Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Just kidding. Ernie doesn't have that card. Taste can play 0-2 more cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

such is the risk i take

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i skip my next turn in protest

even if it will win me the game, i skip it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Spare me the Water Works, Ernest.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Taste

Taste plays Waterworks.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Current Board

Taste <4> ($1M, $1M, $2M, $2M, $4M, $5M, $10M)

Ernie <1> ($1M, $1M, $1M, $2M, $4M)

JJ <3> ($1M, $2M, $3M, $3M, $3M, $3M)

Action Queue

:siren: Taste has won the game by completing three property sets!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Spare me the Water Works, Ernest.

it's not water works, it's just i'm not getting any offensive cards, and you seem indifferent as to what JJ is doing

every time I Try To Do A Thing, JJ has a defensive card

i dislike this game immensely right now considering there are clearly enough offensive cards for both you and JJ to draw some every round, but I have yet to see one

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Final thoughts:

Every player was close to winning. JJ had 2 sets and the bulk of a third set, Ernie had 1 set and the bulk of a second set. Ernie had been holding a red card for many turns, which I presume was to stop JJ using an action to complete his reds, and probability-wise this is more often than not going to be a good idea.

There were numerous ways for Taste to win this turn. He could have also stolen the Utilities wildcard from Jon Joe, or Euston Road from Ernie instead since Taste was carrying another 2 blues. Jon Joe probably should have saved his Just Say No for an event like this but (i) it's hard to know at the time; and (ii) JJ wouldn't have been able to stop this play on Ernie with such a card in any case since the play was not against JJ.

Taste was getting hammered start of this game. Keep. Hope. Alive.

Thank you everyone for playing!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

never mind finally

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ernie, if you play IRL, you will win many games because they all go so quick. :(

Also, although the others drew better cards in end-game, your early-game was debatable because (as you pointed out to me) you made yourself a target.

As always though with a game like this, some luck is required.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

grats taste :3

mills my offer is still open if you and hal want to play

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'll play if you want to run a game but if you are sick maybe it is not the best thing for you to do right now!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

I'll play if you want to run a game but if you are sick maybe it is not the best thing for you to do right now!

i'm not sick in a prohibitive fashion, it's just an eye infection that gets pretty irritating with prolonged computer use

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Uploading all these dumb cards and posting updates requires computer use!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I didn't get through hosting a full set either so it would be extra work for you. :(

You'll notice I stopped scanning my copies, and started ripping them from the link in the OP which is why the American ones started showing up in a darker shade.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I just wanted the card pun ernie I feel that frustration too :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

thx to mills and you two

I actually made plans to play this with the lady but then it died so

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

Also, although the others drew better cards in end-game, your early-game was debatable because (as you pointed out to me) you made yourself a target.

a me thing again

i naively believe that psychologically people will 'ease' up on me in late-games if they see me getting absolutely sloshed in an early/middle game phase

in Coup for example I will always ram my head against someone who claims duke by counter-claiming them to lose influence, and then will always try to take two gold instead of 1 so that someone else's duke blocks me

Mills posted:

I didn't get through hosting a full set either so it would be extra work for you. :(

You'll notice I stopped scanning my copies, and started ripping them from the link in the OP which is why the American ones started showing up in a darker shade.

that is okay because you did a monumental amount of work and i'd like to add to it because it's been great so far

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I found the easiest way to run it was to get out my personal deck at home and put it on the carpet for y'all. So I had already shuffled the entire deck and then was turning them over to upload them as we went. I don't think there's any good way for you to shuffle unless you do it this way. Building a spreadsheet with random numbers might work too I guess.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
good game, I missed an opportunity early to do better, I could have taken the blue without using rent and double the rent right away, so I could have lain a house + rent + double the rent on the next, stealing 24 million from both players, thus gaining everything on the board. I explained this to mills after I made the move.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah I forgot about that. But that also assumes that you can hold onto your properties and house until your turn comes around again.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I hope you all enjoyed it enough to try and play it IRL. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

After a few games with four of us, they wanted to try a variant where you needed four sets to win. That took about 45 minutes I think.

Also, there was one rule I house ruled. I believe you always have the choice of playing with cash or property in any combination you like. But I think it makes the "no change" rule much less interesting, so I require cash to be cleaned out before you touch properties.

• Locked thread