Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

mateo360 posted:

Ah The Dig. One of my favorite LucasArts games of all time. So much so that I ended up finding a copy of the book written based on it.

Oh, hey, me too. I have no idea where my copy is now, but I remember being unimpressed with how it elaborated on what happens in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Samovar posted:

All together now!

"The leg bone's connected to the - hip bone/
The hip bone's connected to the - spine bone..."

God I hated that turtle puzzle.

Edit: En-lightened.

The turtle was one of those puzzles that made me step away from the game for a while.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

At least there's no combining items in this game, so instead of mashing items together hoping they fit there's, just figuring out what step you're missing in whatever puzzle.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Neruz posted:

Using the crystal in the hole though, yeah that is just a 'rub all the alien things on the hole to see if one of them does anything' puzzle.

I know that's how I solved it. The rod at least made some degree of sense.

And come on Boston, face to face with a live alien at last, and the first thing you do is comment on how tall he is? :rolleyes:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I wonder if Brink would've been more helpful if he hadn't died and developed a life crystal addiction.

Though it could just be that coming back from the dead heightened his latent stereotypical German rear end in a top hat characteristics.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Non-EuclideanCat posted:

He mentioned that his people are basically unable to build or do anything there. Imagine being immortal and having infinite knowledge, but being completely, incurably paralyzed across your entire body. A single lifetime of creation is preferable to an eternity of motionlessness.

They're basically ghosts in limbo at this point. The Creator just managed to skip the suicide step that transcendence cults usually require, though their bodies ended up breaking down over time, anyway.

Thinking of it being akin to Heavens Gate is kinda freaky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

grimlock_master posted:

I always felt that the whole activation sequence looked like how lesbians first have sex.

I did fall off the bed trying a new thing once, so you're not wrong.

Anyway, the cutscene with Brink always struck me as being a bit off. Maggie is totally engrossed with her Palm so I guess they planned for the circumstances to be different? That or she got tired of the arguing and was playing the lunar lander game.

• Locked thread