Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I pray there's some sort of Savers crossover. That show was too good for the dub it got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nahxela posted:

I started rewatching Savers because I want to watch Digimon get punched.

I miss Savers.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Okay I really really like the new art style.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ethiser posted:

Maybe SkullGreymon will finally get his chance to shine.

:swoon:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

That episode was Chiaki Konaka's baby. The exact details are still kind of sketchy, but he penned that episode on the promise that it would eventually get a follow up episode or mini arc in the later season, but because 02 was a slapdash mess of Too Many Cooks and Toei Animation internal politics at their scummiest, the followup episodes never materialized. It burned Konaka so much (because he was a huge fan of the franchise already), that when a third season of the show was greenlit, Konaka went to the Toei brass and asked to be the showrunner for it so he could have sole editorial control over its story. And because you don't say no to Chiaki "I did Serial Experiments Lain, Giant Robo, Hellsing and The Big O, what have you chucklefucks done?" Konaka, that was how we subsequently got Tamers.

tl;dr: Post-Digital World Tamers your Dark Ocean follow up episode.

He did GR: Giant Robo, not Giant Robo: The Animation. GR: Giant Robo might be good but it's not the one that people think of.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

They all have more or less the same face with very minor eyelash or eyebrow variation but it actually looks alright. Digimon are incredibly cute as well. I'm excited.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm sorry for everyone who didn't watch Savers. It is really, really good.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Livingtrope if you watch Savers (subbed, not the dub,) I'll watch Lain in exchange.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

I would hella agree to this but I know you have a lot of stuff you're "watching" and will never get around to it and that will break my heart

i'll watch it after the eva movies

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I hated frontier because my favorite part about Digimon was always the relationship between the humans and their Digimon partners and Frontier got rid of the Digimon!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Oh.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

KoB posted:

Wait so punching digimon in the face directly allows his agumon to evolve? Thats great.

Yup. There are a few battles where an evolved agumon is desperately needed for support so he has to figure out a way to punch the digimon in the face.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It changed networks, wasn't well-advertised if it was advertised at all, didn't really have much of a toy or videogame presence. It essentially disappeared for most kids. I only found out about it during reruns year later.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I loved the movie version of Hurricane Touchdown. Kerpymon is my favorite digimon. Really need to watch the full thing sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There's no Kerpymon, only Cherubimon (Virtue) :negative: