Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

on the other hand 02 had an episode in which davis was terrified of friendship for some reason

and an episode where kairi nearly got made cthulhu's bride and this was never referenced again

02 is my favorite season because it's when I started watching. :downs:

Davis is cool because his simple brain can't comprehend sometimes you have to hurt a friend to help them. Also he's from a mixed family which I thought was pretty cool.

The second half of 02 sucks because they set up the Dark Ocean to be this big, terrible blight threatening the digital world, and then did nothing with it. For awhile there were no villains able to threaten the kids after Paildramon kicked Arukenimon's rear end. The new kids were total pussies about killing evil digimon that were threatening to slaughter humans and all world tour was the worst kind of filler. Then in a badly written plot twist, Myotismon infected the creepiest dude ever and he's the final boss.

tl;dr version: There was no clear threat in the second half of 02.

It also didn't help the original kids were hovering around guiding them. Yolei especially got shafted because Izzy handled all the computer stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
The movie Diablomon Strikes Back is 02 in a nutshell. The original kids do everything important and Ken and Davis can only save the day because Matt and Tai are there.

Cody barely even appears and has one line of dialogue, I think.

Too bad the radio drama where they all swap Digimentals and Wormmon evolves into a pink fairy never came over here.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
^^^
Nothing tops the episode where Ken gets kidnapped and tortured in the back of a semi. That was dark as poo poo.

Endorph posted:

I liked how the middle part of 02 was just steveblummon wandering around and wondering why he was even a character

That character had so little relevance to the plot I forgot he existed. He also died in a way that was so meaningless it actually hindered the people he was trying to help.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 4, 2015

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Imagine how much better Frontier would be if they had shown Double/Hyper forms for everyone not named Takuya and Kouji. Or how improved 02 would be with the other Jogresses getting Megas as well and some more spotlight, instead of being the Daisuke Show ft. Ken.

A Shakkoumon mega would have been rad as hell.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The first five minutes for tri: Determination are up. Needless to say, it contains spoilers about the movie.

Apparently the Kaiser really was Ken all along, who knew.

We also got a new PV for Determination. Junya Ikeda sure can shout when he wants to.

Did they really need to poo poo all over the GOOD half of 02?

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 14, 2016