Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
02 is bullshit because Sora ended up with Matt and devastated kid me.

Savers is the poo poo because he punches giant digimon to digivolve his partner and everyone is always like "Holy shitsnacks that kid just punched a giant dragon in the face and it flinched."

Edit: Super disappointed that Savers Agumon didn't become BanchoGreymon because how awesome would that be

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I want to know why the power curve was completely unfair to secondary characters for four seasons before they finally went "Huh maybe someone besides the kid in goggles and his broody rival should get the strongest/unique digivolution or mode change."

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Probably because no one looks at it and goes "oh yeah that could totally take on all these giant armored dinosaurs and jet wolves"

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Nahxela posted:

The weird thing about MagnaAngemon to me is how his attack sent Piedmon and his Vilemon lackeys to another dimension, but when he used it on Black Wargreymon, it was like a vaccum cleaner instead of a gateway to another dimension. Maybe there's something I'm forgetting.

It was still a vacuum cleaner the first time around, it just actually worked a lot better.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Covok posted:

Apparently, one of those games that never left was a PSP RPG of the entire first season of Digimon that included everyone's warp evolutions.

I think I'm going to cry because this is never coming to the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3AoqinpX4

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Some Numbers posted:

though I would prefer if goggles and broody wolf rival didn't steal the spotlight again.

Just kidding its actually gonna end with Matt and Sora DNA digivolving and Tai's heart visibly breaking on screen.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 9, 2015

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

KoB posted:

Domon summons his gundam and it bursts out of the Statue of Liberty.

The old statue of liberty in regular America. Not the atomic superweapon of Neo-America.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

I mean that's cool and all but i would have appreciated it way more if the Burst Modes were available when the game had come out. I already beat it a while ago and completely steamrolled every final boss and optional encounter so I don't really have any motivation to go back to it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Craptacular! posted:

I haven't played that game yet, but don't we normally agree that Digimon games are usually bad?

Cyber Sleuth was really good.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Given the context, I'm guessing Agumon and Gabumon are going to Biomerge Digivolve.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Imagine if they made a show like the games where the protagonists are constantly evolving and devolving multiple digimon to get several Mega level partners to faceroll every enemy they encounter.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I'd like them to get away from more knights and angel and demon Megas and bring back more giant dinosaurs and bugs and dragons. More Super Mega DNA fusions would be cool too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Personally I can't wait for SkullGreymon to show up cause no one in Tai's family can get upset about something without accidentally unleashing unholy evil on everything around them.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Speaking of Digimon games, I tried ReArise the other day and had to uninstall it yesterday. It's pretty disgustingly p2w, which wasn't a surprise really. But I was completely blown away by the fact that you get stuck with tons of Digimon that can't even evolve to Mega. Made worse by the fact that certain Digimon have different evolutionary paths so they don't even count as the same Digimon as others you may have, which makes them even more useless because you can't actually use them to upgrade your good ones. I got five acts deep, couldn't level up half my Digimon anymore because I'd have to grind a bunch of training items just for the privilege of 20 more levels and then a bunch more items you have to grind practically one at a time just to digivolve one time. And one of those items is cash shop, or get really lucky in a fight your level 20-40 team can't possibly win.

So yeah stick to Cyber Sleuth for good Digimon gaming for now.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
There's also not a ton of mindless grinding for digivolutions in Cyber Sleuth and even the most involved mega level DNA digivolutions can usually be done pretty easily with a little effort and some PlatinumSukamon.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rudoku posted:

They mean Platinum Numemon, the exp and bling king of Digimon. It just being in a fight gives you a huge exp boost. It also hold 3 items, that can be the item that replicates its ability(I think it'scalled Tactical USB). And they all stack, so get 2 more Numemon and 6 more USB sticks.

Yep you're right. I forgot Numemon had a bigger XP boost than Sukamon does.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

TheHan posted:

I’ve always been more of a Gururumon man, myself.

The big ugly bug mons are where it's at.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

nine-gear crow posted:

It'd be on brand for Toei to just remind everyone that Tamers existed, and then sweep it back under the rug again and try to forget about it.

Hopefully, cause Tamers fuckin blows.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Larryb posted:

You might be the first person in this thread to say that, what didn’t you like about it out of curiosity?

Granted, I've only ever watched the subbed version but I can't imagine it's essentially any different. But even as a kid watching it week to week it routinely just annoyed the hell out of me. It felt like and endless stream of pissing and moaning from any character on screen. The card gimmick was immediately tired. I don't like a mascot character suddenly being important for digivolutions. Good god literally anything related to Impmon/Beelzemon or Jeri made me wish they both got deleted and the show moved the hell on. You imagine a scene like Beelzemon using Fist of The Beast King to be this dramatic character turn and it's so hamfistedly animated it loses any emotional impact.

Additionally, all the protagonist digimon are boring. They do nothing but eventually get to their final evolutions with nothing to spice it up in between. 02 spiced it up with armor digivolutions and DNA digivolutions and then Tamers just does nothing but go back to a straight line of evolutions. You follow that with Frontier which bucks the whole partner digimon concept and instead lets the kids become digimon and combine their powers and Tamers looks even more dull by comparison.

Oh and then you have Savers which is still the best season ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Why are the champion digivolution items such rear end to get? I'm in part 7 right now and it feels like I'm tripping over ultimate evolution items.