Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The most fabulous Lucemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That Imperialdramon X certainly is...something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That Terriermon and Monzaemon are awesome and that Hououmon should be Hououmon's default look.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's gonna be hosed up when the dub for this isn't as perfectly irreverent as the original was.

Also like half the cast doesn't do non-union stuff anymore so.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If there's no plethora of secondary Digimon who are celebrity impersonations, then what is the point?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Make Kari part of the initial cast you cowards.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cyber Sleuth grinding is oddly relaxing because the exp just flows out from trash mobs, got drat near 3/4 the DigiDex before fighting Crusadermon (and that fight sucks.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dawn and Dusk would be amazing games if they had a goddamn map.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Go into Yolei and Ken's marriage because holy poo poo I want to see that trainwreck.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, the original gang would still be revered across the planet because they flat out have the most powerful Digimon around.

I imagine War Greymon in a tux helps Tai's diplomatic missions go smoothly

Space Gabumon.

Gatomon as the world's greatest classroom pet.

Armadillomon, attorney at law.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MorningMoon posted:

loving steal the plot to boruto. Tai's kid feels lonely since his dad is a burocrat with no free time, then someone uses the kid's insecurities to try and get some shady poo poo legalized for profit. Eventuslly Tai and Wargreymon flex on some fools.

Include a visit to reborn Myotismon, who is now the Coolest Guy and helps out while still doing Myotismon thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bring in EmperorGreymon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure the dub only identifies Diaboromon, leaving Keramon and Infermon nameless.

I didn't know that Chrysalimon existed until I played Cyber Sleuth.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

And today I was reminded that Piedmon's dub voice was an impression of Tim Curry as Pennywise.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Agumon, warp Digivolve to.....D.Gray-man!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is the villain loving Yggdrasil again?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grayman with his head tilted down (hiding his lower face) almost passes for an Agunimon X.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Honestly, just bringing in EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon would probably have been a better idea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The gap between Moltres and Birdramon is basically nonexistent and holy gently caress that Angemon/Mr. Mime.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure that's just Joe's original design and Matt now looks like Gary Oak.

I'm fond of TK's new hat. They should sell it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lezard_valeth posted:

TK is weirding me the hell out, idk if it's the head proportion compared to the body or what

It's the hat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The ancient battle was the one from Frontier's backstory, Lucemon's going to take Myotismon and Apocloymon's place.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Patamon is just Angemon 99% of the time, this includes riding on TK's head.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I found the Cyber Sleuth Mega grind to be fairly relaxing, just threw on some music and murdered a bunch of Seadramon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I appreciate the second half of 02 for being shameless about ripping off Jessie and James.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Geostomp posted:

Your boss being woman who forsook the tyranny of bras and buttoning shirts who rambles on at every opportunity while still being an effective detective was great. There was literally no subject she couldn’t find some way to turn into an opportunity for more long winded nonsense.

It's what I imagine working for Kojima is like.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The medals are also hosed up, in a way that makes me think that a few of them got cut and the order was never updated.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also worth pointing out is that the medals show some really bad localizations as well, getting several names wrong such as Lucemon Rival (Lucemon Larva) and MedicalGallantmon (MedievalDukemon)

MedicalGallantmon should totally be a thing tho.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheHan posted:

The one quest that’ll be burned into my memory for years is the black market group that’s scraping girl’s measurements to make realdolls for nerds. It’s already invasive and unnerving but the hackers are also tricking said nerds into abandoning their physical bodies so they can sell them! And once all that’s figured out we just move on!

It's still really odd that we never go back to that.

Is that dude trapped in the internet for all eternity now?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

So does every Digimon season have its own manga version? And if so, are the others any good?

The Adventure and 02 manga versions are very...abridged (in Adventure all the Dark Masters go out in the span of one volume, 02 is just two volumes long.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*in extremely Steve Blum-as-Guilmon voice* Hey it's me, Goku!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

Some would say it'd be more fitting than early Goku dubs

I would say this

I would easily, easily, take Steve Blum's Guilmon voice as Goku instead of Schemmel.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

I think at some point Steve Blum HAS been Goku

I think for that GT game way way back.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Omnicrom posted:

I get the sense that someone is really really pulling for her to be the next Ryo Akiyama, but god knows that probably isn't happening.

I mean "nobody really likes them" also describes Ryo so.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Return of 2002.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm imagining everyone's Digivice being shaped to fit into their crests and Joe brandishing a cross to evolve Gomamon is a pretty good mental image.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raremon was already basically Hedorah.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I could never give a poo poo about Henry but Tamers is good yeah.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

Look, usually when people say "Tri is bad" they generally mean after 3

Mimi is God and deserves all support

Mimi is easily the best Digimon character overall.

She's the only one who came out of 02 even stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Duskmon plot is arguably Ken done more competently and Koichi is easily the most interesting of the Frontier cast, he just doesn't get to do poo poo after his face-turn.

The non-Cherubimon villains all kinda suck, too, though Mercurymon is unintentionally hilarious and Lucemon was fine when he was in Falldown Mode.