Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hang on, hang on. Attila has a 1:1 chance of hitting Earth in Borneo, but a 99% chance of hitting Earth according to NASA?

Edit: Oh man, I remember my big brother telling me when the shuttle flips away from Atilla that it wasn't rotating in the 'wrong' direction (because up until this point, I had only played/seen flight simulators) because there is no 'up' or 'down' in space. Blew my little 4/5-year-old mind.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

It's striking how the... well, pre-rendered isn't the correct term, obviously... but how the cutscenes just don't look as good graphically as the actual game itself, even though they are more detailed. I wonder when cutscenes in games generally became superior graphically over the gameplay?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Is it ever explained in the book how there's a suspicion of alien interference with Atilla? Or is it just because it appears to be slowing down?

Edit: I like that Boston is a fan of Forbidden Planet.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 14, 2015

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

All together now!

"The leg bone's connected to the - hip bone/
The hip bone's connected to the - spine bone..."

God I hated that turtle puzzle.

Edit: En-lightened.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 22, 2015

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Maybe they use that phrase for speak becasue they were huge fand of Kung Pow.

sorry.

But in all seriousness - wasn't the source material of this considered for a movie instead of a game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Jeez, I feel so blindsided by the death of Maggie, it was just so unexpected. I feel like it wasn't telegraphed in any way whatsoever.

• Locked thread