Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Huffer
Jul 26, 2007

dude were so
high right now
hahaha

Paper Lion posted:

The english dub also makes the show a LOT better, I have no idea why there are people that insist on seeing digimon in the original Japanese because the dubs are what give them a lot of their flavour and fun.
I enjoy the English dub for Digimon a LOT, but the dub also had a lot of really troubling characterizations. This was mostly just with Mimi, and it also had a lot to do with the whole 90's thing of "girly girls = 'bad; tomboys = good" that was prevalent at the time.

Either way, I'm not gonna say that the English version is horrible. It's probably one of my favorite dubs out there, but I still take a lot of issue with some of the characterization of some of the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU