Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*lurdiak hopefully checks this thread for replies, reads FactsAreUseless's post and hears the sad trombone noise at full volume*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Any good fart games around?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Threads about how much you hate yourself go in E/N.

Good job clearing Easy difficulty, but the true challenge awaits in Normal.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Good job clearing Easy difficulty, but the true challenge awaits in Normal.
Oh gently caress I hope I find out more about my backstory when I clear Arcade Mode on Hard!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

Play Wario.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh gently caress I hope I find out more about my backstory when I clear Arcade Mode on Hard!

I am you on New Game +

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I am you on New Game +
Lazy, bored, and you've been doing it too long. Sounds right.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Hmm, Wario does own...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

Hmm, Wario does own...
He has many ideas for different types of farts.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lazy, bored, and you've been doing it too long. Sounds right.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Lead Designer of Civ IV is working on an RTS called Offworld Trading Company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsayg87_Y2s

Cool part is that there's no combat or unit creation. I'm very curious to see how this plays out. It hits early access on Feb 12, but apparently the price tag is pretty high, around $35 or something. But at least the video has a shoutout to SA/Goon Squad

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
a long slow moaning wisp of a fart, with the timbre and treble of an angels whisper which begs the question, is it i who farted?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

a long slow moaning wisp of a fart, with the timbre and treble of an angels whisper which begs the question, is it i who farted?
In America, Timbre and Treble are called Punchman and Viola.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

Boogerman?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Oddworld

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

giogadi posted:

Lead Designer of Civ IV is working on an RTS called Offworld Trading Company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsayg87_Y2s

Cool part is that there's no combat or unit creation. I'm very curious to see how this plays out. It hits early access on Feb 12, but apparently the price tag is pretty high, around $35 or something. But at least the video has a shoutout to SA/Goon Squad

Interrupting fartchat to point out that this looks really great, he's been on Three Moves Ahead a couple times to talk about it and I've really been looking forward to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Great Joe posted:

Boogerman?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I posessed my own far t cloud once

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

worthless fact: this character is also in clayfighters

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i am very excited to play metroid prime on my wii u right now.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The Grim Fandango remake is pretty nice but man I don't remember how to do half of these puzzles.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I read the text under the title as "a gently caress and gently caress adventure" and thought I had finally found a video game that could speak to my life experiences.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

tbf it still does

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

Propaganda Hour posted:

The Grim Fandango remake is pretty nice but man I don't remember how to do half of these puzzles.

Link please!

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Grim Fandango Remastered

It's also available on GOG, if you don't want the DRM.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

FartsAreUseless posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Actually, this is not true. Without farting, we would all be dead.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Games are Fart.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

RhoA posted:

Grim Fandango Remastered

It's also available on GOG, if you don't want the DRM.

I still have my original signed box with my Manny doll. Remastered looking cool. :goonsay:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, this is not true. Without farting, we would all be dead.

the same could be said about video games.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Games are Fart.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

But do you prefer silent or deadly?

Actually, this is a good thread to ask this. I'm gonna be disappearing for a week on a cruise ship, in about 24 hours. I'm gonna be social and not a sperg for most of the days, but there's two or three days of cruising where there's not going to be a ton going on. I'll have my tablet with me, which is an i5 with a low-end Nvidia chipset running Windows. Does anyone have a suggestion for something DRM-free (I will have almost no internet) worth playing during bored times?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Actually, this is a good thread to ask this. I'm gonna be disappearing for a week on a cruise ship, in about 24 hours. I'm gonna be social and not a sperg for most of the days, but there's two or three days of cruising where there's not going to be a ton going on. I'll have my tablet with me, which is an i5 with a low-end Nvidia chipset running Windows. Does anyone have a suggestion for something DRM-free (I will have almost no internet) worth playing during bored times?

if you have auto login on and log in at least once on steam on that device itll let you go into offline mode if you try to connect with no connection. Try it now by cutting the wifi just to make sure
itll let you play any downloaded and installed games just fine

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

ullerrm posted:

This comes up every now and then in the recommend me a game thread, try "threadid:3196783 tablet" with the newfangled forums search.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ullerrm posted:

smdh if you don't wander the decks staring at the majestic majesty of the ocean

video games are an addiction, i know you can do this

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i would suggest lying in the warm sun, watching the sea, and getting totally shitfaced.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

whatever you do listen to the captain and his crew no matter what

you can trust them

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Hey man, a week-long cruise is gonna have some downtime in your room. Bringing a game or a book or something isn't the worst idea.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I started playing Quest for Glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

mysterious loyall Y posted:

I started playing Quest for Glory

• Locked thread