Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
When I was in high school I was in a wedding quartet. Despite the fact that we were high school seniors, we were quite excellent (award-winning, in fact!) The grandma of the first violinist was basically our agent - she was a social butterfly and very active at her church so she was always landing us gigs. Typically we would perform during the reception/dinner. We charged $25/hr per person ($100 per hour) which was a total steal for the client. We would just play pleasant, inoffensive things. I don't think anyone ever told us to play anything in particular!

If you badly want a string quartet, hit up the local university, the local high school, and contact churches in your area. You can potentially get a very competent quartet that is so young and fresh-faced they don't know the real value of their labor. Classical music on the cheap. Just make sure to vet them first by getting a recording or listening to them play in person, because they could also be a total dud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread