Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Covok posted:

Literally!

That was the worst idea in the entire season.

Not only that, in one fight they had the depowered side characters provide support with, get this, a catapult. :psyduck: Unless they were chucking nukes or something, they would have been better off on the side lines providing commentary on the fight.

I only saw that fight in the previous episode recap but of course they had their poo poo kicked in at the start of the episode.

Thanks to UPN's inconsistent scheduling and release of new episodes, I ended up missing much of season between the defeat of evil bunny god and shortly before the reveal of the end boss. Of course with that ending, I couldn't be bothered to wait for those episodes to be re-aired. Thanks to :filez: I could but again why bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Anyway, I wasn't even aware there were Digimon seasons past 3

I don't blame you since season 3 ended not too long before Fox Kids became Fox Box which exclusively only showed stuff from 4Kids. :argh: Naturally, that meant Digimon got the boot entirely with no new seasons or reruns. :(

This was before I took full appreciation of the internet so I didn't get my Digimon fix until by chance I caught the first episode of Frontier on UPN while channel surfing. I was ecstatic at first but the season ended (after some erratic scheduling) in complete and utter disappointment. UPN went bust some time later and the airing rights went to the Disney Channel or one of Disney's premium channels so I never followed up on any newer seasons.

After becoming acquainted with fansubs, I did try to watch Xross Wars through fansubs as it was airing but it was so weird as a Digimon show that I wasn't that interested in watching it and ended up falling behind. I do want to finish Xross Wars and watch Data Squad, though. Now thanks to Crunchyroll and Netflix streaming, I can go back and watch the previous seasons at my leisure.

And that's my experience with trying to watch Digimon after Tamers. :shobon:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

ConanThe3rd posted:

So we're clear I am to take it that the airdate is going to be announced at that date, effectively half way through the season they announced previously would be when it would air.

:suicide:

Was Tri ever officially confirmed to begin airing in the spring?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

let's increase your Bear output to maximum

Bearmon-> Gryzmon-> Astamon-> Callismon

Wait, so is Astamon a bear wearing a pimp suit wielding a Tommy gun? Well that's just silly awesome. :allears: