Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

This is exactly the amount of I was expecting from a Digimon thread in the year of our lord 2017.

Someone please help me, I just caught up on Tri and I'm drowning in nostalgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TK got a lot of focus in Confession, though, with the whole Patamon thing, so him taking a back seat to Sora getting an actually interesting arc is fine by me. The presence of, say, Puppetmon would have made his presence feel more justified, but maybe they've got something planned that requires both Puppetmon and Piedmon to be around as villains.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think Greymon is also more interesting and appealing, visually? "Big red dinosaur" is cool, yeah, but "big orange dinosaur with blue markings, and he's got a horned-helmet" is much more striking and unique, and that orange stands out more than Tyranno Red does.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It also occurs to me that Guilmon/Growlmon may be as much a shout-out to Tyrannomon as they are to Greymon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kurui Reiten posted:

I never noticed this before, but good gently caress looking at it with that in mind, I can totally see it.

Here's a hue-shifted version for shits and giggles.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

ah, i just guessed Portuguese since i think you said you were Brazilian

thanks for explaining :p
Anime VictoryGreymon when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI4U26TezmU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

and having absolutely no one care except for the new character who didn't know Leomon at all or even talk to him.
"Oh, Leomon's back."
"$20 says he bites it before tomorrow."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Once upon a time, I tried to LP Digimon World Dawn, but a combination of over extending and RL issues means I had to stop at Access Glacier. Think I might give that another go at some point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

The Tri dub is out in America.

Is it any good?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's depressing to hear it said like that. The dichotomy of either outgrowing your toys, or watching them be stuck in perpetual adolescence.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

7020 yen, am I reading that right?

Seventy loving dollars?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Good quality plastic and a better paint job doesn't make up for the fact that it's basically a shellformer. Not for $70, anyways. I could see $40, maybe even $50 if they were really pushing it, but $70? Jesus gently caress, no. I could get a Figuarts for that price.

Admittedly, the actually-good WarGreymon Figuarts is $135, so maybe they're just keeping true to form. (And don't tell me it's about component quality, because the companion MetalGarurumon is $50.)

Edit I am getting unreasonably mad about children's monster toys.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 24, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What's the difference between that WarGreymon and this one?
That one's a 5-inch.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Er, 140 mm is also 5 inches. In fact, looking around it seems the only difference are the paint apps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r087GLuJwi0
I'm a dumbass, don't mind me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There was an Angewomon/LadyDevimon cat fight in S1, I can't pretend to be even remotely surprised.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNVB4_r4DE

Is still too expensive but drat if ain't pretty. It also does credence to the idea that WarGreymon was designed with the toy in mind and not viceversa. Same with Metal Garurumon.

Is going to be interesting to see how they work the rest of the Chosen Digimon.
Transformation still looks finicky as hell. So many tiny thin breakpoints...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

MetalGarurumon/Gabumon, with the original version on the right.

Now this, this is a marked improvement on the original. Easily sold, here.

Also, you know what's always bugged me? When people get upset about the dub name Diaboromon. It is a literal translation of the Japanese name that also manages to dodge the censors. It's elegant and avoids all the usual complaints with dub name changes... and people still bitched about it.

What I'm saying here is that the Digimon fandom is awful and unpleaseable.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't really much care for dub names that mangle foreign words. It's not a good look.
What do you think 'Diablo' means?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I know what Diablo means. I'm saying mangling it for the sake of getting stuff past the censors doesn't reflect on them well, and it's also pretty pointless when you already have Angemon and Devimon running around.
Personally, I think "Diaboromon" flows better when spoken aloud.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

i even agree that diaboromon is stupid sounding
Philistines, all of you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

There's no rhyme or reason for what is and isn't objectionable, either for monster names or for the plot.
You're blaming Digimon for the 90s.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Like, not just changing them to begin with, "Charizard" is "Charizard" in one in one incarnation and he's "Flamedragon" in another?
I thought that was "Flamedramon" at first, and it sounded like a much more interesting hypothetical than what you're talking about.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nerds are weird and pedantic, news at 11.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Two pages later...

PMush Perfect posted:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

You know what? Just loving forget it. Message received. If this is how we're going to play it, then this won't come up again. I can clarify all I want, and point out parts where I actually was satisfied with the dub all I want, and you'll just continue to take what you want from it and ignore the rest while leaving personal insults on the table. Just. Whatever, guys.
You're letting yourself get very upset about what strangers think of your opinions about a children's Japanimation.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Chimera-gui posted:

Such large-scale changes need to have a logical basis behind them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Chimera-gui posted:

Cause that mindset has never failed before oh wait: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnMQoGU4Npw

Compare that to Transformers which, while not immune to bad decision-making, can compensate for that since the bad decisions tend to be exaggerated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6rJ3OoG94
lol if you expect me to watch two 40+ minute videos about why you win an internet argument

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, good, looks like Tai's gonna finally get over himself. You know it's sad when Joe goes through your arc in one movie when you've been struggling with it for four.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm just really frustrated with this subplot. It made sense in part 1, but it's been dragged out way too long.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I felt like he kind of got over himself in part 4.
Maybe? I hope so, but until we get Omnimon again, there's no way to be sure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Conversation starter: What's everyone's favorite and least-favorite part of Tri so far? I think my favorite is Determination, and my least-favorite is Confession.

Determination puts focus on two of the most neglected Digi-Chosen-Destiny-Children and I particularly appreciate how Jou's angst all comes from getting pulled by his Reliability and responsibility in two different directions. Gomamon is a good boy, and even Meicoomon gets away without being too annoying. I wasn't surprised by Leomon's death, but I felt like it was well-justified.

Confession, on the other hand, is... a mess. Narratively, it can't seem to decide if it wants to be asking new questions or answering old ones, and not in any kind of way where the answers create further questions. It lays the groundwork for a couple of good moments in Loss (Himekawa's break being the best example), but oh my God, Confession was the movie that made me me understand the Meiko hate. Also, Meicoomon's evolution just being Anthro Boobie Meicoomon is both weird and lazy. Yes, that's exactly what our Mary Sue needed, an orange Renamon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, I'll give you the Dark Masters being a complete wet fart of a letdown.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Same here, Loss edges out Confession. It made me dislike Brave Heart being used even. Determination is the best handling of grounded character drama so i like it best.
Just rewatch Rebirth and Determination until the song is purified in your mind again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I kinda agree with Razor here. Obviously, it makes sense for a Child Digimon to have a childish view and personality, but here it's like they're being written by someone who really dislikes and doesn't spend any time around children. I can sympathize, but it doesn't make for likable characters. And that's really the crux of it, Agumon is just aggressively unlikable in Tri. I like how Patamon in particular is handled, Tentomon and Gomamon get out pretty okay, too, but everyone else's partner is either generic and forgettable or actively worse. (Which is a particular shame for Palmon, since this is my favorite writing/presentation of Mimi yet.)

That's... better, I guess? I mean, $60 feels less unreasonable than $70. Still a bit high, but if the component quality is actually as good as they're implying, it makes sense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

That has to be fake. The appmon chip art is completely different AND it's a pre-existing picture.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time, they milked some extra interest out of Agumon. I'll be more convinced if the Appmon art is also a pre-existing picture.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A part of me wants to have a custom avatar bet, but I'm not nearly convinced enough for that. Just wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was real.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2zCrdv48ls

I'm still a sucker for Digimon song covers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

For anyone who's interested, I decided to celebrate the 20th anniversary by reviving my old Digimon World: Dawn LP.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Digimon Thread - Joe/Jou Arguments ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Meet Meicoomon's real ultimate, Rasielmon.

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/879204995123597312

According to the Digimon Reference Book, is an angel digimon that held the position Ofanimon currently has and who is able to see anything that happens on the digiworld since the Kernel.

http://digimon.net/cat-digimon-dictionary/09-ra/rasielmon/index.html
This is just getting more and more fanfiction-y each movie, isn't it?