Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Wormskull posted:

You should be put in prison for this sick exoticization.

Nabooru too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

thuly posted:

If iconoclasts ever gets released it's gonna kick rear end

Agreed, the demo is good but it'll never come out because Konjak keeps having cool ideas and doesn't understand feature completion

edit:

i really like his art style's use of muted tones although a good chunk of what he draws is weird fanservice

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 30, 2014

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Cool. Never played a Shantae game. I might pick it up sometime.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Looper posted:

I prefer Risky Boots

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Shantae = pixels

That pic of pamela andersons gross fake tits that you jerk off to = also pixels

Guy whos improving his brain by compensating foe the low resolution with his imagination = thatd be me.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I like to jack off to brown anime girlsd.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I like to jack off to brown anime girlsd.

cool me too

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I don't see what the big deal is, it's just cheap soda. Why should people go to prison because of your cola elitism?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Slur posted:

Cool. Never played a Shantae game. I might pick it up sometime.

i wish she had more inertia. shovel knight didn't have much inertia either. love inertia over here. also it's probalby too ez if you use the potion items so i will not and be a strong gamer

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

mysterious loyall X posted:

i wish she had more inertia. shovel knight didn't have much inertia either. love inertia over here. also it's probalby too ez if you use the potion items so i will not and be a strong gamer

Platformers can't seem to find a middle ground these days between being mind-numbingly easy or soul-crushingly difficult, can they? It's a sad state of things.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Slur posted:

Platformers can't seem to find a middle ground these days between being mind-numbingly easy or soul-crushingly difficult, can they? It's a sad state of things.

i thought shovel knight found that middle ground nicely

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

bake him away

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Slur posted:

i'm not very far and i guess the enemies get stronger and stuff and i died a few times due to stupiity.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i thought shovel knight found that middle ground nicely

the first loop was too easy and you could tank hits thru the bosses without having to learn their patterns except for like the boss rush. i'm an ancient gaming lich and playED alL the nes megaman games and beat them except megama one cuz that one is garbage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it was still really fun tho.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Seriously speaking tho, nobody gave a flying poo poo about Shantae until the Kickstarter, and they were already two games in. It's not actually a very good game series, but it's got hot ladies and it's indie, you see :awesome:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

gay skull posted:

Seriously speaking tho, nobody gave a flying poo poo about Shantae until the Kickstarter, and they were already two games in. It's not actually a very good game series, but it's got hot ladies and it's indie, you see :awesome:

i cared

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gay skull posted:

holy poo poo!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

gay skull posted:

this is extremely false, shantae gbc was a cult hit for a long time after release and the sequel was a big deal when it got the DSiware release

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wow why wasnt one of the rarest game boy color games and a dsi-ware game mentioned more often , i cant imagine. why are more people talking about these games now that they know and can play them, i dont know. must be because indie pixels nostalgia boobs!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the alien game a nd mighty switch force and some of the other crap wayforward has made is also goo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

the alien game a nd mighty switch force and some of the other crap wayforward has made is also goo

the kickstarter game is gonna have a costume so shantae dresses up like the switch force cop lady!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i hated mighty switch force at first b/c it felt so slow but then it kinda clicked and now i love it

elf help book posted:

the kickstarter game is gonna have a costume so shantae dresses up like the switch force cop lady!

!!

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Wayforward makes good games with hot babes to yank it to, but they're a little on the pricey side IMO. Eshop sales also tend to be really bad -_-

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

A cool drat horse posted:

Wayforward makes good games with hot babes to yank it to, but they're a little on the pricey side IMO. Eshop sales also tend to be really bad -_-

i pai full price for shobel knight and sshantae wii u because i make the deece 5 figgys at my hot start up job writing algorithms to generate headlines old people will click

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
CHECKPOINT

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

gay skull posted:

:byodood: :gonk:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i hated mighty switch force at first b/c it felt so slow but then it kinda clicked and now i love it

yea its cool and just kinda methodical to get a perfect run down

i dont like the levels that are big rooms you gotta memorize the the right launchers to use they kinda ruin it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jake Kaufman has definitely cemented himself as one of my favorites, right up there with Dave Wise, Grant Kirkhope, and Yoko Shimomura.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

elf help book posted:

wow why wasnt one of the rarest game boy color games and a dsi-ware game mentioned more often , i cant imagine. why are more people talking about these games now that they know and can play them, i dont know. must be because indie pixels nostalgia boobs!

well then ya got earthbound

-it didn't sell all that well either
-the internet collectively got a boner for it out of nowhere and it's still worth buttloads of💲for no reason; no Kickstarter, not indie, nothin'
-Earthbound is a great game and didn't need any promotion to become a major cult classic

Shantae:
-two games came out, one of which was on both DSi and iOS, and still didn't really sell very well, nobody cared
-third game comes out, has a widely advertised Kickstarter, suddenly Shantae is an indie classic
-nobody was talking about Shantae in the least, ever, until the third game's kickstarter

I just I don't know, I don't get it, these kids these days with their kickstarters and their steams

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gay skull posted:

-the internet collectively got a boner for it out of nowhere and it's still worth buttloads of💲for no reason; no Kickstarter, not indie, nothin'
-Earthbound is a great game and didn't need any promotion to become a major cult classic

Shantae:
-two games came out, one of which was on both DSi and iOS, and still didn't really sell very well, nobody cared
-third game comes out, has a widely advertised Kickstarter, suddenly Shantae is an indie classic
-nobody was talking about Shantae in the least, ever, until the third game's kickstarter

I just I don't know, I don't get it, these kids these days with their kickstarters and their steams

i'm not reading this kcarp

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i did not know about shantae at all until this kickstarter stuff happened so its sudden prominence took me by surprise as well. i don't care much about it but some people do and i guess okay whatevs???

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
switch force is epic

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

Shantae:

the ios version didnt come out until the middle of the kickstarter, it was part of their kickstarter promotion

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like shantae

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The Kickstarter was for the fourth game, btw

Shantae rules

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

gay skull posted:

Shantae:

:razz:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Shantae is a cute character. I like the pants, and I can relate to her when she turns into an elephant.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gay skull posted:

Shantae:

shantae on gbc didnt sell poor like earthbound did, it was hardly made, theres like 15000 copies of it total, youre a fuckin idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i dont know if theres room in this gaming world for 2

• Locked thread