Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

Bifauxnen posted:

but- but he was like the only person besides bowmore we were feeling really sure about as town based on any kind of data! Why would you watch him of all people last night?!

I was going to try and go to bat for you, I was seriously thinking for a while with the way the powers were distributed that you probably had to be on our side after all. But I can't come up with any way to defend that. That is just crazy nuts. I mean honestly. :psyduck:

##vote Small Keating

I didn't see anything that guaranteed TBK as town? Anyway, it's not like anyone has been considerate enough to give me direct orders or even advice as to who we should watch overnight! I'm practically operating on my own here. ##vote bifauxnen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I'm sorry, Freudian, but you're the person at the top of my list. Mith is an idiot, SK is a town watcher who is an obvious decoy for us to waste a lynch on, Bif was cleared of the murder, Bow is definite town and I've not seen anything to incriminate Beet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ffs if this ends up as a no-lynch... :argh:

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
In the interest of consensus, Milky's theory is as good as anything else I've heard recently. ##unvote ##vote Freudian Slip

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't even

I'll be back closer to 9, I gotta just take a break for a while :psyduck:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote till we can hear from bowmore again or something, anything, I don't know, I'm hoping for a Ludlam Christmas miracle at this point

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Milky Moor posted:

I'm sorry, Freudian, but you're the person at the top of my list. Mith is an idiot, SK is a town watcher who is an obvious decoy for us to waste a lynch on, Bif was cleared of the murder, Bow is definite town and I've not seen anything to incriminate Beet.

Firstly SK isn't a watcher - otherwise we would know who killed TBK last night. He has claimed to be a tracker (from what I can tell) and so far has only given info on people who were already dead (apart from bif).

To me this seems to be really convenient fact. Why would he even follow TBK? As Bif said TBK was pretty much the only person apart from Bowmore who had been cleared. Not only that but TBK said that his power was one shot. You would know that he wasn't going anywhere.

This isn't small Keatings first game. He has made too many mistakes for me not to be suss

Also well played to whoever the scum was that voted for Anidav early

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I have just gone back through everyone's posts.

Milky - gunned hard for Anidav early three days in a row. If you are mafia well played sir!

Mith - voted and then unvoted for Anidav on one day after Bowmore voted for Tithin. On the day we lynched Anidav launched a big effort post defending Anidav - assumed to be town based on the fact that no scum would be that silly to make such a defence late in the day.

Bif - Was in scraps with Anidav - because Anidav was scum we assume bif is town.

Beet - Similar to Bif above - even though not targeted himself he was on the Anidav is scummy train early. Also very good at pulling out inconsistencies in people's posting

SK - has claimed a tracker role and has used it poorly. Tracked the only known town first night, claimed to have tracked TOML (after TOML was found eaten by a bear) and tracked someone who we had worked out was a one shot cop who wouldn't be going anywhere. Like Mith, SK biggest defence is the fact that a scum wouldn't claim to have played the role this badly.

I have to say well played to the mafia. At the moment we are ruling people out based on them voting for Anidav (which nearly all of us did) or by the fact that people are claiming to be incompetent.

Interestingly, the only person SK used to confirm his power was Bif. Now if SK is scum Bif is where I would look next.

I really have no idea though

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
:ghost: I think Town has to vote for someone or else they will lose. :ghost:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I really don't think Freudian Slip or Milky are scum (though with my instincts who the gently caress knows)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I am going to stick to my guns.

##vote Small Keating

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote small keating

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Sure, why not

## vote Small Keating

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote Freudian Slip

:shrug: Milky was right on anidav.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man, you guys all doubted me but don't worry

I got this

it's HAMMER TIME

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote Freudian Slip

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

On the eve of this solemn lynching of our poor friend Freudian Slip, I only have one thing to say... I love democracy. I love the Greens.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
YES

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp, Fraudian Slip, bowmore.

http://youtu.be/VDW0ZnZxjn4

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

The group is packed and checking out.
Its back to work tomorrow for Senator Ludlum and back to... whatever bludgy non-jobs the rest have.

Mithranderp, Fraudian slip and Small Keating get in the lift at Level 3. Mith is in a floral dress and has a suitcase with 4 wheels. FS wears a grey buttondown shirt and has a gym bag with band badges all over it. Small Keating has a collection of backpacks, one in each hand and one on his back and front. Its a lot of bags.

"Well that was hosed" says Mith.
"hosed is putting it lightly" replies FS.
Small Keating says nothing.

At level 2, Milky Moor and Beet get on the elevator.
Milky is in some acidwashed jeans and a Holden tshirt, he also carries a large duffel in blue. Beet is wearing a red tshirt and black summer sports jacket, he has a Green wheelie bag with a big YOUNG GREENS sticker on the back.
"GentleGreens." says Beet, shuffling in.
"M'lady" says Milky.
Mith slaps him, half heartedly.
Keating shuffles his feet and looks down.
"Whats that guilty look for?"
"nothing"

Level 1.
Bifauxnen gets in wearing a denim jacket, over black singlet, black skirt and tights. She carries a vinyl grey dive bag. She smiles, beaming even. Small keating avoids her gaze.
Fraudian Slip notices... "Wait..."

The doors close.
*ppaaarp*
Beet farts.
Small Keating giggles, Bifauxnen guffaws. Milky haws.
Mithranderps eyes go wide.

*ding*
Ground floor.

6 young greens tumble out of the elevator in a full of slapfight. no.. actual fight.
Mith is biting Beet, FS is kicking Keating, Bifaxunen punches someone.
they scuffle across the floor of the atrium. SK is walloping his bag on FS, and Sen Ludlum, with his black smooth suit on and large suitcase with suit bag draped over it turns to witness the fight.
"SCOTTY!" Mith screams. "THE SALTIES, THEYRE KEATING AND... URK" Bifauxnen grabs her face with four fingers in her mouth. Ludlum is hit by a flying shoe. A vase full of sticks is broken over Fraudian Slips head. Blood pisses out. Beet treds on his face. A duffel is kicked and the zipper breaks open spilling SA pamphlets everywhere. The hotel staff are horrified.

"Senator Scott Ludlum!"

Everyone turns to the commanding voice.

"I'm Sergent Mary Margret of the New South Wales Police. Earlier in the week did you host a party here at this hotel where members of the Young Greens consumed alcoholic beverages?"

"Yes. What is this about?"

"Sen Ludlum, I'm arresting you under Section 7 of the Liquor Act 2007, for supplying liquor to underage minors. I must ask you to accompany me to the station. "

"I... what the gently caress." Ludlum turns to the tangled mess of kids, FS bleeding onto the floor with concussion. "you shits said you were overage."

-------------------------

Senator Scott Ludlum is placed into a police car and Sgt Margret closes the door.
"Sergent. what about those kids, some of them committed murder, and various drug charges. We have numerous bodies in the morgue from that junket. Not to mention the bear. Arent we..." the constable getting in the passengers side quips.

Sgt Margret screws up her face. "Dead Young greens? Who gives a gently caress about them?" And gets in the car.

GAME OVER
SCUM WINS

Scumdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L69LyAj76q0P6tWpmEy_kf2HBKrPIbNyM-BqMgSTX7Y/edit?usp=sharing
GM Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fJqbRLuCES_IRXPaiKfgEwtG90AprTyDqoucoS66vUk/edit?usp=sharing
Deaddoc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eobNalowrkvZy319VninNYxJmpTHGj_sQLDHdYILR2w/edit

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 4, 2015

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Summary.

Day 1

In a flutter of indecision the town opts for no lynch on the idea that theyre statistically likely to hit a townie. No investigation is done, noones picking up the subtle tells and the whole day is white noise. Chiefly among them is Bifauxnen who excells at white noise. Mills makes a great case, Milky moor starts the long game eventuality of casting Anidav under the bus.
Anidav decides around 2pm that the next kill should be by beartrap.

TBK the one shot cop opts to not blow his action.
Fruity holds her action too.
Mills preloads Fruity in case he is lynched.
splode protects Bowmore the innocent (Starting a long trend) and says to the thread he will.
mithranderp protects splode, she has 50/50 success rate, I roll evens, she succeeds.
Small keating has a late appearance and doesnt read the OP or the thread and Tracks bowmore. Since its clear bowmore has no superpowers, predictably he does not do anything at night. SK's one shot tracking is only expended on a success, so he gets to track again tomorrow.
After night the Scum discuss in the scumdoc who they should kill and seemingly at random they decide Bifauxnen will kill Fruity.
Fruity dies and gets a "you dead" PM.

Day 2
Scum are pretty pleased they got a vigilante.
Continue white noise. Anidav demands next kill be by beartrap. I guess so.
The town rails on Anidav but due to NYE, the train doesnt get up to speed and the day expires before enough votes are cast to lynch.
Splodes claim of one shot powers is given validity due to Fruitys one shot vig reveal.
The plausibility of one-shot powers starts to claw its way into scumdoc plotting, whos one shot, whos not.
An elaborate ruse about one shot masons is invented for Anidav.
The whole scum team discuss hurling Anidav under the bus. Anidav digests the entire mafiascum wiki.
At night mithranderp uses her faith healer powers on bowmore, rolling odds she is unsucessful.
TBK is full suss on Mills and uses his cop powers to discover Mills is town. Which ultimately is pointless since Mills is killed by Beets beartrap the same night.
Small Keating tracks TOML, but since hes mostly afk and an inactive deputy, he gets another null result and can keep his track.

Mills is nightkilled.

Day 3
Everyone ignores the hate they had for anidav, and bizzarely come completely around to his side. The scum misinformation campaign is strong. Anidav is declared "Luckiest scum ever" in scumdoc.
TOML goes away and i ask if he wants to be made observer. The thread is starting to take up the Team Silent meme and i didnt want TOML to come back from his nice holiday dead because of irl inaction. he says yes and will be back tomorrow.
tithin is suspected and questions are asked of his integrity, tbk claims hes a 1shotcop and noone counter claims. Scumdoc is celebratory as they feel they have it in the bag. Town is dumb and scum will win easy at this point.
Around midday scumdoc decides the next kill should be by filling the aircon vents with farts and gassing whoever. Later in the day Beet volunteers to fart in splodes vents.
Tithin cannot defend himself and is cast off the roof, oops, townkill.
Mithranderp tried to protect bowmore again, oblivious to the fact the scum have no intention of killing a useless confirmed town who seems to be doing a great job of leading the town astray on his own.
Splode is killed at night by fartbag on head.

So far the town has made the wrong move at every point, and the powers used have been ineffective.

Day 4
Splodes one shot doc solidifies the idea of one shot powers and analysis is done.
TOML returns midday, SK posts up, but breifly.
hooman, TOML and SK are declared team silent.
most of the discussion today is made by scum. probably a full 70% of thread conversation since mills died till now has been scum noise. And even then, total thread chat is about 50% scumnoise.
TOML is activated as deputy which alerts him to the truth that TBK is a real cop, and town. In a lapse of good judgement, TOML says too much about him being certain of TBK and draws scum attention which was on SK.
Lots of suspicion on Anidav who flaps about like a dick in the wind, the scumdoc is unified in bussing Anidav, who also reasons it will make the scum look more town like.
Anidav stops reading scumdoc around midday. Votes needed is reached in mid afternoon, then solidified when TOML returns. SOAG posts and everyone agrees.
Anidav melts down.
Mith makes a last minute post saying she does not suspect Anidav. Bif: "<static>"
so many people think hes a stupid newbie but he has the votes and is lynched.
Beet makes a calculated last second question to discredit TBK.
I take a bit of time writing up the end of day and people are waiting with baited breath, I post and mithranderp swears at me in irc. Anidav is a stupid scum after all.
Milkys long play on Anidav pays off, hes seen as trusted.
Anidav, owned by tv.

Now things get interesting, up till now i felt the game was totally scum sided.

TOML investigates Bif with his active deputy powers and finds she is scum, like he suspected. He has it sussed out, shame he dies tonight and never can say what he knows.
Bif volunteers to kill TOML tonight with a bear, of all things.
SK tracks Bif and discovers her killing TOML with a bear(?), his tracking ability is expended but he is noisy and lets Bif know she was tracked.
Bif is PM'd.
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" "We may have a problem" Bif comments in scumdoc.
Scum suddenly realise they have not hands down won this and go into controlled panic completely oblivious that SK is a scum aligned traitor.
I cannot fathom what is going through SKs mind right now. He has incriminating evidence on one of the scum, but wins if they win. They know hes knows and will probably try to kill him.
Mithranderp protects bowmore again, succeeding this time. Still no scum intention to kill him.
TOML is eaten by bear.

Day 5.

Scumdoc is contingency central
bif shits bricks about SK. who does not post most of the day. In fact, Votecounter has more posts than SK.
Noone votes for 8 hours.
<Do doot doo I'm TOML, Suck my diiiiick im TOML. Is that TOML? Is that a loving bear?>
whole town is pretty certain tbk is cop and TOML defending him is pretty solid.
Scum decide SK has to die. But by lynch or nightkill. Scum are getting pretty worried about how they are going to win this. They want to control the vote, but noone wants to be the first to cast a vote on a townie.
Bowmore says he didnt vote yesterday because he felt pressure about people following him. Confirmed townie seems such a curse. If only he knew he'd been protected every night.
scum speculate they might be able to stall a lynch today, but that might lead to suspicion.
TBK says he trusts milky, so does Mith. Mith votes hooman.
Milky leaps on the chance to add weight to the bandwagon, TBK predictably follows with the caveat that hes probably wrong. Bif adds her vote.
So much hangs on SKs post and when he does (saying he watched Bif and nothing happened) its a ton of bricks. The scumdoc is utterly perplexed and terrified. SK votes for hooman.
Beet raises the possibility that SK is scum in scumdoc
FS queries SK's tracking, SK plays dumb, Hooman has the numbers.

Hooman is lynched.
TBK is nightkilled
Mith protects bowmore once again.

Day 6.

its pretty much over, SK votes for FS, the town comes wise to SK (sorta) but their 3 to the scum 4 makes it basically impossible. the only possible way the scum could lose is if SK and the town lynched a scum.

the day drags out and the scum sort their plan in the doc.

A few mins to game time the scum dogpile FS.
Game ends.
Scum win.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Favourite moment is hooman disappearing for 2 days, getting lynched and then declaring everyone bad townies for lynching him.

Congrats scum for win. Milky for scum MVP.

I told Kommando the other scum were Milky, beet, Bif and Hoo right after I died so I'll take the personal victory. :slick:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hats off to Kommando for awesome flavour text!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Also 5 scum in 14 people is a lot.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Also the flavour owned so great work Komm.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vindication.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm going to run another game with no roles to try and encourage conversation rather than reliance on data if anyone is feeling courageous enough to become a "real mafia player". This game stagnated because of inactivity but it was spurred on by people just waiting for data rather than trying to deduce anything at all themselves. I'm hoping Kommando will write the flavour though because that is not my thing at all. Stay tuned.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Explanation of roles:
The game was based on the C9++ standard game from mafiascum.net wiki
I just removed scum special roles.

The scum had no special roles, but had do decide democratically who they would kill and volunteer one of their number to do it.

Bowmore - vanilla townie, just revealed at game start. nothing special.
Mithranderp - Faith Healer - doctor with 50% chance of success
Thatbastardken - 1 shot cop, expenditure triggers deputy activation (or death). he was told of his sanity (sane)
Fruity Gordo - 1 shot vigilante, could kill at night once.
Mills - dude was gonna get lynched, so i let him be a bomb. but target of his choosing.
splode - 1 shot doctor. pretty simple.
TOML - Deputy, active on cop expenditure or death. not restricted.

Small Keating.

Scum aligned Traitor with expendable noisy tracking.
He was able to track one person per night and see who they visited. but once he successfully tracked someone, he was spent and the person he tracked was notified they were watched.
This was Bifauxnen when she killed TOML with the bear.

sent to bif posted:

Well after midnight you leave the hotel out a side gate and down to a poorly lit cul-de-sac where inexplicably a loving grizzly bear is tied up to a no standing sign, liberated from the Dubbo Zoo by your SA pals. You leads the bear back through the side gate, past the black plastic covering poor comrade Anidav and in through the rear entry near the sauna.
You then slowly leads it up the stairs, pausing to let the bear sniff and get quietly accustomed to the swanky hotel surroundings. The bears occasional grunts and moans echo in the stairwell, but noone else seems to be in the fire stairs.

You lead it to TOML's room, and reach into a pocket of your cargo skirt and pulls out a bunch of flat beige cards, hacked electronic skeleton keys for each floor. Flicking through them you slip one into the door and open it, leading the bear inside, then coming back out and quietly pulling it closed. The door clicks.

"What the blue balled gently caress?" Small Keating says standing in the hallway. "Was that a loving bear?!"

"gently caress" you curse and run.

TOML is bear chow, but Small Keating saw you.

sent to SK posted:

Earlier in the night you talked to Bif about songs and found some of your music tastes overlapped, you bluetoothed a track to her and she listened to it.
then Anidav took his flying aaaahhh.

Now, you are sitting in your room at midnight with a bluetooth finder app running watching Bifs phone move about her room. Then she leaves the room. You leave your room and like Ripley from Aliens you watch Bif leave the hotel.

You follow her out a side gate and down to a poorly lit cul-de-sac where inexplicably a loving grizzly bear is tied up to a no standing sign. She leads the bear back through the side gate, past the black plastic covering Anidav and in through the rear entry near the sauna.
She then slowly leads it up the stairs, pausing to let the bear sniff and get quietly accustomed to the swanky hotel surroundings. The bears occasional grunts and moans echo in the stairwell, but noone else seems to be in the fire stairs.

She leads it to TOML's room, and reaches into a pocket of her cargo skirt and pulls out a bunch of flat beige cards. flicking through them she slips one into the door and opens it, leading the bear inside, then coming back out and quietly pulling it closed. The door clicks.

"What the blue balled gently caress?" you say standing in the hallway. "Was that a loving bear?!"

"gently caress" Bifauxnen curses and runs.

stunned at what you just witnessed, you elect not to chase her.
----------

Success. Biufauxnen led a bear into TOMLs room.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mills posted:

Also 5 scum in 14 people is a lot.

15. Fruity seems to have gone missing from the OP list for some reason.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

I'm going to run another game with no roles to try and encourage conversation rather than reliance on data if anyone is feeling courageous enough to become a "real mafia player". This game stagnated because of inactivity but it was spurred on by people just waiting for data rather than trying to deduce anything at all themselves. I'm hoping Kommando will write the flavour though because that is not my thing at all. Stay tuned.

Yeah town were unlucky because of the absenteeism whereas we had fully active scum team. I was saying to anidav (first game,congrats) in scumdoc a normal game would have much much more chatter and more chances for people to gently caress up and be caught out. The main issue was NYE.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

quote:

Kommando wrote on Jan 2, 2015 14:33:

Bifauxnen posted:

Anidav posted:

You guys forgot Fruity.

Huh. So they did.

You probably remembered though cause you nightkilled her. :v:

:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Oh, man, Mith's consistency and commitment to protecting the only confirmed townie! :allears:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mills posted:

Be fair, I made a fair effort at calling out scum.

And I was right!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Vindication.

No no, the word you were looking for is defenestration.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

Oh, man, Mith's consistency and commitment to protecting the only confirmed townie! :allears:

I think we said like d2 we shouldn't bother killing bowmore because if anyone's a blocker, they'll keep blocking bowmore.

Then we said nah no one can still be a blocker, but we were always wary of killing him.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah you were good but I can't remember a single other active player. The 4 main scum were super active. Most of my conversations were with them. I remember thinking that I was going to have a tough time convincing Milky/Beet/Bif to vote with me if I wanted them all voted out. I deliberately didn't voice suspicions of Beet and Bif in thread, and I was very soft touch on Milky who I wanted to free pass til D3 for being a bro anyway.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

Be fair, I made a fair effort at calling out scum.

And I was right!

Yeah, I wasn't happy at first when Beet's gun-blazing crusade left a big tell, but then, without it we might have never got the bandwagon started on you in the first place.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mills posted:

Also the flavour owned so great work Komm.

quote:

Kommando wrote on Dec 31, 2014 23:13:
You sneak into Mills room from an adjacent balcony and rifle through his stuff; misc teenager clothes, one cheap off the rack suit, a copy of "A Path No Man Thought", a nexus 7, a business card for a coffee shop in Melbourne, a wad of keys bigger than a fist, a pair of red speedos and some green and gold board shorts, but nothing truly incriminating.

Mills seems to be a normal person, just really annoying.

Action successful. Mills is town aligned.

quote:

thatbastardken wrote on Dec 31, 2014 22:17:
going to burn my night action on mills because ffs he always comes across as scummy and I wanna know this time.

##Investigate Mills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm still surprised my case on anidav didn't get traction. Like it was basically air tight. Idk what was going through people's brains to go "yep anidav completely invented his reasons for a vote but that's not scummy because [?]"

• Locked thread