Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afterhours
Jul 1, 2007
You might want to ask the DJ/Band what their idea of professional behavior is at a wedding party.

I know it sounds like an odd question, but I was in a wedding this summer and the DJ made things awkward. First, they got THE NINJA who works for the largest radio station in our small town, so I guess he's considered a celebrity. He kept leaving his station to dance and guzzle up booze with the guests. He said something raunchy to the bride's grandma and hit on a bunch of the girls. The best man and I had to confront him and he got really obstinate about how this was how he does a wedding and to not "invite" him if they didn't want to party with THE NINJA. Then he tried to get back at us by playing weird music for a few tracks. We confronted him again, he threatened to leave, then sullenly played the music he agreed to for the rest of the party.

Oh, and we had to confront him about taking requests. He made the a 7 year old cry when he told her that "THE NINJA does not play the Chicken Dance."

Don't get a "celebrity DJ."

And make sure you ask how they handle song requests. And what sort of music they have in their collection. And what music you definitely don't want to hear at your wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread