Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BonHair posted:

I feel like it's a pun, but I have no idea what those things are called in English, so I don't get it. Help a foreigner with vocabulary?
It's one of those puns that only work written though, because "mobile" isn't pronounced the same way as the "mobile" part of "Batmobile". One is moh-bile and the other is muh-beel.

Walrus Pete posted:

They're called mobiles. For some reason.
Because they move. The same thing but with all its pieces fixed in place is called a stabile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Tiggum posted:

It's one of those puns that only work written though, because "mobile" isn't pronounced the same way as the "mobile" part of "Batmobile". One is moh-bile and the other is muh-beel.

Because they move. The same thing but with all its pieces fixed in place is called a stabile.

I thought it was mo-beel; muh sounds like some kind of lazy accent.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

AdorableStar posted:

I thought it was mo-beel; muh sounds like some kind of lazy accent.

English (in general, very much including American English) is kind of a lazy accent. Seriously, pronounce unstressed vowels properly too, all these schwas (uh-sounds) are terrible.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"muh-beel?" Where the hell are you from you pronounce "mobile" in any way like "muh?" The difference between something like automobile and mobile the baby thing is where you put the stress--last syllable for the former and first syllable for the latter. They're both "oh." (I'm from Texas.)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

How about we stop talking about how people talk different in places?
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/ue6K74e.jpg:nws:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

cutbu posted 2 whole comics to his tumblr, and those were his only posts. rip.

cutbu seems to have moved here actually.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lotish posted:

"muh-beel?" Where the hell are you from you pronounce "mobile" in any way like "muh?" The difference between something like automobile and mobile the baby thing is where you put the stress--last syllable for the former and first syllable for the latter. They're both "oh." (I'm from Texas.)

gently caress you

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

The Maestro posted:

gently caress you

Here's a repost especially for you:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lotish posted:

Australia. Also it's the first pronunciation listed at dictionary.com. :shrug:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
I have a request for a comic I think I saw here, but I'm not sure. Its about two brothers, or maybe they are friends, who speak only in simpson's quotes. One of the brother/friends gets put into a coma, and is non responsive, but the other one finds out that he'll respond to simpson quotes still. Then it becomes very emotional as he pulls the plug. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I have a request for a comic I think I saw here, but I'm not sure. Its about two brothers, or maybe they are friends, who speak only in simpson's quotes. One of the brother/friends gets put into a coma, and is non responsive, but the other one finds out that he'll respond to simpson quotes still. Then it becomes very emotional as he pulls the plug. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

It's Don't Cry For Me I'm Already Dead. by Rebecca Sugar.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Thanks! It's even better than I remember.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Shut up and/or eat poo poo pls.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Can someone post the "Fags and Muslims out of America" edit of the Ultimate warrior comic.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
Another request: can someone find the comic where it shows a hit man sneaking up to a window, and then he puts a snake in that rushes at the sleeping victim, and then kisses him? The hit man's face in the last panel used to make me cry :(. It's hard to google for because there's no word bubbles, and people rudely uploaded many more images that can be found with "snake" "hitman" "kiss" that aren't it. Thanks in advance!

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I know exactly which comic you're talking about, and I'm 90% sure that's either a Ryan Pequin or KC Green comic, but I can't find it at all.

Here's one I found while looking instead:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I went to look but I can't find the actual threewordphrase website anywhere, all I can find is a tumblr that is apparently his I guess. Did he take the site down or something?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

pentyne posted:

Can someone post the "Fags and Muslims out of America" edit of the Ultimate warrior comic.

Here you go.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

The dramatic pause gets me every time.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
"fags and muslims still in america" is a good line

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Rubies posted:

Another request: can someone find the comic where it shows a hit man sneaking up to a window, and then he puts a snake in that rushes at the sleeping victim, and then kisses him? The hit man's face in the last panel used to make me cry :(. It's hard to google for because there's no word bubbles, and people rudely uploaded many more images that can be found with "snake" "hitman" "kiss" that aren't it. Thanks in advance!

Ahaha I used the forum search to see if I could find it mentioned in a previous find an image thread and welp!

Rubies in 2011 posted:

Hey folks, I'm looking for a webcomic that I might have asked for a few months ago. I can't find it again. It's just a few panels where a hitman in a trenchcoat slips a fearsome snake into someones window, and the snake lunges at the target. But instead of biting the snake kisses the mark on the cheek and he continues sleeping. The last panel is the hitman in the dark with big puppy-dog eyes making a forlorn "I miss you" face with the propped up hand at the sleeping man. It's really cute and touching and funny for such a short comic and I'd love to save it.

Is there anyone who knows what I'm talking about? Thanks amigos.

Here you go! Hold on to it this time!

e: Also content.

Successful Businessmanga has a new favorite as of 08:14 on Jan 6, 2015

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
haha yessssss! I guess I really love that comic! I just lost a bunch of stuff in a hard drive crash but luckily as I get older I realize how unoriginal I've been and most of my "classics" still pop up all the time, but not this one until you reposted me. Also holy balls, I had a few seconds where I was like "have I really been on the forums since 2011? That seems like a long time" and it's actually been almost exactly NINE YEARS.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Korgan posted:

Here you go.

Zen pencils is one of my favorite comics by virtue of the edits alone.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I've seen that "fags and muslims out of america" edit so many times and only now realized one of the audience members is photoshopped.

Content:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I have a request that I hope you fine goons can help me with. It's a pencil or otherwise black-and-white comic with Ness and Jeff from Earthbound. Four panels long, two by two. Ness asks Jeff how come he gets so many Smash hits, and Jeff tells him it's because he's got HUGE GUTS. I think there's a "Rip and tear!" line to seal the Doom comic homage, but I can't seem to get Google to find me the image. I'm pretty sure I found it through 4chan an age ago, and I no longer have it saved.

Content:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Found it by searching "earthbound 'huge guts'".

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

trapped mouse posted:

Found it by searching "earthbound 'huge guts'".

RIP AND TEAR!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Haruharuharuko posted:

RIP AND TEAR!
I get that reference too!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Haha yes as do I! Let us all bask together in the comfort of the familiar!

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

I love Aliens

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Hoshi posted:

I love Aliens

lol kill it with fire goonsir

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

XKCD is such a funny comic, it kills me. It killed me, and now I'm dead and posting this from hell, where I get to watch all the new XKCD comics getting made.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Are you loving whiners taking pleasure from making GBS threads up this thread as well? Are you? Are you pleasuring yourselves? You are. I know you are. Tell me about how you are pleasuring yourselves. You guys are cumulatively the most boring person imaginable.

E: vvvvv AS DO I, gently caress YES, WITH EVERY LAST SHIVERING TREMOR OF MY CONVULSING BEING.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 14:14 on Jan 7, 2015

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
I for one unironically enjoy XKCD.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Karate Bastard posted:

Are you loving whiners taking pleasure from making GBS threads up this thread as well? Are you? Are you pleasuring yourselves? You are. I know you are. Tell me about how you are pleasuring yourselves. You guys are cumulatively the most boring person imaginable.

but vocally disliking a comic is basically the same thing as contributing so its all good dude

XKCD is not the funniest comic in the world, no, but it's more consistently entertaining than most goons. the way some of you motherfuckers go on about it makes it seem like Munroe should be shipped off to the Hague

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nedroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Radio Help posted:

but vocally disliking a comic is basically the same thing as contributing so its all good dude

Nah, not really. The old thread was closed due to vocal dislikers vocally disliking all over the place. Plus if you piss off the OP he will just start posting dead babies until you repent, and none of us really want that.

• Locked thread