Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Hey, a Digimon thread and a new Digimon season, which hopefully starts sometime this year!

I like both Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 2, and I really love Tamers as being one of the best anime series ever made.

Sadly, it went downhill with Frontier and I didn't even bother to watch Savers. From what I gather reading this thread, that was a mistake?

I think the Digimon franchise has the best music of any anime franchise. Digimon Adventure had Butterfly and Brave Heart, Digimon Adventure 2 had Target, Break Up and Beat Hit, Tamers had the best music of course, with The Biggest Dreamer, EVO, Card Slash, My Tomorrow and One Vision, and even Frontier had With the Will.

Listen to the Digimon Tamers cast singing The Biggest Dreamer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZEBwLs8bSk

I'm really excited about Tri, I hope it works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I have seen some episodes of the English dub and quickly changed back to German. What the English dubbers did to the music is simply horrible.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Classy Hydra posted:

It's almost certain that the Dark Warriors were supposed to all turn out to be kids from the crossing station, but for whatever reason they decided to opt out of that concept for everyone but Koichi. A lot of small hints leads up to it, and the entire purpose of having the 10 warriors barely makes sense when four of the spirits are somehow moving around without a host and being evil (anyone remember if this was ever explained?), just to be turned into nonentities for the sake of powering their later evolutions (which, thematically, should have been about the 10 reincarnations of the spirits finally joining together again of their own will).

That's what I thought when I first watched the show. 5 kids for the good guys, 5 for the bad guys, snatched by Cherubimon the same way Ophanimon got the heroes. I was surprised when it turned out that 4 of them had no kids.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Some Numbers posted:

So far, yeah, getting to rant about the problems in Frontier has been pretty cathartic, but I know that the next few episodes are really bad and I'm losing my drive.

What I might do is skip the atrocious episodes and review the more palatable ones.

I really do want to rant about some of the stuff that happens in later episodes.

That's a good idea. There is no need to dissect every bad episode when most of us here know the faults of Frontier very well. Skip those episode you have no interest in and review the ones you deem especially interesting/bad/good etc.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Adventure 02 was worse than Adventure and Tamers, but it was still good fun. Don't listen to the haters.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The best part of 02's ending was Daisuke getting a job that this lovely excuse of a character deserves.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I won't really miss these guys, but that seems like a really lazy way to write them out of the picture.

If 02 is canon, TK and Kari should have their upgraded digivices, while the rest of the 01 cast are stuck with their old models, right? I wonder if the show will acknowledge that.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Geostomp posted:

Their digimon were always presented as being (potentially) the most powerful of the main cast in Adventure while their DNA forms were relatively underwhelming (at best, they matched what their natural Ultimates could already do on their own), so them being excluded could might hint at them being forced them to finally reach their potential as Megas* in the future.

*Megas that don't just get smacked down to show off the movie's big bad like every other appearance of their Mega forms.

Seraphimon wasn't exactly awe-inspiring in Frontier either.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Soooo, does that mean anything for Tri? Takeru and Hikari still have their D3, right? And the others have the "normal" digivice? Will they summon Hackmon by connecting their digivices the same way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Digirap is bad, I feel sad for all the Americans that were robbed of the amazing original soundtrack, and instead were conditioned to like this crap. :(