Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

readingatwork posted:

No it was still pretty bad. Xross Wars S1 was a train wreck too but at least it was entertaining about it. Hunters was just... dull and kind of annoying.

i had high hopes for hunters when the first episode made it look like taiki was taking a back seat and gumdramon acted like manipulative little poo poo

and then i spent 20 episodes waiting for anything to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
well its info is also pretty lacking in some departments

basically go to the wikia (except don't) if you want to know about anime/game/whatever story info and go to wikimon if you're more interested in seeing all the possible evolution lines, official images, and translated digimon encyclopedia entries

i don't even know what criteria the wikia editors use to decide what goes under 'next forms' because the game appearances on the same page will list more than what's shown in the infobox

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

The damnedest thing is absolutely no one mentioning the 02 cast. There's no mention at all. It's strange and a bit awful. It's clear that there are other digidestined in the world (I dunno what the literal translation of whatever they used was) given Takeru on the website, but no mention o the others. Poof!

at least they do show up on the agency's computer... with unknown coordinates. this, the opening sequence, and kari's and tk's d-3s imply they'll address it at some point. maybe. it's definitely weird that they wouldn't vocally talk about the poo poo that happened a few years ago in-universe

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
Agumon/Greymon undoubtedly have the most.

This chart's even missing a bunch!

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
Digimon World was an interesting game with a number of unique mechanics that remained unique because they were godawful.

Always really dug the v-pet angle, though. It'd be pretty cool if that could somehow be polished and fit into a proper game without being completely frustrating. But I loving love random bullshit. And chugging sewage

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

Emong posted:

I really love the original Digimon World (I've beaten it with my first Digimon before), but it is definitely not for everyone. It's also not very fun if you don't know it inside and out.

For me, all the arbitrary event triggers and obfuscated mechanics really lent it a sense of mystique and discovery at the expense of being kind of terrible to play. Could've given the player actual control over their digimon during combat without losing a goddamn thing, though.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
i have to wonder what the story is behind precisely this one feature of cyber sleuth being so aggressively incomprehensible

there's no way QA could have missed what looks like a boatload of unaltered machine translation output in a menu you're prompted to visit semi-regularly

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
y'all that fight was fuckin dope

i hope they can keep up the quality because drat agumon fighting while in the middle of evolving was the absolute sickest

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
this reboot isn't loving around huh

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
getting it out of the way early might actually be a boon. instead of building up to something we already 100% knew they were going to use at some point, they can chuck it out now and leave open the potential for something actually new to show up near the finale

maybe

i hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
new interview with one of the ghost game directors that touches on some aspects of the setting and hiro as a character