Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Metalgreymon X looks loving rad I want a model kit of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Some Numbers posted:

Same person who made Our War Game and Summer Wars (which are basically the same movie)

Didn't he recently make a movie that was basically a third version of this.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Omnicrom posted:

Yes. They go there for about 15 episodes.

It mostly seems to be just red rocks and deserts.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

02 is similar to just about ever Digimon season in that the Big Bad Evil Guy changes on a semi-regular basis, but in 02 specifically they do this in such uneven and half-assed ways that the show feels very unfocused.

Like once Ken stops being the Emperor things just jerk along - Arukenimon and Mummymon are fun but gently caress if I can't remember what exactly they were up to with the spires, BlackWarGreymon's writing shifted between "tragic monster" or "power-hungry beast" from episode to episode, Oikawa has a creepy atmosphere but that's basically it, and of course Myotismon deciding to drop in last minute.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Remember when Kari got kidnapped by Dagonmon cultists? That was fuckin' weird.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You can only reach the Perfect stage by absorbing Android 18.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WarGeckomon
MetalGeckomon
UlforceGeckomon

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mercuremon is a complete idiot but he has an A+ design.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Baalmon X looks like someone Lucemon calls to fill in for an empty Demon Lords slot in case Beelzebumon calls out that day because he's a good guy in this continuity.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

How many Gatomon variants are there, I feel like as a cat she should have like 20 distinct palette swaps.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apocalymon should come with a special attack card, Hot And Cold Running Water.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They should've made MedievalChaosGallantmon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nodosaur posted:

Edit - Anyway get ready for the English version of this card to call him “MedicalGallantmon”
This should be a genuine Gallantmon variant, theme it after the Knights of Malta.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mods change my name to Fake Agumon Expert.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The official manga adaption of 02 is two volumes long, which is hilarious.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Davis determined that running a noodle cart was more honorable than being a soccer player, and by god the boy was right.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno Giovanna, punching Diavolo to hell: YOU'VE. GOT. MAIL.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Golux posted:

no that was "Laylamon" ::p

Got me on my knees

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fumamon
He flies like a moron

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blaze Dragon posted:

I really need the proper Bandai or Toei art for that thing because that's a complex design I can't fully make sense out of.

I'm kind of interpreting it as like if Imperialdramon Fighter Mode was attached at the waist to regular Imperialdramon's back.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Bee posted:

It feels like a downside of the same few Royal Kngihts being hugely important in so many forms of media.

Also every single plot involving the Knights being the exact same thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pyroi posted:

Luxmon is angellic Impmon.
He sounds like Macaulay Culkin, got it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DetectiveAgumon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

I think a lot of people didn't notice that this is actually getting an English release, usually "Novel adaptation of a Japanese property" ends up equaling "this will never leave Japan"

We'll miss the experience of someone half-translating a summary and that being the sum total of what the non-Japan fanbase knows about it for 15 years.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nodosaur posted:

consider: a slightly different shade of white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Some neat art for the show replacing Ghost Game. I wonder what purpose the Vital Bracelet will serve in the show proper or if it'll get it's own BEMs? I might actually watch it, to be honest.

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1637896647073234944

These are some intensely late 90s anime designs.