Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
There was one scene in Adventure where she fended off some of the Digidestined's Champion Digimon when she was still under Myotismon, but after that she was treated like a glorified Rookie. Funnily enough her Armor Digivolution is technically a "sidewise" one powerwise.
However, Gatomon DID reach her Champion state naturally (which implies she was much older than the other partner Digimon) which was probably why she rarely reverted to Rookie or anything lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Endorph posted:

i wonder if theyll dub this for netflix/hulu or something

get the original VAs back and pander to nostalgia

Only if they get the original localisation team back too. Digimon Adventure just ain't the same without endless puns, Dad Jokes and only four choices of background music.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Rodyle posted:

I've been rewatching Adventure on Netflix and I am convinced being a Digimon makes you dumb by default. Like, even Myotismon seems to operate at roughly Cobra Commander tier competence.

Oh well, children's cartoon

As a kid I always wondered why the evil Digimon didn't just target the Digidestined instead of their partners or at least try and smash their Digivices.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Burkion posted:

Well to be fair when he did get up close, he got a werewolf in his face.

Who he then kicked the rear end of. But then an Angel showed up and was a bit more trouble.

Myotismon is basically a dude who is too good to do the dirty work and mostly just wants to dick around with people.

Apocalymon though, he was smart. Wipe out the crests, murder the kids. Shame the power wasn't in some stupid trinket and was just their own inner strength

Apocalymon was great in the dub.

"I am the ultimate evil...complete with hot and cold running water!"

:allears:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

"Mwahahahahahaha! Wait, why am I laughing? I'm supposed to be depressed!"

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Apocalymon and his crappy standup routine was the best part of the dub and I will fight anyone who disagrees :colbert: