Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
My posting capabilities at work are strange, so I can't quote directly but...

djw175
Ah, ok. Just wanted to make sure!

QuantumNinja
All good, take your time. I'll be busy doing end of the year stuff with work til next weekend.

Everyone
Let me know if you make changes or have questions, I think we should be about covered though in terms of C.C. guidelines and such. I've linked submitted sheets in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Starting Wealth and Treasure:

5d4x10 = 160
1d100 = 30

Regdar, Human Fighter (yes that human fighter)
Background: Guild Artisan (customized)
Fighting Style: Archery
Martial Archetype: Battle Master

Regdar was the blacksmith for a prominent Fighter's guild. Unfortunately, when the guildhouse was attacked by some unknown force, his smith shop was destroyed, along with all of his smithing tools.

Rumors that the mysterious attackers had originated somewhere near the old Colossus caught Regdar's attention; that amount of metal just lying around waiting to be smithed was just too much temptation to resist. He packed up his weapons and armor and set out for adventure.

code:
STR 10 Prof: Saves
DEX 18 Prof: Acrobatics, Stealth [background for both]
CON 14 Prof: Saves
INT 10 
WIS 14 Prof: Medicine, Perception, Survival [human, fighter, fighter]
CHA 06
Languages
Race: Common, Elven
Background Dwarven, Giant
Tools
Class: Smith's Tools

Feats
Human: Crossbow Expert
Fighter4: Sharpshooter

Equipment
Hand Crossbow
Bolts [40]
Rapier
Shield
Studded Leather
3gp
[note the distinct lack of any artisan's tools, because I ran out of moneyof the attack on the guild]

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 2, 2015

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Are we gonna hit level 5 during the module? If so I'll form the head, aka make a wizard. If not I think I'll make some kind of multiclass monstrosity.

ht, wt: 2d10+54 59" 90*1d4 90lbs

wipzard:
stats1: 6#4d6k3 18 14 13 18 12 14
wizgold: 4d4*10 100
treasure: 1d100 86

Cain Zygulos Futurelich, once just a young eladrin wizard, was cursed with terrible luck and a new name and look by an evil warlock he defeated with his first adventuring group, none else of whom survived. As if killing Futurelich's friends and forcing him to bear the full brunt of the death curse wasn't enough, the dastardly foe also had been mind controlling so many people that more believed he never existed after he was destroyed than knew the truth. There was no choice but to flee and use the warlock's old implements as bargaining chips to buy new friends and protectors, who wouldn't mind his evil appearance and name. With no society to return to, he's chosen this most dangerous mission with hopes of winning back his good name and reputation, or enough money to buy off enough people to mitigate those that the curse has bestowed on him.

quote:

str14 dex20 con14
wis13 int19 cha12
HP: 26/26 HD: 4d6 AC: 15 Initiative: +10

Class: Wizard (evoker) 4
Alignment: Good
Race: Elf
-Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
-Size. Medium.
-Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
-Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
-Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
-Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
-Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
-Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Elvish. (and Dwarfish and Gnomish from Sage)
Subrace: Eladrin
-Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence score increases by 1.
-Elf Weapon Training. You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
-Fey Step. You can cast the misty step spell once using this trait. You regain the ability to do so when you finish a short or long rest.
Background: Sage
Profs: elfstuff, wizard crap
Skills: Arcana, Investigation, History, Nature, Perception,
Feat: Alert (+5 init, cannot be surprised while conscious, hidden enemies do not get advantage to attack me.)
Gear: +1 dagger, +1 shortbow, 50 arrows, Staff of the Adder, Adamantine Chainmail, dagger, spellbook, component pouch, a loving 100gp pearl for identify, 10gp worth of find familiar components; 2 Silver Ewers, Embroidered Silk Handkerchief, 2 Carved Bone Statuettes, (Art objects worth 25gp to right merchant/collector.) a hunter's trap, 5 bags of ball bearings, bullseye lantern, crowbar, 10 pints of oil and a 2 person tent.

Background gear: A bottle of black ink, a quill, a small knife, a letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 0 gp

Explorer kit: a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it

Magic
Spells known: 4 cantrips, then 12 total, 6 must be 1st level, then two more freebies
-0th: Blade Ward, Prestidigitation, Mending, Minor Illusion
-1st: Thunderwave, Sleep, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Unseen Servant, Tenser's Disk, Identify, Mage Armor, Shield, Alarm
-2nd: Invisibility, Shatter, Suggestion,
Spells Prepared: 8 levels' worth
-1st: 4/4 Thunderwave, Sleep, Mage Armor, Shield
-2nd: 3/3 Invis, Shatter

Class Features
Arcane Recovery: 2 levels' worth 1/day after a short rest
Evocation Savant: the gold and time you must spend to copy an evocation spell into your spellbook is halved.
Sculpt Spells: you can create pockets of relative safety within the effects of your evocation spells.
When you cast an evocation spell that affects other creatures that you can see, you can choose a number of them equal to 1 + the spell’s level. The chosen creatures automatically succeed on their saving throws against the spell, and they take no damage if they would normally take half damage on a successful save.

Familiar: celestial bat
Armor Class 12
Hit Points 1 (1d4 - 1)
Speed 5 ft., fly 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
2 (-4) 15 (+2) 8 (-1) 2 (-4) 12 (+1) 4 (-3)
Senses blindsight 60 ft., passive Perception 11
Languages —
Challenge 0 (10 XP)
Echolocation. While it can’t hear, the bat has no blindsight.
Keen Hearing. The bat has advantage on Wisdom (Perception)
checks that rely on hearing.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 14, 2015

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
My first roll is hilariously swingy. Four stats are really good and two are REALLY BAD. I'm torn between using it (and being really doofy) or the third, for a more reasonable array.

Stats1: 6#4d6k3 13 16 15 8 14 7
Stats2: 6#4d6k3 15 10 11 10 11 14
Stats3: 6#4d6k3 14 10 14 13 11 8

http://orokos.com/roll/242966 Wealth roll is a bit broken, should be 90, it looks like.

~TREASURE~: 1d100 39

I still need to work out the kinks and finalize everything but I'm thinking Half-Elf Fighter 1/Bard 3. Will update hopefully shortly.

Can we have some more details about the setting? Is it otherwise a pretty standard D&D setup, with elves and dwarves having a rivalry and tieflings and dragonborn being rare and weird and drow and duergar underground and being their typical hated dickish selves and whatnot? Normal technology level, normal kinds of gods, all that good stuff?

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 5, 2015

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'll check over the other sheets, hand out treasures and link your submissions in the OP tomorrow, just getting back into town after a daycation.

On the setting though, I'm not going to lie... it won't really come into play all that much. You'll just be trekking through this machine and weird magical sink avoiding/destroying nastiness and discovering what happened there/salvaging treasure.

I would personally consider tiefling's and dragonborn to be rare, but yeah I have no restrictions on race/class(Except human see OP) so if you want to go that route it would be fine.

The Colossus and the Sink are dangerous and the overall trek through it will be short. If we continue after that is entirely up to you all, but I want to do my best to manage expectations. A lot of the same tropes and clichés that you are used to will probably appear , but my emphasis and role will be trying to run the module as it was intended and hopefully give you all an enjoyable albeit brief experience.

It was designed for the Fallen Empire setting if you know anything about that, but I figured it would work here just as well. Standard deities and stuff from the current edition nothing special outside of that.

I'd say you'll probably reach level 5 before it's all over, but who knows.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
P.d0t
Everyone has just been hoarding gems in their previous adventures. It's a gem filled world apparently.

In your travels you've come across a number of valuable gems in decent condition.
  • A Bloodstone Gemstone
  • A Chrysoprase Gemstone
  • A Quartz Gemstone
  • A Sardonyx Gemstone
  • Three Zircon Gemstones
    Each worth 50gp to the right merchant/collector

Sheet looks good.

slydingdoor
You hit the jackpot pretty much.
In your travels you've come across fine equipment to aid in your future adventures, as well as a small collection of art.
  • Dagger +1
  • Shortbow +1
  • Staff of the Adder
  • Adamantine Chainmail
  • 2 Silver Ewers
  • Embroidered Silk Handkerchief
  • 2 Carved Bone Statuettes
    Art objects worth 25gp to right merchant/collector

Sheet looks good so far, just let me know if you finish it up.

Dick Burglar
Which ever array you use is fine by me. You have an extra roll too if you'd like.

You've come across a number of gems and some useful magical items in your travels that could prove to aid you in future adventures.

• 2 potions of healing
  • Scroll of Burning Hands
  • A Rhodochrosite Gemstone
  • An Eye agate Gemstone
  • An Obsidian Gemstone
  • An Azurite Gemstone
    Gems worth 25gp to right merchant/collector

If you wrap it up, let me know!

----

I linked all the sheets complete or not in the OP. Let me know if you have any questions or if you make changes to your sheet.

I'm kind of busy at work this week so I can't really post during the day, but I'll check in at night. Things will slow down after this week. Recruitment open til the 10th, after that I'll make selections and we'll get this show on the road.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Doctor Idle posted:

Let me know if you have any questions or if you make changes to your sheet.

I just realized I messed up my sheet by putting the Save Prof on DEX instead of CON; I blame 4th Edition.

Here's a new link.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Doctor Idle posted:

Dick Burglar
Which ever array you use is fine by me. You have an extra roll too if you'd like.

You've come across a number of gems and some useful magical items in your travels that could prove to aid you in future adventures.

• 2 potions of healing
  • Scroll of Burning Hands
  • A Rhodochrosite Gemstone
  • An Eye agate Gemstone
  • An Obsidian Gemstone
  • An Azurite Gemstone
    Gems worth 25gp to right merchant/collector

If you wrap it up, let me know!

Stats4: 6#4d6k3 16 13 13 16 7 11

That works pretty darn well.

---

No matter how old you get, no matter how many people you know, no matter how many things you've seen, there's always an opportunity to learn something new.

Jascha shoved the last few items into his pack and slung it over his shoulder. He grabbed his viol and bow and made his way out the door in a rush. He had heard tales of some kind of expedition being made to the mysterious Colossus, and he wasn't about to miss the chance to see it. And, more importantly, he wasn't about to miss the chance to leave town.

What I learned today is to never piss off the thieves' guild.

The half-elf had found work in the city as an entertainer and musician, but his real talent was in less-scrupulous trades. He had worked for the city's underground as a fence, a shill, and a con-man, as well as done a number of special jobs. His charm was his weapon, and he wielded it with a sharp point. But his last job was not well-received by either his victim nor his benefactor, as it turned out that the stolen painting he turned over was a fake.

There is no actual honor among thieves. The contractor assumed Jascha had handed over the counterfeit to keep the real painting for himself. It was, after all, worth more than what the benefactor was paying. Whether or not it was true, word spread like wildfire, and now everyone wanted the half-elf's head on a pike.

The Colossus was probably the only place the guild wouldn't follow. It was his only hope. And who knows, maybe he will find enough riches to pay off the guild and the victim, and give himself a chance to settle down anew.

pre:
Name:   Jascha                    Alignment:  Chaotic Neutral
Race:   Half-Elf                            
Class:  Bard 3/Fighter 1                    Background: Criminal
Size:   Medium                              
STR   08 (-1) [07 base +1 racial]           INT   13 (+1) [13 base]
DEX   16 (+3) [16 base]                     WIS   11 (+0) [11 base]
CON   14 (+2) [13 base +1 racial]           CHA   18 (+4) [16 base +2 racial]
HP    32/32 [24 class + 8 ability]          AC    15  [12 armor + 3 ability]
Proficiency +2  [Lv. 4]                     Init  +3  [+3 ability]
Speed       30' [30 racial]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee
  Rapier     [1H]    Attack: +5, Damage: 1d8+3 Piercing, Notes: Finesse
Ranged
  Longbow    [2H]    Attack: +5, Damage: 1d8+3 Percing, Notes: Range 150/600
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Race: Half-Elf
  +2 Charisma, 2x +1 to any ability score
  Skill Prof:   Investigation, Medicine
  Lang Prof:    Common, Elvish, Dwarvish
  Darkvision
    Superior vision in dark and dim conditions; You can see in dim light within
    60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were
    dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
  Fey Ancestry
   Advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and immune to sleep magic.
  Skill Versatility
   Gain proficiency in two skills (see above).

Background Criminal
  Skill Prof: Sleight of Hand, Stealth
  Tool  Prof: Playing Cards Set, Thieves' Tools
  Criminal Specialty: Burglar (natch)
  Feature: Criminal Contact

Class:
  Armor Prof:       All Armor, Shields
  Weapon Prof:      Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons
  Saving Throws:    Dexterity, Charisma
  Skill Prof:       Deception, Perception, Performance
  Tool Prof:        Flute, Horn, Viol
  Fighting Style - Archery [Fighter Lvl 1]     
    You gain +2 to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
  Second Wind [Fighter Lvl 1]
    [1/Short or Long Rest] Use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to
    1d10 + Fighter level (1).
  Spellcasting [Bard Lvl 1]
    Ritual Casting You can cast any bard spell you know as a ritual if 
    that spell has the ritual tag.
    Spellcasting Focus You can use a musical instrument as a spell-
    casting focus for your bard spells.
  Bardic Inspiration [Bard Lvl 1]
    Use a bonus action to grant a creature other than you one (d6) Bardic
    Inspiration Die. Must be used within 10 minutes. Die size improves at
    levels 5 (d8), 10 (d10), and 15 (d12).
  Jack of All Trades [Bard Lvl 2]
    You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check
    you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.
  Song of Rest [Bard Lvl 2]
    If you sing or play music during short rest where friendly creatures regain
    hit points, they regain an additional 1d6 hit points. Die size improves at
    levels 9 (d8), 13 (d10), and 17 (d12).
  Bard College - College of Valor [Bard Lvl 3]
    Combat Inspiration [College of Valor Lvl 3]
      A creature that has a Bardic Inspiration die from you can roll that die
      and add the number to a weapon damage roll it just made. Alternatively,
      it can use its reaction to roll the Bardic Inspiration die and add the
      number to its AC against that attack, after seeing the roll but before
      knowing whether it hits or misses.
  Expertise - Stealth, Deception [Bard Lvl 3]
    Choose two of your skill proficiencies. Your proficiency is doubled for any
    ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

Spells:    
  Spell Save DC:   14 [8 + 2 Prof + 4 Cha]
  Spell Attack:    +6 [2 Prof + 4 Cha]
  Cantrips:     Minor Illusion, Vicious Mockery
  Slots:           1st - 4, 2nd - 2
  Spells known:    6 (Charm Person(1), Cure Wounds(1), Faerie Fire(1), Heroism(1),
  Silent Image(1), Crown of Madness(2))

Proficiencies:
Skills:
Athletics           - 1   ---       STR [0 proficiency - 1 ability]
Acrobatics          + 3   ---       DEX [0 proficiency + 3 ability]
Sleight of hand     + 5   Criminal  DEX [2 proficiency + 3 ability]
Stealth             + 7   Criminal  DEX [4 proficiency + 3 ability]
Knowledge
   (arcana)         + 1   ---       INT [0 proficiency + 1 ability]
   (history)        + 1   ---       INT [0 proficiency + 1 ability]
   (investigation)  + 3   Half-Elf  INT [2 proficiency + 1 ability]
   (nature)         + 1   ---       INT [0 proficiency + 1 ability]
   (religion)       + 1   ---       INT [0 proficiency + 1 ability]
Animal handling     + 0   ---       WIS [0 proficiency + 0 ability]
Insight             + 0   ---       WIS [0 proficiency + 0 ability]
Medicine            + 2   Half-Elf  WIS [2 proficiency + 0 ability]
Perception          + 2   Bard      WIS [2 proficiency + 0 ability]
Survival            + 0   ---       WIS [0 proficiency + 0 ability]
Deception           + 8   Bard      CHA [4 proficiency + 4 ability]
Intimidation        + 4   ---       CHA [0 proficiency + 4 ability]
Performance         + 6   Bard      CHA [2 proficiency + 4 ability]
Persuasion          + 4   ---       CHA [0 proficiency + 4 ability]

Equipment:
Arms:  All Simple, All Martial 
Armor: All Armor, Shields     
Tools: Playing Cards Set, Thieves' Tools  

Saves:
Strength     - 1   ---       [0 proficiency - 1 ability]
Dexterity    + 5   Bard      [2 proficiency + 3 ability]
Constitution + 2   ---       [0 proficiency + 2 ability]
Intelligence + 1   ---       [0 proficiency + 1 ability]
Wisdom       + 0   ---       [0 proficiency + 0 ability]
Charisma     + 6   Bard      [2 proficiency + 4 ability]

Languages: 3 [3 racial]
   Standard (4): Common, Elvish, Dwarvish
Arms:
Rapier      1d8 Piercing; Finesse, Light
Longbow     1d8 Piercing; Ammunition (range 150/600), heavy, two-handed

Armor and Clothing:
- Clothes, Hooded Dark Common    
- Studded Leather Armor (15 AC+Dex modifier)

An Entertainer's Pack
Belt Pouch
Viol
Crowbar
Thieves' Tools
Playing Card Set

2x Potion of Healing
1x Scroll of Burning Hands

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 9, 2015

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Oh, starting wealth is in addition to the various kits you get from background and class? I thought it was either-or. I'll fill out the rest of my gear tonight, then.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rtwo posted:

Oh, starting wealth is in addition to the various kits you get from background and class? I thought it was either-or. I'll fill out the rest of my gear tonight, then.

It should be either-or, according to the rules.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
You could take both, or just one. I offered both starting wealth and suggested gear in case you want to customize to fit your character. The dungeon is toughish so I didn't want you want to be ill equipped. I'm not worried about any of you being 'OP' or anything like that, so go nuts.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Character sheet is now final, with backstory posted.

Also I promise I'm not planning on playing my character as a thieving dick. I just couldn't give up the opportunity to play a Burglar :v:

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Finished my sheet I think. Gonna be giving most of my cool equipment away.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Sheet updated with art and a la cart equipment.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Alright, I've made my picks and the deliberation was not easy. First and foremost, thanks to all of you for apping and showing interest in the game. To those of you who did not get selected it wasn't for any petty reason. I selected based on what I thought would be most useful for the scenario so no hard feelings or anything. I liked all of the submissions and I hope that I might get the chance to play with you in future games. If anyone drops or decides they don't want to play, I'll pick from your characters to fill the spot.

That said, the roster is as follows:
  • QuantumNinja
  • Ryuujin
  • ritorix
  • Megazver
  • djw175
  • slydingdoor

Post any pre-game questions you might have or if you decide to opt out let me know so I can offer the spot to one of the other three. The gamethread will go up tomorrow, early on in the day(CST).

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 11, 2015

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Looking forward to it. I've updated my sheet to a 'real' form-fillable one.

Sparky
HP 39/39, AC18, Spell Slots 4/3, Wraths 5/5, Channels 1/1

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Why would you possibly misspell my name?

You monster.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Megazver posted:

We're an Int-deprived bunch, aren't we? Hope we don't need to roll any Arcana or History checks inside an ancient magical giant murderstatue.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Hey, I'm smart. Well, Montana is at least.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Gamethread is up!

I'll be running errands for a bit, but will be back shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Everyone vanished like thieves in the night. That's a wrap folks!

*Picks up hat and shamefully, leaves himself*

• Locked thread