Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I want to buy the new digimon pendulum... I know I'll never use it but I want it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The new Digimon designs recently have been killing it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

drrockso20 posted:

A lot of it is just racism, but stuff like that is definitely part of why many Spanish speaking fandoms are despised over on 4chan, apparently a lot of them do crazy poo poo like that and in general act like dicks on a regular basis

But again mostly racism

Spanish speaking anime fandoms are, first and foremost, anime fandoms

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

Would anyone even remember that show existed if not for that? It's not exactly got Hey, Arnold! levels of "still think about it fondly every so often."

I still don’t understand why people fondly remember Hey Arnold and I watched Hey Arnold

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I can’t help but feel that Survive was always going to be delayed again. There’s a pandemic, that has to slow down development

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Larryb posted:

I forget, are Funbeemon, Waspmon, and Cannonbeemon new or have they appeared in an anime/game before?

They appeared in Cyber Sleuth

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

Sorry for the double post, but this may be of interest if you're into the new card game. Namely, that it's coming.
https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1301825066406047745

Also someone made a computer version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yYgyiwi6mw

Hell yeah! Very excited

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://youtu.be/51LmUT7_VZ8

This channel has some good info on the new tcg

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I want to play the new tcg... but I have nor friends who I can get to play it with me when it comes out

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My friend and I made decks of the new card game and played on Tabletop Simulator and now I’m a bit worried that he won’t play with me again because I walked all over him

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So the new Digimon card game has a Leomon card, and...
he gives you resources when he dies

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

dark

where'd this image come from?

I took a screenshot of the card from digimoncard dot dev, it’s a deck builder site

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Frankly I’m disappointed that people didn’t vote for Shakamon, the Buddha Digimon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Some Numbers posted:

So there's Digimon lore that predates Digimon Adventure? I know the handheld pets were a bit earlier, but I didn't think it was that long.

The v-pets, the manga V-Tamer, the card game, and the first Digimon World game all predate the anime

Edit: oh, the short film at the beginning of the movie where Greymon fights Parrotmon predates the show too, I think

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 3, 2020

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

drrockso20 posted:

Part of me still wants to learn film editing so I can make an alternate version of the American movie that chops out Movie 3 and replaces it with the dubbed version of Movie 4

I’d watch it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m playing Cyber Sleuth on hard mode and I can’t believe it took be so long to realize how busted Jesmon can be. It has a move that makes it immune to damage until its next turn and counter any attack with a basic attack. This is in a game where bosses can get six moves for every one you get so you can just sit back and let that counter damage build up. Jesmon basically solo’d Great Challenge 7

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

dis astranagant posted:

Sounds like Digimon World 3 all over again.

Cyber Sleuth is s good game though

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Petiso posted:

I switched to Hard on my first playthrough because Normal was being just boring (and you get more money and item drops if you're on Hard so that's an extra), but it's true it's not balanced at all, specially bosses' ridiculous HP. The strategy almost always ends up being having a strong Digimon with a special attack that ignores defense and the others supporting it. Normal is okay to just run a team of your favorites without worrying about optimization though.

I just beat the Seven Deadly Digimon on hard and I didn’t really rely on the piercing attacks too often. Chaosmon or Omegamon hitting with physical moves often worked well enough.

I had to make sure I was using equipped items and using the right team set up (Hououmon was super helpful for instance because its ability flat out blocks instant death, which is a godsend verses Leviamon). Alphamon Ouryuken was surprisingly less useful than Chaosmon, because AO only has one equip slot versus Chaosmon’s three, so you can’t slap, say, three Flare Guard DXs and block 90% of the fire damage coming in like you could with Chaosmon.

The fights were fun imo because they became “can you set up properly so you don’t immediately wiped out by the first attack and then survive the battle of attrition afterwards”, because you were so outmatched if you didn’t make sure to set up properly

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Mummymon and Arukenimon cards were announced

quote:

Mummymon:
[When Attacking] By paying 3 Memory, play 1 "MaloMyotismon" from your Trash without paying its cost. Then, destroy this Digimon.
Arukenimon:
[When Attacking] By paying 3 Memory, play 1 "MaloMyotismon" from your hand without paying its cost. Then, destroy this Digimon.

I love it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Emong posted:

If anyone here is into the virtual pets, Bandai just listed the preorders for the second set of Pendulum Zs. Weirdly they're on P-Bandai US even though the first wave wasn't.

More importantly, though, the Metal Empire Pendulum has Gundramon.

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely preorder.

I’m so glad to see Gundramon. This is only his second official appearance, I think. The first was one of the phone games

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/habumon/status/1314256591017787392?s=21

Survive still exists, maybe

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

New episode summaries:

Ep19- Howl, Jyuoken
Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Sora Takenouchi, Koushiro Izumi, Mimi Tachikawa, and Jou Kido are blown back to the real Shibuya, Tokyo by Devimon. Taichi Yagami and Yamato Ishida are left stranded in the desert when they come upon a giant Valvemon. The Valvemon is transporting something, and the transportation force is led by Minotaurmon. Minotaurmon orders a storm of Troopmon to attack Taichi's group but Leomon, leader of the resistance, and his gang save them and rescue them from the desert. According to Leomon, his resistance was trying to steal the cargo that Valvemon was transporting. The cargo apparently has something to do with the holy Digimon...

Ep20- The Seventh Child's Awakening
Script: Masashi Sogo
Yamato's brother Takeru is in the Digital World, but he is kidnapped by Velgrmon. Taichi and Yamato pursue them desperately with their Digimon partners and finally save Takeru. But they only have a brief moment to celebrate. Velgrmon's vicious attack heads for Taichi and Yamato. Just when this situation with no escape closes in on them, a single bright light flies towards them.

Ep21- The Counter Update (Armed Evolution)
Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
A mysterious enemy, SkullKnightmon, suddenly appears and steals the digiegg of the holy Digimon. Taichi, Yamato, and Takeru chase after SkullKnightmon and reach a threatening-looking tower surrounded by a black swamp. In it was a large hole that the holy Digimon made in order to rush to Takeru. This place was where the holy Digimon were captured, in other words, their destination. A giant Digimon in the shape of a water tiger, Splashmon, appears out of the swamp and attack them.

Ep22- The Unyielding Blue Sagittarius
Script: Toshiaki Satou
Taichi and the others continue their chase after SkullKnightmon in order to get back the stolen digiegg of the holy Digimon. After defeating the guard, Splashmon, they enter the castle that's built on top of ElDoradimon who is soaking itself in the swamp's miasma. SkullKnightmon is trying to bring the holy Digimon into darkness and make it work for them, so he drops the digiegg into the well of the miasma. Devimon's shadow appears behind him. Meanwhile, back in the real world, Devimon's allies have taken control of giant tankers and are closing in to use them for an impending attack.

Ep23- Devimon, Messenger of Darkness
Script: Kenji Konuta

Some good Digimon showing up

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Omnicrom posted:

The Leomon in V-Tamer also survived. He also evolved all the way to Ultimate, so good for him.

There’s probably rights issues similar to UlforceVeedramon Future Mode but boy I would love to see Regulumon show up in something

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So the term for tapping (moving a card sideways) in the Digimon card game is suspending. And the term for untapping is unsuspending. It’s quite a choice

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

When has anyone ever actually said anything but "tap" when tapping a card?

Wizards patented Magic the Gathering, and tapping was part of what they outlined in the patent so most game designers used different terminology. I don’t think Wizards had the right to go after anybody for just “tap/untap” but nobody wanted to risk it, and that legacy has largely continued today

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

does anyone get anything out of my posting new profiles, or should I just stop doing it?

I like it! Keep it up

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

TheHan posted:

It figures Junkmon would turn into Liberimon but I more than anything wanted 3 more exponentially cuter beaver buddies.

A Beaver Biped Digimon would rule

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure why the DCG is so in love with Digimon World but I can't complain.
https://twitter.com/cepa261292/status/1319314408221401088

Before these two, a Gabumon card had his recruitment area shown:
https://twitter.com/cepa261292/status/1319275415467298818

And a MetalGreymon (Virus) has the area where you fight it:

I think part of it is Digimon World was the first Digimon game, it came out before Adventure even. There’s a lot of nostalgia there

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

Fully translated profiles:

You Must Be This Evil To Ride This Horse

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Appmon would be easy to slot into the main series, but I think there’s some hesitation due to what a complete flop Appmon’s merch sales was.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Larryb posted:

Have any of the Appmon even appeared in anything outside the anime series?

Well... there’s the Appmon video game

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Burkion posted:

This was something I was mildly worried about- if you go so far out of your way to separate something from the brand...that's going to make bringing it back kind of difficult isn't it?

That was the calculated risk. They wanted a show that wasn’t tied to Digimon’s baggage that could appeal to a younger fanbase. Unfortunately, that only alienated older fans and didn’t attract younger fans

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

And man, Rebellimon is finally the bridge we need between Ogremon and Titamon, isn’t he?

The bridge is Digitamamon :colbert:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Armor level is wonky and different series have different rules

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

They’re partly owned by the magazine that published V-Tamer in collected volumes, aren’t they?

Dominimon and Regulumon are both in copyright hell, yeah

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

NiseDrimogemon is one of my top 10 favorite Digimon ever. It's just a slightly hue-shifted Drimogemon with a snidely whiplash mustache. I love it dearly.

It’s official description says that if it was discovered first, the other Drimogemon would be the fake, which also makes me laugh

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The one time Seraphimon is a powerhouse is a fight against him, Ophanimon, and Cherubimon in the offline arena in Cyber Sleuth. That fights loving tough on hard

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Burkion posted:

God I just went through that with Armageddamon, Omnimon Zwart and Apocalymon

It was a straight up battle of attrition but once I got him down the other two couldn't keep up

Status End is a super useful move/status effect because it turns off the abilities that give passive regen. It still ends up being a big battle of attrition though

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I want to get the Imperialdramon, but this also looks super rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Caidin posted:

I'm giving the Cyber Sleuth complete edition a go! It's nice so far, but they should have put Mikemon in the game so I could run 3 kitties as my team. I'm in chapter 12 right now and I feel slightly disappointed with what I'm hearing though. I'm sorry, but the digital world is crumbling and the knights are here to raise hell about it because of... a glorified, cranky VR chat room?

Yes and no Eden’s a bit more than VR but the important thing is that it’s a bit closer to the digital world. When it crossed over with the digital world for the first time something went wrong and spawned the eaters. A number of digimon blame the humans for that