Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

For every chimp that makes a sharpened stick, there's one in the back who wants to make sure everybody knows that he could have done a better job, but if all you losers are dumb enough to like that lovely stick why even bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he's doing a kickstarter about zany exploding kittens

Hmm. Well, perhaps I was hasty to defend this dude, I just remember a couple of good long comics that he did.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jaramin posted:

Yeah, he never makes dumb outrageous comments about inane subjects anymore!

oh

Wow, eating food is such a chore. You're supposed to eat some parts and not eat other parts. And get that, you also need to chew solid foods. Better just live off liquidised bacon and atheism.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he's doing a kickstarter about zany exploding kittens

it's raised five million dollars

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Paladinus posted:

Wow, eating food is such a chore. You're supposed to eat some parts and not eat other parts. And get that, you also need to chew solid foods. Better just live off liquidised bacon and atheism.

What the gently caress is wrong with your brain where that is the direction you got off that comic?

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Just Offscreen posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with your brain where that is the direction you got off that comic?

Did you forget where you're posting?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh god now we're PBF'ing a panel from an Oatmeal strip

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am going to assume that people acting like all humor is objectionable are joking, for the sake of my own sanity.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Realtalk my Pyrex measuring cup is the best soup bowl known to man. Heat up the soup, hold the (not hot!) handle, and eat. :yum:

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am going to assume that people acting like all humor is objectionable are joking, for the sake of my own sanity.

Sanity is objective.
Your sanity is objectionable.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
For a thread ostensibly about funny comics, none of you seem to like fun nor comics.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Please be the change you wish to see in the thread

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

NotAnArtist posted:

Sorry, I don't have a firetruck so I don't think I can put out a dumpster fire.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

NotAnArtist posted:

Comically exaggerating your reactions to relatively minor problems doesn't make you comedy Satan.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Comically exaggerating your reactions to relatively minor problems doesn't make you comedy Satan.

It's not an exaggeration, though. He teaches the youth to be wasteful and gluttonous.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Paladinus posted:

It's not an exaggeration, though. He teaches the youth to be wasteful and gluttonous.

The kind of youth that gets that influenced by Internet comics is likely to be doomed anyway.
Can't a guy just say that he doesn't like the end part of a banana anymore?

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

paradoxGentleman posted:

The kind of youth that gets that influenced by Internet comics is likely to be doomed anyway.
Can't a guy just say that he doesn't like the end part of a banana anymore?

What do you mean, end part?
That's clearly the 'tab', designed for easy access :colbert:
The end part is where the crazy-person who did the drawing decided to open the banana.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
mods please change name to P Comics

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

aerion111 posted:

What do you mean, end part?
That's clearly the 'tab', designed for easy access :colbert:
The end part is where the crazy-person who did the drawing decided to open the banana.

This is the second time today I've seen someone say they open bananas from down there and It's still confusing.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
It's easier. It's also the way monkeys do it. I don't defer to monkeys often, but i will in the case of banana opening.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The guy who writes The Oatmeal used to be some big deal in SEO. Originally, the comic was designed not to be funny, but to show up in a fuckton of google searches so everybody thought it was popular and would keep sharing it on Facebook. I remember a whole lot of webcomic authors raging about him back in the day, because webcomics should be "ABOUT THE ART, NOT THE MONEY." At this point, it seems like he's been successful in his 'be known everywhere' goal and the publicity engine is now fueling itself, so he's dialed back the zombie-pirate-robot-bacon-ness and started trying to write actual jokes.

It's hit and miss, but it feels like he's improving. :unsmith:

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
aids cum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I haven't found any Oatmeals that have made me bust up laughing, but I do like some of them.

I can hella relate to some of his brain comics:

also, in finding the above, I stumbled on this--apparently the dude who draws it is a hot ultramarathoner: http://imgur.com/gallery/QZKQl

ninja edit: also, very relevant to right now: http://theoatmeal.com/blog/seattle_weather

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Every time I hear somebody from the west coast complain about the weather, I grab a shovel and go search snow banks until I see the characteristic divot that suggests there might be a fire hydrant buried under there. Then I dig for thirty or forty minutes until I find a flash-frozen arc of urine and follow that back to the puppy stuck to the other end so I can kick it.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

the...oatmeal?? LOL! that's what I eat for breakfast but now it's like, a hilarous thing on the internet?? So loving random i LOVE IT/

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

well,

good

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

Every time I hear somebody from the west coast complain about the weather, I grab a shovel and go search snow banks until I see the characteristic divot that suggests there might be a fire hydrant buried under there. Then I dig for thirty or forty minutes until I find a flash-frozen arc of urine and follow that back to the puppy stuck to the other end so I can kick it.

Yeah I am in Seattle, but from northern Minnesota. Despite about 1 out of every 2 Seattlites being a Midwest transplant, they still have the gall to complain about the weather, which approaches "almost as cold as fall in Minnesota" for about three weeks out of the year.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.
Ever wonder what The Oatmeal would be like if it were written by a fundamentalist Christian?

http://adam4d.com/

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Honestly the funniest comic in pages.

I miss the bad webcomics thread :(

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689737&perpage=40
It's bad.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Cantaloupe posted:

Honestly the funniest comic in pages.

I miss the bad webcomics thread :(

We missed you. BUT WE WERE NEVER FAR AWAY.

Cool Chulainn
Sep 5, 2011

Who's up for a game of Swords & Speedballs?

HBomb posted:

Ever wonder what The Oatmeal would be like if it were written by a fundamentalist Christian?

http://adam4d.com/

It's perfect.
http://adam4d.com/say/
WORDS WORDS WORDS

Edit: Christ, this is the Christian version of Subnormality

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Jaramin posted:

Yeah, he never makes dumb outrageous comments about inane subjects anymore!

oh

You must really love those tiny, rubbery dick hoses. Chill out.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Paper plates are a wonderful thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I just cut the top off of a milk carton and add cereal. Then I eat not only cereal, but also the carton, while comically spilling milk everywhere.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The guy who writes The Oatmeal used to be some big deal in SEO. Originally, the comic was designed not to be funny, but to show up in a fuckton of google searches so everybody thought it was popular and would keep sharing it on Facebook. I remember a whole lot of webcomic authors raging about him back in the day, because webcomics should be "ABOUT THE ART, NOT THE MONEY." At this point, it seems like he's been successful in his 'be known everywhere' goal and the publicity engine is now fueling itself, so he's dialed back the zombie-pirate-robot-bacon-ness and started trying to write actual jokes.

It's hit and miss, but it feels like he's improving. :unsmith:

The Oatmeal is internet Garfield HTH.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Until there's an equivalent to Death of Garfield, it isn't:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Paladinus posted:

I just cut the top off of a milk carton and add cereal. Then I eat not only cereal, but also the carton, while comically spilling milk everywhere.

You scrubs, don't you know how it's done?

• Locked thread