have mutated from security software used for protecting computer terminals. As a result of capturing and taking in Virus-types that invade its territory similar to a trap, its own Attribute has become Virus as well. There are numerous Digimon sealed within its body, and the arms and horn coming out of its cage all originate from other Digimon.

The weapon on its left arm "Dead Shot", which is its main equipment, is also loaded from the Digimon it has sealed, but its power has dropped dramatically due to the data being compressed. Its Special Move is depriving the enemy of their freedom with the mist released from its cage (Hinder Miasma). Many Digimon that are immobilized by this technique are taken into Mimicmon's body.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Which is a shame because Appmon is a good show and features one of the best female protagonists in the franchise.

Wait what’s this now?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

readingatwork posted:

Wait what’s this now?

Karan Eri is extremely great and the center of the universe and she'll give you an explosive punch if you doubt that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Karan Eri is extremely great and the center of the universe and she'll give you an explosive punch if you doubt that.

To add on to that, she’s just as competent as the male characters (if not more so at times) and usually gets herself out of messes on her own, which is something of a rarity when it comes to the later female protagonists in Digimon. She’s also well written to boot and gets to have (and win) fights on a regular basis.

She’s kind of like the Anti-Izumi in a sense.

Appmon in general has a bit of a slow start but once it gets going it pretty much stays good the whole way through, watch it if you haven’t already.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 28, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

drrockso20 posted:

That one is an Ultimate, not a Perfect

This is digimon. levels are fungible between different iterations of media.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That one was an Ultimate, but this one is an Ultimate.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

This is digimon. levels are fungible between different iterations of media.

Off the top of my head outside of Armor Digimon and Spirit Digimon(and not counting anything Xros Wars related at all as that's a huge can of worms) it's been a long time since they've really done anything of that nature, like the better part of 20 years in fact

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Also found this nice blank transparent chart template based on how they've been doing the new V-Pet charts, figure we could have some fun with it(would be nice if more people than me made fan lines and charts around here);

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Off the top of my head outside of Armor Digimon and Spirit Digimon(and not counting anything Xros Wars related at all as that's a huge can of worms) it's been a long time since they've really done anything of that nature, like the better part of 20 years in fact

Other then magnamon, spirits and armors have been comparable to champions for a while now i thought? I know dna digivolutions vary wildly but i thought those two were at least consistent

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

Other then magnamon, spirits and armors have been comparable to champions for a while now i thought? I know dna digivolutions vary wildly but i thought those two were at least consistent

In Savers at least, Armors are treated as being on the level of perfects, as shown by the Bio Hybrids and Drimogemon evolving into Digmon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

In Savers at least, Armors are treated as being on the level of perfects, as shown by the Bio Hybrids and Drimogemon evolving into Digmon.

That isn't really true, at least on the latter one. Digmon is still very much treated as an Adult, it's fought by GeoGreymon and Gaogamon, not a higher level. Drimogemon just went from Adult to stronger Adult, which happens, Digimon evolution doesn't need to have a level jump even if it mostly does.

Also this tweet makes so much sense, I can 100% see it.
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1321425680798765060

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

That isn't really true, at least on the latter one. Digmon is still very much treated as an Adult, it's fought by GeoGreymon and Gaogamon, not a higher level. Drimogemon just went from Adult to stronger Adult, which happens, Digimon evolution doesn't need to have a level jump even if it mostly does.

Also this tweet makes so much sense, I can 100% see it.
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1321425680798765060

I mean, Adults combining their strength to beat a Perfect has happened lots of times in this franchise. That’s very much in line with how that battle happened in Savers.

And man, Rebellimon is finally the bridge we need between Ogremon and Titamon, isn’t he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

And man, Rebellimon is finally the bridge we need between Ogremon and Titamon, isn’t he?

The bridge is Digitamamon :colbert: