Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Has any fan Digimon game translation actually finished? I know there's a Lost Evolution one that's been "almost done" for the last 2 years but I haven't really been paying attention to other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The dub of Tamers has Steve Blum being awesome without being typecast as Spike.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Covok posted:

Steve Blum has done so, so many roles that this is not the only time that happened. That said, the agent guy was a really cool character.

I'm the type who really, really hates pun hence the "cringe worthy" comment. I suppose mileage will vary on that front.

I was talking about Guilmon.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hsdevGgwU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dude's got chops but hardly anyone wants him to use them :v:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

They gave everyone megas (though you have to go out of your way for them) in the tie-in Adventure retelling game so it'd be kinda silly not to have them.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Covok posted:

What was up with Children's War Game's animation? It was very different, in a good way. Looked expensive to make.

It and the "Digimon Adventure" with the giant Agumon fighting Parrotmon were promotional things they did for animation festivals.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It was on the Family Channel in a before school timeslot.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I found it because they'd been airing 02 and Tamers there for some time. Pretty sure it was never on an over the air station in my market except for Adventure.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The local Fox station has always run morning talk shows and afternoon gameshows instead of taking the 90s cartoon block tax break. The independent station that ran Fox Kids stuff became a WB long before Digimon was a thing and our UPN existed for maybe a month, so I guess I got lucky with TV station politics. ABC Family had a continuous run up through Frontier and there was nowhere else to watch it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

So, after seeing like the third attempted Digimon World Dawn/Dusk LP I decided to try the game out. It's pretty fun, if not a bit high on the random encounter level.

But a little thing baffles me. Armor Digivolution is in the game, and you're given the Digiegg of Love early on, and Hawkmon is an early game Digimon.

Yet Halsemon isn't in the game, heck looking it up the only Armor Digimon that appeared in the show that are available are Flamedramon and Magnamon. :psyduck:

Pretty sure Magnamon is the only armor digimon that isn't 100% jogress fodder, too.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Man, the last couple of weeks have been all about impossible announcements.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Squallege posted:

4 Greymon megas??? I only thought there was War Greymon!

And ShineGreymon, WarGreymon X, VictoryGreymon and Omnimon in that particular game.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KoB posted:

You can frequently get a Vita TV for like 30-40 bucks.

Yeah, but a lot of Vita games don't work on Vita TV for random reasons.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

They're all pretty bad. I hear Digimon World 2 has its moments but I can't say I've ever managed to get anywhere with it. Digimon Adventure for the PSP seems alright but last I checked the translation was far from finished. Digimon World 3 and the DS games are about the grindiest loving things short of the worst Korean MMOs.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

mateo360 posted:

Digimon World DS isn't too bad but can be a little grindy and padded out. Unfortunately the sequels Dawn and Dusk ruin the battle system where as in DS you always had at least one move that didn't cost any energy to use, Dusk and Dawn had where every attack cost energy meaning you could get to a point where you could only stand around an do nothing as the enemy beat on you.

That's just the game telling you to quit grinding for a minute and warp back to town. If you want ruined, check out Lost Evolution, which removes multihit moves and generally slashes attack power.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That sure is a way to handle the connection with 02 :staredog:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I just hope they don't quickly reintroduce them and end up making Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, rendering a dozen characters pointless instead of the usual half dozen :v:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

http://www.digimonworld.org/2015/12/opdecoded-translation-group-picks-up.html

Digimon Story: Lost Evolution is getting a fan translation finally.

I'll believe that when I have a patch running right here in front of me. Too many people have been dangling this one for too many years to believe anything til then.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Don't forget the scars, tattoos, veins, leather, and body piercings

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The explanation: Black Omnimon isn't distinctive enough for the primary antagonist.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I dunno, right off the bat the american version seems more complete (as in explaining what the gently caress is Diaboromon's deal). I'll need to see the original version to see how it holds up, of course. Thanks.

Also holy poo poo, these are a fuckton of Veemons

Is he the digimon with the most variants/evolutions?

Agumon's gotta be pretty close. They've both been the main character's partner many times and have picked up a lot of cruft over the years.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TriffTshngo posted:

Best Digimon game is a hard tie between Cyber Sleuth and Digital Card Battle. A distant third for me would be World 3 but I know people are more fond of the World games on DS than the PSX ones. I mostly just have a lot of nostalgia for World 3.

I, too, have a fondness for terrible grindfest Digimon World 3 but I admit that it's not very good. Better hope you don't have specific megas in mind going into that or you'll be there for months grinding.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TriffTshngo posted:

My go-to tactic was to grind it out with Agumon until I got SkullGreymon, then fast-track over to the West sector and get Counter and Multi-Crests for all 3 of my dudes. From then on you can pretty much spend the rest of the game letting enemies deal their own damage to themselves as you spend turns healing and occasionally using a tech or two.

Yeah, but that doesn't work in the PAL version, which has an extra quest in the endgame :smithicide:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Geostomp posted:

Terriermon and his line wer out, starting the trend of never putting him in games for some reason.

He's in the DS games but iirc you have to go out of your way to get him. And you can get MegaGargomon in World 3 but it comes from MetalGarurumon for whatever reason.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm about halfway through Digimon World 3 and Renamon has ended up being my main physical attacker and Agumon turned out to be a blaster mage :psyboom:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah that is sad as DW1 is an insanely bad game. Like objectively bad.

2 is the most interesting before Cyber Sleuth but people weren't expecting DigimonRL.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Kind of hard to believe this guy is a digimon.

It's Meteor Black Dragon from YGO.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'd follow a DS Digimon LP.

I'd follow pretty much any Digimon LP, honestly, nearly all of those games are not fun to play.

Someone finally finished a Digimon World 3 LP recently. They still have the EU version postgame content to show but it's taken like 10 attempts to get this far.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

It looks like a Muppet, Burk.

I dunno. I like the horrifying hellmaws Belial has on his shoulders.

Pictured: terrifying hellmaws, apparently

They're both goofy in their own ways but only one of them looks like they accidentally used a toy airplane mold and decided to just roll with it.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 1, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The English patch for Digimon Adventure on PSP finally finished the last week https://digimonadventurenglish.weebly.com/updates

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

jivjov posted:

Is this the game that had the 01-style warp digivolve sequences for all 8 partners?

Yep.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's a variant of Wargreymon-X.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

Yugioh had a dragon made out of bullets, does that count

Several, even.

There is a cowboy Satan digimon with laser gun fingers and revolvers for legs. And Deputymon.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cyber Sleuth's on Steam and Switch now bundled with Hacker's Memory and with Hacker's Memory features backported.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omnicrom posted:

And if they backported the balance changes from Hacker's Memory they also made Lilithmon much worse :pseudo:

Made more annoying because the guard break kings in Hacker's Memory were Imperialdramon PM and Alphamon Ouryuken, neither of which are attainable until literally the very very end of the game in the original Cyber Sleuth unless they relented on their special requirements.

The only annoying requirement on Alphamon Ouryruken is 80 ABI and the fact that dna digivolving consumes one of the 2 digimon used. No special requirements involved.

The only special requirements I've seen are a couple that require having completed Hacker's Memory.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 22, 2019

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Balance is pretty fucky later in the game. I was quite surprised when chapter 18 had a boss that didn't take immensely more damage from neutral penetrating attacks than 3x weak regular ones, unlike every other boss since like chapter 10.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Omnicrom posted:

So it sounds like they cut those requirements. Good.

For context Alphamon Ouryuken wasn't in the original Cyber Sleuth at all. Meanwhile Alphamon regular (and literally every other Royal Knight+Imperialdramon PD and Rapidmon Armor) all required you do a specific bonus fight that literally unlocks only in chapter 20 (of 20). The only other special requirement digimon in the original Cyber Sleuth IIRC was Mastemon, who you couldn't get until after an event late in the game with Mirei. A side effect of these requirements were that DORUgremon literally couldn't evolve for 99% of the game.

Oh yeah forgot about the digieggs, those are still a thing so Magnamon and Rapidmon (Armor) are extra useless.

I just double checked and was able to make Imperialdramon Paladin Mode (sad lack of piercing on him) without the mission for it. I'm guessing the same can happen with Dianamon but I can't be bothered to check. On to Hacker's Memory.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Starting on Hacker's Memory now.

goggleheaded protagonist posted:

I'm just a background character