Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you can, go to the Pinball and Arcade Game Expo in Tacoma in June, it's amazing. Several hundred pinball tables and arcade cabinets, all free after price of admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

i dont tell you a lot of things
my heart, she is broken

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

There's an arcade in the big mall near where I live. I remembered they had a bunch of really good games but when I checked it out about a month ago it was straight up nothing but cell phone games in arcade cabinets :wtf:

Like, legit copies of Flappy Bird right where the MvC2 machine used to be. Blew my mind.

How are you supposed to play those while you poo poo? I don't wanna wear Depends

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Only arcade I need is Steam :cheers:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

Only arcade I need is Steam :cheers:
This is untrue.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I went to one about a month ago and it had this game where you drive the batmobile, and this game where you fight terminators

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I wish Sega would port After Burner Climax to PC.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
There's a couple options here in Dallas, but I've only been to Dave and Buster's (which has a pretty decent selection, but doesn't really count, I guess). There's Kung Fu Saloon, a barcade with a lot of cool older stuff- think Punch Out, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Brothers- but according to Yelp and Google, the place has more of a club atmosphere and is notoriously racist. There's also Barcadia, which has a similar concept, and a few reviews mention that the drinks are pretty cheap, but apparently none of the fuckin' games work.

Hard out there for a gamer.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there's a bar in my town that has skee ball and tekken 3 but if you prefer tekken 3 over skeeball after a few drinks you have made a bad decision

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's one at my university in sort of. they have strikers iii, st, 3s, ultra 4, cvs 2, and i think mortal combat, and a couple dance games. bye. i tried to get the high score on strikers iii a lot bet there was this chinese kid who went ham on the game and got all the trick shot bonus on the boss and could medal chain thru most of the game. fuuuuu

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's certainly Chuck E Cheeses all over the place, but you need a kid to be let in, and half the games are stuff they made themselves strictly for tickets.

Here in Michigan out by the two biggest campuses there's a mini-chain called "Pinball Pete's". They're the old fashioned dingy basement arcades. Back when I was in college they worried me because all they had were import Japanese motion games, like DDR knockoffs and light gun games. But they've gotten better since. Like a year ago I took a date there on her idea, mostly because she wanted to play some Galaga. They had up a couple basic Street Fighter II machines with a sign next to them about how lovingly restored they were to original condition and what a challenge they were. I decided to give it a whirl because I wanted to impress my date, but the joke was on me--they were the "Rainbow" bootlegs with all the super ultra bizarre difficulty changes like Hadokens going in zig zags, and the computer knowing re-dizzy combos and stuff. All of this unlabeled of course.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
rainbow is the only way to play sf2 imo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Not since Pogs were a thing. I distinctly remember trading tickets for Pogs.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

There's apparently one like 30 minutes away from me, and they have an F Zero AX machine, but I've never been to one personally OP.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

A cool drat horse posted:

There's apparently one like 30 minutes away from me, and they have an F Zero AX machine, but I've never been to one personally OP.

There are like six of those in the USA total

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I went to a pizza place in Madison, WI about a year ago that has an arcade attached. They have a bunch of pinball setups and like, tempest, joust, pengo, and whathaveyou.

They have a nice webpage

http://rossispizzamonona.com/

quote:

I, the author of this website, have no idea what I'm doing, so please forgive any errors or unintentional omissions. I am but a humble pizza boy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you count pinball-only places about four months ago, otherwise a couple years unfortunately

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
Ground Kontrol is the best around and I usually wind up there at least once a month. Great bartenders and a good mix of games.

Big Al's is a local chain that's got a great domain name for their site http://www.ilovebigals.com. It's a bowling alley first, a sports bar second and an arcade third, though.

There's a local chain of nickel arcades called Wonderland that charges a few dollars for entry then 1-4 nickels for their selection of ticket games and a typical mix of arcade games.

They just opened a Dave & Busters in the Portland area and it's horrible. Expensive machines that hide their inflated cost by using 'credits', overpriced food, terrible beer selection, full of assholes.

Lots of options because this town and its citizens are in a perpetual state of arrested development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Metal Slug 3 is on sale on steam... buy the twopack and give one to a friend... happy gaming memories~

• Locked thread