Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Classy Hydra posted:

Yeah, from what I recall Frontier's villains were pretty distinctive. The actual plots they were used in weren't particularly good, but as characters they were pretty appealing and I really wish they'd gone with the initial plan drafted up regarding the Dark Warriors.

What was the original plan for the Dark Warriors? They've always been some of my favorite Digimon villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Real talk, the Digivice design peaked with the D-Power.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Geostomp posted:

But there’s more than just Adventure to work with. Tamers, Savers, and (God help us) Frontier still exist and are from about the same time. Use some of that if you’re so desperate for nostalgia. Hyperfocusing on just the first thing to get big only leads to stagnation. It’s the same reason I get annoyed with all the G1 pandering in Transformers.

Hmm, Frontier reboot or splinters under my fingernails...that's a real tough choice

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

At least the BDs are going to fix all that...I hope.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I figured this fan game would be up the thread's alley. I've been playing since this morning, and I'm already attached to my Strikedramon :)

https://twitter.com/Dragonrod_Art/status/1329894691534483458?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Burkion posted:

I just think its kind of lame when the baby version is very specifically just the child but without a body

Same for Renamon and Guilmon

To be fair, the whole Guilmon line was designed by an elementary school kid :v: