Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Its only 6 bucks. I've done nothing but gently caress around learning the controls and its already GOTY. I miss Hayter's Snake voice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

Its only 6 bucks. I've done nothing but gently caress around learning the controls and its already GOTY. I miss Hayter's Snake voice though.

Hey dude, the game's out on PC. Get right.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
it was alright but I don't get why people are so jazzed over it other than being MGS fanboys. Thought the new splinter cell was a more fun stealth game.

Phantom Pain will probably be cool but gz wasn't worth it imo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

it was alright but I don't get why people are so jazzed over it other than being MGS fanboys. Thought the new splinter cell was a more fun stealth game.

Phantom Pain will probably be cool but gz wasn't worth it imo.

Your seriously insane. Come on. Really? Are you serious right now. Come on. Give me a drat break. Is this whole forum gone mad. Christ.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
splinder cell,.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ground Zeroes was the demo disc for MGS5 but it had to be sold as it's own game since Zone of the Enders is a dead franchise.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Hey dude, the game's out on PC. Get right.

I checked the prices and it's 10 bucks more on PC, no thanks.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Thank you for punishing the anti-gamer, zen death robot. I was about to eviscerate him with a scathing reply but nothing more needs be said.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I really want to buy this game, but I heard the campaign can be finished in something like half an hour :eyepop:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Frank Horrigan posted:

I really want to buy this game, but I heard the campaign can be finished in something like half an hour :eyepop:

so therefore it's a good deal because it doesn't overstay its welcome and make you sit through dumb bullshit

$6 for a half hour of sex with a prostitute is a good deal, $6 for a half hour of a new mgs game is even better

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Will I be able to enjoy it even if I haven't played any Kojima games since the original MGS was released?

That game was cool, I got to shoot missiles at a giant robot. I think, that was like 20 years ago now so who knows.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

frank whore again

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Frank Horrigan posted:

It took me about an hour and a half my first try and there's a bunch of other missions and it's really open-ended so you can replay it a ton.
for 6 bucks it's a steal.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Frank Horrigan posted:

Will I be able to enjoy it even if I haven't played any Kojima games since the original MGS was released?

That game was cool, I got to shoot missiles at a giant robot. I think, that was like 20 years ago now so who knows.

The game takes place before most of the MGS games and there's a recap peace walker for me option on the main menu.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nanomashoes posted:

Epic same. Super fun. Still learning controls. Don't like new voice. M+KB is a little janky.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This game is so loving good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gay skull posted:

so therefore it's a good deal because it doesn't overstay its welcome and make you sit through dumb bullshit

$6 for a half hour of sex with a prostitute is a good deal, $6 for a half hour of a new mgs game is even better

?????

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
$6 for a half hour of sex with a prostitute is a good deal

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

$6 for a half hour of sex with a prostitute is a good deal

That's a hell of a deal.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The stinky meth'd out maoris that stand near the corner store of a night time would probably charge more than that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

let's start a website for finding cheap rear end prozzies and post about them with the cool yob lads

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hell 6 dollars wouldn't even normally net you a tug job or a finger blasting, so 6 dollars for full on penis into the vagina sexual intercourse is a hella good deal

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

hell 6 dollars wouldn't even normally net you a tug job or a finger blasting, so 6 dollars for full on penis into the vagina sexual intercourse is a hella good deal

Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One time a filipino street walker said she would suck my dick for 6k yen and my friend said it was a really good deal.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

I like Keifer's voice more than Hayters and a $6 hooker sounds extremley nasty

Keifer's not bad but Hayter is just so dang iconic that my brain is having trouble matching the new voice to "Snake."

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

One time a filipino street walker said she would suck my dick for 6k yen and my friend said it was a really good deal.

Well?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

zen death robot posted:

I like Keifer's voice more than Hayters and a $6 hooker sounds extremley nasty

Keifer does a good job aside from his first line which sounds terrible.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
the 6 dolalr hooker is my bae

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
*glomps the sex worker8

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
the prices for having sex with this filipina who doesnt speak english are on fleek

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Just beat this masterpiece for the first time. When they removed the bomb I was like "lol that's not a vagina, IMP Zone has trolled me again" and then drat. The follow up. These credits and post credits go on for a decent while, with a sick burn on Obama.

GOTY: All the years

Edit; can somebody give me a paragraph tldr of peace walker? I played MGS 3 but don't know what the gently caress.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 30, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Edit; can somebody give me a paragraph tldr of peace walker? I played MGS 3 but don't know what the gently caress.

Snake is chilling on a rainy beach in central america and kaz shows up and says hey let's start a base and fill it with kidnapped cia soldiers from a nuclear metal gear facility being secretly built in costa rica to stave off kgb involvement in latin america that a suspicious man and a girl who will blow up in the next game just told us about. Snake meets and recruits lots of costa rican freedom fighters including plucky little chico, blah blah blah snake captures a bunch of nukes and saves the day.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Also they built hatsune miku and gave her the boss' brain

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Keifer does a good job aside from his first line which sounds terrible.

He sounds way better in the newer stuff, I'm sure he was still feeling it out when they did GZ

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

let's start a website for finding cheap rear end prozzies and post about them with the cool yob lads

Like Yelp reviews for prostitutes?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

Keifer's not bad but Hayter is just so dang iconic that my brain is having trouble matching the new voice to "Snake."

That's because he's not Snake, he's Big Boss

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

That's because he's not Snake, he's Big Boss

Naked Snake

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait for when David Hayter appears as Solid Snake in MGSV and he says "Kept you waiting huh" and I'm going to explode

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

splinder cell,.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

• Locked thread