Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Because the second half of 02 isn't very good. Ken should have become an Eggmanesque rival who helps beat other bad guys because only he can conquer the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

I didn't notice it until it was pointed out, but is anyone else bothered by Sora and Hikari having the exact same faces in the promo picture for Tri? I wasn't really feeling the art before, and now I think I know why.
Go watch Tsuritama.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Momomo posted:

I wasn't really interested in Digimon past season 2, so hearing they're making a sequel to it has me a bit interested. I don't really know very much about how the series really is these days, how are the other seasons?

Watch 3 and a few loops of the gif of the dude from 5 punching a line of venommyotismons down like dominoes. Other than that gently caress it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I will import the Japanese BDs in a heartbeat if Toei has the gall to just make the villain Myotismon again in Tri.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't want to have to learn anyone's actual names.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The thing I always liked as a kid about 2 is that Ken was my favorite villain because he wasn't just some monster, he was a human. The concept of a Digidestined who decided who, being a super intelligent member of the Chosen Ones decides, as a kid like that very well might, to become king of the loving monsters, was a lot better to me than "well he's a weird space monster who made everyone else you fought."

Of course the 2nd half hosed all that up by making it about all that bananas spore poo poo which also undermines any notion of a redemption arc since his mind was being hosed with.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've been rewatching Adventure on Netflix and I am convinced being a Digimon makes you dumb by default. Like, even Myotismon seems to operate at roughly Cobra Commander tier competence.

Oh well, children's cartoon

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean like, Myotismon descends down on TK, Matt, Gabu, and the two stooges and instead of just vaporizing the former he yells at the latter for eating ice cream and tells them to steal the tags and crests. Come on man, I know you're really dedicated to the whole "uhuhu I'm an evil vampire overlord why I should I get my hands dirty" thing but the solution is obvious.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It looks better than Digimon ever has (also watch Cencoroll and Tsuritama).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Also 1990s racism, the best kind of racism

Watch G Gundam and be amazed

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tri is good, Mimi is good, JP Agumon sounds weird, hope the 02 Crew aren't proper smoked.

Those are my Digimon feelings.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Iirc weren't the dub names just supposed to be nicknames anyway?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am going to throw out a bet and say the big bad guy will Vamdemon again.

That's Myotismon right? Sort of hoping this too, the anger will be incredible.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think as a kid my favorite was Matt because I was an idiot and didn't yet understand that Mimi is actually the cool one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

mikeycp posted:

The dubs are better, imo. They are very good dubs.

I remember giving 01 a bit of a look awhile ago on Netflix and it struck me just how much Digital Monsters never shuts the gently caress up. It was especially noticeable comparing the Hasoda episode between Digital Monsters and Adventure.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is Brave Heart what played over the evolution in Tri, cause that was kind of terrible.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cheese Pain posted:

It's better with vocals, but I liked the instrumental too. :shobon:

Felt the exact opposite, they lost me the moment the vocals kicked in :shrug:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Also the Tri movie was pretty mediocre huh...

No?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am hoping for more of the 02 crew and hope Tri does interesting things with them, particularly since Ken is the best DD aside from Mimi.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

watching Tri, Mimi is still the strongest

e: annoying theme of the movie so far: "Mimi owns way too much, gotta hammer that nail down"
e2: they walked it back though so it's cool

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 13, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ahaha Himekawa of all people sending Hooters Mimi to Izzy

e: this leomon scene

WORLD OF KNIFE

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I didn't even know there was actually a BanchoLilymon, I figured that was a joke or something. It looks cooler than Rosemon, but Rosemon's aesthetics fit better with the rest of the crew.

Right now i'm seriously wondering what side Ken is on, ultimately he is going to be a good guy since he's in the epilogue and everything, and more importantly he is going to be a detective so his actions this movie add up to detective work (visiting crime scenes, gathering info and restraining a culprit/murder weapon until enough information is gathered) all he did was gather data, but was it to aid the chosen children, was he in cahoots with the government (that government lady, after obviously on purpose ensuring that Izzy would come to Daters so that the digimon were all alone for her to do something with, had ample unaccounted time to meet up with Ken and set up Meicoomon to be kidnapped) or maybe he and the 02 Kids are their own fraction in all of this?
Calling it now, he was hoping for Imperialdramon's defeat so that it'd be reborn and thus both partner digimon were finally free of the infection.

Ken isn't working with Himekawa, she shows surprise when she sees him by herself. She's definitely a villain though, watch her face during the reaction montage to Meicoomon going nuts.

e: but yeah re: Ken and Imperialdramon, everyone's reactions are stupidly muted to Ken and I'm sorry but bullshit they just straight up BEAT Imperialdramon, that's ridiculous.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ethiser posted:

It's kind of crazy that the group that is supposed to serve as the protectors of the digital world has been the bad guys more than the group of digimon that is made up of literal demons.

nobody likes a paladin

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My one problem with Gatoman was that there was never really enough of a nod to her being perma-champion. Show needed more of her just casually swatting dudes aside.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Digimon Lore is the worst.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My Digimon hot take: I have always loved Ken's doofy Emperor getup and like that we got an older version.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Covok posted:

Digimon World: ReDigitize any good? Any chances an english speaker will be able to play all of Digimon Adventure Anniversary on PSP?

It's a Digimon World game so probably not.

There's an english fanpatch.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean the best digimon game without qualifiers is just Cyber Sleuth surely

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I had heard of Lion Guard before but sort of assumed the people that mentioned it were joking

they weren't, apparently

that's my takeaway

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh boy

a mobage

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I binged through the last 2/3 of Cyber Sleuth this week, did all the side missions except for the demons and Paladin Mode.

That game's main storyline and ending is way weaker than individual sequences and sidequests throughout, the leveling requirements (especially raising ABI) are asinine, and there's parts that are straight up stretched out for no reason (most egregiously the part with invisible warp traps that do literally nothing but waste time).

That said, fun game, really would like a follow-up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

do we know what the next of the good games (Story) is supposed to be? I know the devs of CS are making some Valkyria Chronicles spinoff but I don't keep up with Digimon news so I don't know if CS has its own successor or not.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Burkion posted:

The fact that her entire character arc in the second movie is just doubling down on "I'm perfect, gently caress you" is great.

it's a great bait and switch, they make you briefly think they're going to dial her back, then turn that poo poo up

Mimi, Mimi, Mimi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1284077