Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

why come out as a doctor d1 splode? that's totes suss bro.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

yes but scotty 2 hotty is just a normal dude. you're a doctor

also, i've never heard of a one-shot doctor

Splodes reason for coming clean kinda make sense, but only if he was under suspicion at the time or there were votes massing against him. This wasn't the case. He's literally come out of the blue going 'No i'm a doctor!' when no one was even talking about him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

This is my second game and I was scum last time.

Splode posted:

Oh please, Freudian made up new poo poo constantly. I had to clarify my role because it was new for me too.

I was gonna query the first post because I thought I remember your playing more than one game.

Then in the second post you talk like you've played heaps.

Also clarifying a one shot doctor shouldn't be that complicated. Unless maybe you're just....

Splode posted:

I am dumb.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Unless I'm confusing you with sweetroy because of your loving avatars.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

9 pm, Kommando's running on Brisbane time

Oh 10pm in the real states. Gotcha.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You have to unvote first.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

You don't have to but some mod's like it that way, check votefinder, it's all good

Really? I thought in all the old games we had to unvote first?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

Matthew Beet

who is scum and why?

Here's my suss thinking list.

Umm Splodes claim is odd but his reasoning makes sorta sense and Mills is right the role isn't unusual. If you've not played before you'd hang back and see what happened not come out and role claim on day 1. Not good reasons to lynch but I'm still suss.

Anidav is all over the place and was quick to vote. Also say's he's knew at it so see above.

TOML has been quiet, saying you're gonna be semi absent has been used in an auspol game before to lay low.ould also be legit as it's holiday period.

ummm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No real ideas, the only person who's tripped up day one is Splode but everyone seems okay with that? :shrug:

Past auspol games that would have sealed a lynching by now. we're not as bloody thirsty as laserface says we are.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

I'll be amused if beet lives the night, he typically gets rush lynched day 1.

that literally only happened one game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Yeah you got nightkilled the other ones, except the reverse death miller game where you were made invulnerable to everything except lynching :v:

That's right. I never made it past D3 I think. So Freudian made invulnerable. He was looking out for me <3

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

how many games have you guys played?

13 minutes until deadline btw

six or seven?

Though I got killed very early in nearly all of them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maybe he's not town? :shrug:

Or maybe:

Those On My Left posted:

##vote Mills

Shrug emoticon

Sussbergers.

Gets called scummy by bowmore and suss by me. Jumps straight on mills vote.

Those On My Left? Yeah, that's code for salties.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

10pm. Welp!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Why didn't my vote work

you didn't bold it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

omg thread still unlocked. ANARCHY.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good afternoon. I've been at the zoo with the kiddies.

Lol at FG being a vigilante, definitely typecast there.

Mills, you say no one wants to consider arguments (you just mean people listen to what you're saying really). I've read what you wrote about Splode this morning, I can see where your coming from sorta but I still don't agree a d1 role claim (when he wasn't under suspicion) can be waived away as 'ignorance'.

Actually considering both him and Small Keating have role claimed for no real reason or benefit to town you seem quite happy to forgive them for ignorance.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

Hi, had poo poo to do this morning, here's my 2c.

Scum didn't target me or bowmore because that would be silly, they knew I'd be using my once off power to protect bowmore so he was invincible and I'm now just vanilla town, so they can kill me at their leisure.

It really sucks our watcher screwed up like that, he at least could have helped prove I'm town, or better still, unwittingly catch someone visiting fruity. While all powers might be one shot, if we have a doctor he could protect this watcher. Or it's a lie and he's scum, but it seems a bit too dumb to be a lie, there are safer and more useful lies to tell if you're pretending to be a watcher.

I think mills is town, I suspect everyone else, particularly bif but not for any reason more than a hunch. I'll let someone else lead the bandwagon.

What do you mean your watcher stuffed up?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

^^

This, hambeet

Yeah I thought you meant that but wanted to clarify. Also it sounds like a tracker role (he followed bowmore) not a watcher role (see who visited bowmore) small technicality.

Splode posted:

Anidav does seem overly aggressive.

He's also new to the game but it's a strong vote early on.

I also disagree with Mills, I have no reason to suspect hooman just for being 'quiet'.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Matthew Beet posted:

He's also new to the game but it's a strong vote early on.

Whoops, to clarify that I mean it's a strong vote to make early on.

Maybe Tithin is a third way advocate?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

##vote Anidav
nye party tonight though so this thread won't have my undivided attention

Oh yeah. Standard deadline tonight Kom? I forgot it was NYE.

Anidav you've come out of the gate very strong on tithin and, well, he wasn't on my suss list to begin with. Why? Your reason was neutrality but as he has pointed out he had a few opinions yesterday.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tithin, as an aside, do you still have the same 3 suspects in mind as yesterday?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

I touched on it earlier today, but no.

I'm about 9/10 sure on mills being town based on conduct.

8/10 for Splode given semi corroboration of one shot flavour from Fruity's flip.

Milky I need to see more of to finalise my gut though.

8/10 just based on the one shot? No concern about a d1 role claim? I never cared about the one shot, that made sense to me it's been done before.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

##vote anidav

I might not be around later tonight to do so.

I'm not 100% convinced of his scumminess, but in the absence of other viable votes I'm left without much of a choice.

Nah I'm getting more convinced he's scum. He's protested a bit too much I think and his reasons have been flimsy.

At first he said he voted you because you were too neutral and when that was challenged his reason became more about how he was rushed because it's NYE and he might not have the time later. Check the time stamp of when he voted you, he's posted for 5 more hours after that...

#vote anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Mills was wrong about Auspol games, it's not that our players don't listen to arguments, it's that regardless of whether they listen or not, at least half the people at any given time are off getting drunk.

Now granted, this is New Year's Eve, but it is also true on not-New-Year's-Eve. :eng101:

I remember one game where I was scum with sweetroy, bell jar and someone else and we forgot to submit a night action because we were all too drunk instead.

We lost because of that I think.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

oh no wait, bell jar wasn't scum in that one, he was on our mason team. Probably had the same thing happen in another game though.

maybe not bell jar, i wonder who it was then. we all got very drunk though and just were all 'meh' in the morning.

tithin posted:

I remember that one game that was me and a few others on the team, with me as godfather, and we purposefully did not nightkill anyone until the first mafia was killed during the day.

People were going loving insane trying to figure out what was going on, and the scumdoc was great.

The finale of that was top too, I lasted until the end and got outplayed by the busdriver because I kept putting him off as "not a threat"

until he bussed someone on the last day, and used the logic to point out that logically, only I could have been the killer. If he hadn't have bussed, I'd have won.

was a damned good game.

That was a top game. Was that the one I tried to ping you early on but got rolled myself? Or was that another one?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

We had one game with a bus driver and nobody would shut the gently caress up about it for every game that followed. Everyone was mad paranoid.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

There are no millers or death millers or reverse death millers or anti-reverse death millers in this game.
Role explanations: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Roles

Wait :tinfoil: He said no miller or variety millers. Nothing about no bus drivers.

Toot Toot

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar ran that from memory. I think I was part of the crew and we were allowed to recruit new people every odd night or something?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

I love the fact that a year later there is still so much theory crafting about roles due to my two games.

Also only 15 minutes to go - we have to lynch tonight

##vote anidav

Oooh what's that 5?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

#rekt

Looks like my instincts were right about him being town I guess

This is the worst bit of grand standing I've ever seen. What does your opinion matter when no one can validate you're town yet?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also rip mills.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seriously Tithin you're looking really suss now.

We've got ~ 10 hours to deadline and instead of waiting to see if there's any concrete evidence from anyone (eg an investigator / cop / tracker / whatever) you've dived in hard to try and direct everyone onto bifauxnen and stop any real discussion today?

Why are you trying to rush this? Your evidence is based on a bunch of posts, which come to think of it is pretty much all you had against anidav yesterday. IMO Anidav is still a better candidate than Bif.

You on the other hand now are at the top of my list. Way to go captain sussburger.

##vote tithin

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Good question!

It doesn't.

Do you have any evidence? Do you have a special role?

I don't think so. You've gone from captain neutral on d1 to cautiously voting d2 to 100%. Why? You got nothing to back this up except you're trying too hard to play the middle and look reasonable.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

The gently caress else are we supposed to base it on?

Matthew Beet posted:

We've got ~ 10 hours to deadline and instead of waiting to see if there's any concrete evidence from anyone (eg an investigator / cop / tracker / whatever) you've dived in hard to try and direct everyone onto bifauxnen and stop any real discussion today?

You pushing too hard right now when you accused that of anidav yesterday is :ironicat:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe we need to start throwing some actual votes out to get things started for real though today.

##vote hooman for the hell of it. Like I said, I follow the thread a lot so if you guys get a bandwagon going on anybody else I will happily swap my vote to make a lynch happen today.

(if it ends up being me strung up today though, I'll go peacefully if you let Ludlam do it :ohdear:)

I have no opinion on hooman. why are you voting hooman? Only to try clear your name?

[quote]

Ugggh what happened to the vote for Anidav anyway, wasn't that going to be really solid if just a couple more people had shown up?

[/quote

A good question which I've asked and tithin has ignored.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Coincidentally, if you genuinely think I'm scum, go back and do a re-read. Point out what in particular you think is scummy and why, rather than getting shifty because I'm genuinely scumhunting, and pointed the finger at someone you don't like.

we've had two days of nil movement - and as bowmore has pointed out, town don't win games where we don't kill anyone at all.

I have done a re-read. You've chopped and changed from anidav to bif for no real great reason at all. You're saying she was too eager to vote for a lynch. What are you doing right now boss?

I jumped on the anidav vote because he was suss and we needed a lynch yesterday or a second day would pass with no town actions. Now we're down 2 townies and we've learnt nothing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

There's nothing to answer.

There was insufficient people to pass the vote for him, therefore he wasn't lynched.

I do like how you and bif are both pushing really hard to get back to Anidav as scum, without actually addressing any of the concerns I raised in my post.

Nice way to tie yourselves together.

Tieing myself together my arse. I have no opinion on her yet and she's not on my radar much (except for what you've raised) and I've even asked her why she's voted for hooman out of the blue? I'm still waiting on that answer too.

You spent 5 posts early in the game saying how scummy mills was then out of the blue 'Oh I'm clear on Mills now' and don't explain why. How do I know your town tithin? If you can give me something better I'll recast my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

Honestly, I think that the reasons I've stated - without being redressed, which they haven't, are strong enough to make me think "yeah, bif is scummy".

Hardly either of our faults for the nolynch on day 2 when we both voted hey?

Us voting really doesn't absolve us dude.

I'm not sold on your reasons for Bif, I think you've come on too strong too early when we've got time for others to check in with evidence.

Milky Moor posted:

my instincts are still saying anidav and i'm pretty bewildered that tithin is defending him like this

we've lost two town power roles, how are we still bickering about it?

Same, but the longer tithin argues the more sure I am on him being suss.

• Locked thread