Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hey that was pretty good. Not much to add, just that I really like the whole confrontation with Alphamon. He just brutalizes everyone that goes at him really efficiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, this set of episodes didn't feel as much as a complete package as the previous ones.

Still, I love Himekawa's backstory and I loved Tai and Matt, partners in buffoonery.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Burkion posted:

If you say so. I still find it weird how disconnected he is- doesn't seem to care what happened to them with the Reboot at all.

He's an adult. The only adults still obsessed with Digimon are weirdos.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked it as a whole better than the individual parts. Aside from broader plot points, two bits jumped out to me. One was the explanation of astronaut Matt. That made me laugh drat hard. The second was holy moly was that a lot of blood. That surprised the heck out of me.

I wasn't overly fond of Meiko and Meicoomon but in hindsight that isn't so important. Regardless of if I liked them or not, I wanted the digidestined to succeed in saving them. Up until Nishijima died, I was wondering exactly how they would solve this. Given some of the spoiler images I saw, I assumed Omegamon ANGEL MODE would purify them or something. So it was pretty shocking for me when I realized that they weren't going to save them. Pretty bold for Tri to answer the questions the kids had with "honestly, there may not be a good answer to any of those questions. Just try your best."

Overall, pretty good. The ending part did a lot to make me like Tri overall.

Special mention for Himekawa I guess. She's amazing and I'm sad that her story wrapped up so perfectly earlier. She revives her childhood, finds it not to be the way she remembered, and then strangles it in rage. It's beautiful.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 5, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Why would they feel conflicted? They were told the 02 kids were safe and sound so they had no reason to think they were killing a friend.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

They should have let them hold hands.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Burkion posted:

I mean, have them actually be part of the story

Let's see the process for gaining a license for a food cart!

Nodosaur posted:

Looking at it from a purely business point of view, you have a movie series that made a ton of money up to the very end versus the sales of a BD set that made less money than both the sets that came before it.

I mean even Konaka was realistic about his expectations there.

YES GIVE ME MORE OMEGAMON FORMS!

Edit: No, I'm saying I'm the "bad" fan who helped make Tri successful and all I need is Omegamon v4 with a bigger sword.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 30, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I know, I'll send Leomon into the vents!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I too like the pictures.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Holy moly you guys weren't kidding about the animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked Devimon and Skullknightmon popping up to save Seraphimon and Ophanimon. It was a good conclusion to a shaky arc.