Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble Match
Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ??? vs. ???

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Brock Lesnar © vs. John Cena

RAW REPORT:

Edge & Christian start the show announced by TONY CHIMEL. They do comedy and announce they'll be doing a CUTTING EDGE PEEP SHOW tonight with Seth Rollins. Book Rusev vs. Ziggler and announce that Bryan will be making a statement on his future. They go to do a 5 second pose and Lesnar's music hits. As Lesnar & Heyman saunters down King makes the claim that Edge & Christian are BOTH retired. Had no idea Christian officially retired.

PWInsider posted:

During the opening segment of Monday Night Raw, Jerry Lawler referred to both Edge and Christian as being retired.

That was not an error by Lawler. We are told that due to the rash of injuries and concussions Christian unfortunately dealt with during his current run with the company, he's been pulled from the ring and is considered "retired" as an in-ring performer.

We are told Christian has about a year left on his current WWE deal.

Heyman cuts his promo and after he says JOHN CENA, his theme hits. As Cena & Brock stare down, you can see Edge & Christian just disappear in the corner of the screen. Cena tries to get the jump on Heyman and give him an Attitude Adjustment, but Brock makes the save. Brock & Heyman bail before anyone even throws a punch.

MATCH 1: CHAMPION VS. CHAMPION | DOLPH ZIGGLER © VS. RUSEV ©

I know I predicted a non finish last week that didn't come true, but I think we're getting that opening non-finish this week!!! Rusev controls the 100 seconds but then Ziggler starts going into his comeback. Ziggler lands one of those wacky spike-ddts for a nearfall and we head to commercial at 2:30. We come back and Rusev is in control. They show us what we would have seen if we had the WWE App. A minute after returning Dolph hits a jawbreaker and takes a strategy from WWE Smackdown games by staying on the outside and doing a guillitine when the opponent gets near. Ziggler hits a string of moves and lands a Fameasser for another nearfall. They do a cool spot where Ziggler goes for a SUPERKICK but Rusev catches the foot and flips Ziggler onto his face. Ziggler lands a SUPERKICK for another nearfall. Rusev clips the bad knee of Ziggler, which I have no memory of him having. He starts KICKING TOO MUCH rear end and not listening to the ref for the DQ.

WINNER: Dolph Ziggler via DQ (KICKING TOO MUCH rear end) [06:36]

Rusev locks in the Accolade and JBL says "Happy New Year, Dolph". Ryback music hits and he takes out Rusev. Rusev bails. We go to commercial.

We come back and Ryback is on the mic. He calls Rusev a BIG UGLY RUSSIAN and then cuts a promo. He says he's going to take a few minutes and I don't think the fans appreciate it very much. He is literally telling his life story. Holy poo poo he shows TOUGH ENOUGH clips from 2004. AL SNOW. He talks about his deep depression after being eliminated. Fans start WHATing his life story. He talks about THE NEXUS which gets the biggest reaction of anything he's said thus far. He talks about his injury in 2010 and shows off his wicked rad scar. Fans start reacting positively at this point. He says after being told he'd never wrestle again, RYBACK WAS BORN. We get a Ryback Video Package.

After all this he then gets back to Rusev. He is going to eat him and put him in the pit of his stomach. I LOOK AT YOU RUSEV AND I SAY FEED ME MORE. The fans chant FEED ME MORE. Commercial.

MATCH 2: NATALYA VS. NIKKI BELLA

20 seconds in Nikki gets knocked off the apron and lands in Tyson Kidds arms. He slowly sets her down and Nikki looks impressed. Nattie gives her a baseball slide and thrwos her in. Brie gets mad at Kidd on the outside, which distracts Natalya long enough that Nikki just hits the Rack Attack and wins.

WINNER: Nikki Bella via Pinfall (Rack Attack) [01:06]

Backstage Miz & Mizdow are talking and suddenly Naomi gives Miz a big hug saying "THANK YOU!". She wants to speak to Miz in PRIVATE. Camera is still on. Miz's producer or whatever wants to discuss future projects with Naomi. She says she knows he took a lot of crap - especially from Jimmy Uso - but she truly appreciates what he did for her. She wishes Miz luck tonight. Huh!

FIRST HOUR OF RAW: THUMBS UP SO FAR

MATCH 3 - WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: THE MIZ & DAMIEN MIZDOW VS. JIMMY USO & JEY USO

Bell rings and immediately fans start to chant WE WANT MIZDOW. Jimmy & Miz are starting the match. Naomi is watching from the back. Cole apologizes to Miz as he didn't believe he actually would do something for Naomi. JBL says Miz is like "The Bill Gates of Show Business". Usos are getting the heat on Miz. An Uso goes for a Tope but Miz counters it into a Guillitine and hits a big boot for a 2 count as we go to commercial. When we come back Miz is teasing a tag to Mizdow but doesn't go for it. Because of that Usos get a tag and start going into a comeback. Cool spot where Jimmy is going for a running rear end attack in the corner but Miz starts to charge, and it turns into a schoolboy. JIMMY USO DOES A DIVE. He throws Miz back and and Miz hits a DDT and goes for a Figure Four which gets reversed. Jimmy responds by going to the top rope and hitting That Jeff Hardy Move. Miz recovers and locks in his Figure 4 Leg Lock again. Jimmy gets the ropes and Miz pulls him off to lock in another Figure Four - but Jimmy locks in THE TEQUILA SUNRISE. Mizdow breaks it up and we gets a HUGE SEQUENCE WITH EVERYONE DOIN STUFF. Usos hit a Superkick and GO FOR A SPLASH BUT MIZ GETS THE KNEES UP AND LOCKS IN A SMALL PACKAGE FOR A 2.9! This is the best Miz match in years. Both Usos hit a superkick and Jimmy hits a SPLASH FOR THE 3 COUNT! NEW CHAMPS!

WINNER: Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso via Pinfall (Superkick->Splash) [09:40]

Naomi immediately runs out to celebrate. King gets in the ring to interview the Usos. They're super excited. They invite King over for a party and a BBQ. King says "It looks like Naomi and you are on the same page - what happened"? "WE ALWAYS ON THE SAME PAGE" says Jimmy. Both of them raise Naomi in the air and celebrate to end the segment.

Commentary talks about Daniel Bryan and teases that he might retire.

We get a video package about Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins - who are having a match TONIGHT.

Cesaro is out and cutting a promo about his this should have been his year. How he won the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. How the decision makers now say he doesn't connect. He says he doesn't Connect- he delivers! EVERY TIME HE STEPS IN THE RING! He says there is nobody who can do what he does when he steps into "these 4 ropes... these 4 sides". He calls out anyone and we get... BAD NEWS BARRETT

HE SAYS HE'S GOT SOME BAD NEWS. HE'S GONNA CONNECT HIS BULLHAMMER WITH CESAROS FACE.

MATCH 4: BAD NEWS BARRETT VS. CESARO

Cesaro goes HEYYYYYYYYYY AND DOES A SWING IN THIS MATCH!!! Barrett wins with a Bullhammer.

WINNER: Bad News Barrett via Pinfall (Bullhammer) [03:38]

Luke Harper cuts a promo. He says he is a nightmare come to life. "Sweet Dreams". This was a very Bray Wyatt promo except it was 30 seconds.

Ascension are debuting tonight.

Jack Swagger music hits and he comes out alone to face Luke Harper.

MATCH 5: JACK SWAGGER VS. LUKE HARPER

I managed to leave for the first 2:45 of this match and saw the next 5 seconds where Swagger charged at Harper with a Lariat on the outside and went WE THE PEOPLE. They went to commercial. We come back and within seconds Harper hits a running big boot that looks like it killed. Swagger goes into a comeback and hits a lariat on Harper for a 2 count. Harpet goes for a powerbomb but Swagger gets an Ankle Lock out of it. Harper swings Swagger off of him and hits a SUPERKICK. Swagger manages to get another Ankle Lock and goes for a swagger bomb when Harper gets the ropes - but Harper gets his foot up. Harper hits a DISCUS LARIAT and wins.

WINNER: Luke Harper via Pinfall (Discus Lariat) [07:02]

Backstage Cena, Edge & Christian are talking about OLD TIMES. Think of HHH/Rock one from SD a month or two ago but not tense at all. Cena puts over Edge & Christian and gives Edge a hug.

MATCH 6: ROMAN REIGNS VS. SETH ROLLINS

Big Show is out on commentary. Within 30 seconds Rollins is knocked out of the ring. Reigns takes control early and looks super cool and intense while being in control. Big Show claims he's just out here to support Seth Rollins. Reigns does the apron dropkick and then J&J Security distract him - leading to Rollins kicking Reigns off the apron and down to the floor as we go to commercial. We come back to Reigns in a headlock in the ring. A couple minutes later Reigns hits his cool new TILTAWHIRL SLAM. Both of them recover and start punching back and forth. A few minutes of wrestling later they start teasing the BIG MOVES. Rollins goes for his springboard knee but it's dodged and Reigns hits a KILLER SUPERMAN PUNCH. He gets in the corner close to commentary and you hear Big Show throw off his headset. He grabs Reigns and TOSSES HIM OVER THE ANNOUNCE TABLE AND FLIPS IT ONTO REIGNS.

WINNER: Roman Reigns via DQ (Interference) [13:15]

Backstage Rollins says Big Show is "MY MAN!" He says J&J Gotta spread the word that he's proposing a TOAST on the CUTTING EDGE PEEP SHOW. He thinks he's gonna invite JOHN CENA to it. TELL THE WORLD.

We get a Video Package with Ambrose & Wyatt. AMBULANCE MATCH between WYATT & AMBROSE NEXT WEEK. loving HELL

Wyatt cuts a promo in an ambulance. He closes the door to the Ambulance and totally abuses the siren as he pulls out of the arena.

Bryan comes out. JBL says "it all happens to the best of us...". LAYIN IT ON THICK. Bryan says it's an honor to be in the ring every single time. Thanks the fans for believing in him back at WrestleMania - where he got to beat Batista, Randy Orton & HHH in one night to win the WWE Championship. Mentions 5 days later he married his wife. After that, everything changed. His voice is starting to crack. 2 days later his dad died. He ended up with a career changing injury. He starts to sniffle and holding back tears. Talks about how this has always been his dream. Says he doesn't think anyone cheered louder than him when Ziggler sent out the Authority - but he felt bad because he wasn't there for that. Says Doctors didn't know what was wrong and he even called Edge who knows a thing about career changing injuries. Says there comes a point where you have to make a decision - and fans start getting LOUD and chanting NO. Bryan continues and says he has to make a decision whether this is all worth it or not. "And because you have supported me my entire career, I requested to be out here so I can say this to all of you....Is...my career over?" Fans chant NO very loud. Bryan then says "NO!!!" AND THAT'S THE ANNOUNCEMENT HE'S HERE TO MAKE. HE IS READY TO FIGHT. READY TO COMPETE. AND HE'S READY TO BE IN THE 2015 ROYAL RUMBLE. YES CHANTS. SUPER LOUD. GOOSEBUMPS. GREAT SEGMENT.

Backstage Edge & Christian have Kazoos. Miz & Mizdow storm in angrily. They play Miz theme on the Kazoo. Edge has a stunt double Puppet. Miz is insulted. Miz demands a rematch... TONIGHT. Edge says since you want a match you can have one - and it's next! But it's not against the Usos and it's next - so I figure it's gotta be the Ascension.

They announce next week on SmackDown! there is a CUTTING EDGE PEEP SHOW with Wyatt & Ambrose.

Miz & Mizdow are out. And here comes ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI!!!!!!!

MATCH 7: THE MIZ & DAMIEN MIZDOW VS. KONNOR & VIKTOR

ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI ILLUMINATI

WINNER: Konnor & Viktor via Pinfall (The Fall of Man) [01:17]

Backstage Renee wants Seth to confirm that he invited John Cena. Seth walks away and they leave the camera on Renee for a good few seconds before fading to commercial.

THE CUTTING EDGE PEEP SHOW

Seth Rollins is promoting himself, says nobody has had a better year than him. Edge & Christian hosed with him by saying other names. Rollins invited his GOOD FRIEND THE BIG SHOW out to this party. Big Show is all happy and waves the way down. Rollins introduces JOHN CENA to the party, and Cena doesn't come out. He tries again but no music. Edge says Rollins is trying to do what he did but he just doesn't have any charisma. Rollins says he isn't trying to be Edge - he's better than Edge. Edge says he should have a live sex celebration with his big buddy here. Rollins no sells this and demands Cena come out. Rollins says he is forcing his hand - so he leaves Rollins no choice but to force his. He attacks Christian with the briefcase, and Edge goes to defend his friend but he gets surrounded. Big Show goes to chokeslam Edge but instead forces him down to the briefcase. Rollins sets up a Curb Stomp but gets on the Mic and screams for Cena to come out. "YOU GET OUT HERE AND SAVE ME FROM PARALYZING HIM". John SPRINTS out but Rollins tells him NOT ANOTHER MOVE. "You know what it is I want from you - IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME WHAT I WANT I WILL BREAK HIS NECK". OH poo poo.

Cena goes to charge but Seth tells him THIS IS A HUSBAND. THIS IS A FATHER. He talks for 2 minutes longer and finally says "Bring The Authority back!" Cena finally says STOP and OK. Jamie Noble brings a mic over to John Cena. Cena says "I bring back the Authority". Edge is freed. Rollins is celebrating. ROLLINS GOES TO KILL EDGE ANYWAY!!! Cena makes the save in plenty of time anyway. Cena gets hit with a Knockout Punch and a Curb Stomp. Brock & Heyman come out and shake the hand of Seth Rollins. HHH & Stephanie also come out to celebrate. Barf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
When I say US ya'll say O

UUUUUS~!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
this is a really bad raw holy loving poo poo. i legitimately cannot stand the authority, and they weren't even gone for a month.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

O

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Roman Reigns' babyface push is all-but dead, and The Authority is back. :smith:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I like that they brought Bryan back immediately before bringing the Authority back. As if to say, this was meant the whole time to just be a delayed angle until we knew for sure he could be at the rumble.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So just to be clear, the whole "end of the Authority" angle was just to let HHH and Steph take the holidays off being on tv

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I enjoyed almost that entire raw.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
They just erased the biggest moment of Dolph Ziggler's career :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

THEY HAD BRYAN'S RETURN SHOW END WITH HHH'S MUSIC HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

RAW was really good and the last segment was good and then they decided to go back to THE SAME loving HEEL AUTHORITY FIGURES after them being off TV for ONE loving MONTH.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

HulkaMatt posted:

RAW was really good and the last segment was good and then they decided to go back to THE SAME loving HEEL AUTHORITY FIGURES after them being off TV for ONE loving MONTH.

bryan needs to beat them FOR REAL THIS TIME

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Daniel Bryan is cool

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Our long nightmare of being without HHH is finally over.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I actually liked the ending, it just happened like six months too soon. But WWE.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Under the vegetable posted:

bryan needs to beat them FOR REAL THIS TIME

this is exactly what I think is going to happen. D-Bryan ending the Authority at WM31.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

this is exactly what I think is going to happen. D-Bryan ending the Authority at WM31.

None of those letters spell Sting though

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
wwe, where the match of the year stipulation is ignored a month later

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

StarkRavingMad posted:

So just to be clear, the whole "end of the Authority" angle was just to let HHH and Steph take the holidays off being on tv

And so that next week, when Raw is unopposed by football and not on a holiday for the first time in months, a couple of very powerful people get to claim credit for the inevitable ratings surge.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

this is basically how i feel word for word

the bright side is bryan/lesnar feels like an actual option that might happen for the first time, as opposed to just wishful thinking

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Why not just replay the rest of the last Mania while we're at it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DeathChicken posted:

I actually liked the ending, it just happened like six months too soon. But WWE.

Basically this. I would've had it happen at the Raw after WM.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was a legitimately awesome heel segment and I want to just be into the fact that the WWE can still pull off awesome heel segments, but seriously what the gently caress was the point of this whole thing.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

Why not just replay the rest of the last Mania while we're at it

Sure, it was a pretty good Mania

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The sad thing is that you can see what they were going for - the idea that the show was kind of a mess without a strong authority figure and that people were free to run amok, and that the person most taking advantage of this was Seth Rollins, trying to make things more chaotic in order to put the old corrupt regime that benefited HIM back in charge.

Trouble was, as with a lot of WWE nowadays, is that they half-assed the execution, didn't give it any time to sink in, then jumped straight to a conclusion before anybody even had a chance to "miss" Hunter and Steph. The fact it also coincided with Daniel Bryan announcing he would be in the Rumble just further served to make the entire thing feel pointless.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also Reigns debuting the La Magistral Ninjabomb was beautiful.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ah, after 10,000 years30 days I'm free! Time to conquer WWE!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

At least I finally know what the Ascensions gimmick is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

that was a fine Raw until the Authority return

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
They can never have the good guys run the show for more than like ten minutes can they?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The ending is cool but like now Survivor Series doesn't matter at all, which is cool, cuz it was their most enthralling show all year and a good launch point to move from.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Anyone have any suggestions on how to eliminate Bryan from the Rumble and not have Philly poo poo on Roman's win?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

this is basically how i feel word for word

the bright side is bryan/lesnar feels like an actual option that might happen for the first time, as opposed to just wishful thinking

I was sure that Orton was going to come back or SOMETHING. Then it didn't happen. Then I realized what it actually meant.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im glad I didn't watch. it sounded bad, save for the Bryan thing.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I love E&C. I love Paul Heyman. I love Wade Barrett. I love Daniel Bryan. I love Miz and Mizdow. I love puppets. I love the Ascension. I love The Authority.

A+ Raw. Would watch again.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

mkay0 posted:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to eliminate Bryan from the Rumble and not have Philly poo poo on Roman's win?

It's not possible. Roman's dead.

Dammit.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
It was kill to have Seth threaten to cripple and kill a man, but lame that he didn't do it. Oh, also HHH is back already. Lame.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Our long nightmare of HHH is never over.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Great White Hope posted:

It's not possible. Roman's dead.

Dammit.

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

DarkstarIV posted:

this is a really bad raw holy loving poo poo. i legitimately cannot stand the authority, and they weren't even gone for a month.

It really wasn't that bad. Things happened and there were was good wrestling.

• Locked thread