Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Woah I just noticed they have more legit road courses on the schedule this year then "Bumfuck random parking lot in a city races. That's cool at least.

Also might want to add that Russian dude who's name i don't feel like spelling that got hosed up at Fontana to the RIP

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

gret posted:

Have Stadium SUPER Trucks support every IndyCar race.

Don't bring up ideas Indycar already uses.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Hope its like it is in iracing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTd_MhMw-NY

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Bhester posted:

getting a real scorned ex lover vibe about Hornish ITT

He does have like 3 wins last year in a much more popular series. Nobody much?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'd say he drat near didn't make it this far, but let's face it, he shouldn't have made it to half his age.

Considering the dozens of almost fatal crashes he's had, along with killer bee attacks, bulldozer wrecks, and spending a month in the hospital at age 79, I think he might be too badass to die.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

drgitlin posted:

Monaco is also going to use a different track layout to the GP.

The Monaco track is great because it uses a total of zero parts that make Monaco a cool unique track.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

congrats to future 500 winner Max Chilton.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

loving lol

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Rip Indycar, remember Toronto and how much damage he did in one race?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Lol even I thought 2015 was actually looking pretty decent. RIP to that idea.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

At least he won't be begging for truck rides on twitter anymore.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Fixed the schedule listing in the OP.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

be nice wicka posted:

any idea who will get the permanent fourth seat at andretti?

Simona of course.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

WindyMan posted:

Most definitely "testing" for the "Champ Car World Series."

How are they starting one day early? At the wrong track!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Cubey posted:

Nothing can ever be worse than the Kansas roval.

The one time Grand Am raced there it was really good though, but yeah it still sucks.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Cygni posted:

Apparently the backstory behind the KV DP01 running is that the cars were bought by a really rich collector who paid to have the team run them for a day.

Rich old guys really do keep racing alive.

It had to be Plourde

It just has to be.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

So it's a Drive Sequel.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Should have put the money toward an official game that isn't Grid or Forza. A well made indycar game would own.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Iracing is awesome and all but yeah you pretty much already have to give a poo poo about motorsports to be into it, I was thinking something more in the "Simcade" area like Codemasters F1 games or Forza whatever else is like that. Something that isn't 200 bucks plus montly fees to have a career mode, and could be played with wheel/gamepad whatever. Something you could pick up and enjoy, but you could also get super into the career mode and such.

I think it could work really well, as long has it had the right people behind it.

KingShibby posted:

Easiest way is to fund iRacing to scan St. Pete, NOLA, Belle Isle, & Toronto to complete the schedule. I really wish I could go to Media Day tomorrow, but my boss won't let me have the day off :smithcloud:

Iracing already has a much better track selection than real life indy though. Plus Laser Scanning the street circuits would be a huge pain in the rear end. (nothing that 25 mllion could not fix though lol)

Edit - Hardcore fans already give a poo poo that's the thing, and plus that's like 5 percent of people.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah ea hasn't made a decent racing game since 2004. And I don't even think 2k has ever.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm just saying that those two actually would market their games fairly well.

I don't think you'd get the same type of effort from those that are currently making the NASCAR series or Code masters IMO.

I'm just saying if the games poo poo it doesn't matter how well it's marketed. Thinking like that got us the last 3 nascar games.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

KingShibby posted:

It's the only iRacing car where you need a minimum of 2 hours to mentally unwind after racing.

Hello Sprint Car and Lotus 49.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Can't win on tv, might as well be in every loving movie I guess?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

KingShibby posted:

Not gonna lie, I don't really consider drag racing to be actual :turianass: racing :turianass:

If someone like Tina Stull (who looks like she's almost 50) can effectively compete, then just about anyone could...

loving lol get a load of this guy.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Norns posted:

It's the only type of racing I've seen live. It's pretty loving incredible.

That suck cause nothing else you see in person can really beat it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

The best part about the orange juice thing is how some people still won't get over it, which seems like a very Indycar thing to do.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Lol this poo poo has more aero than f1 cars

Gonna own.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

dat downforce.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Nothing else to do in Alabama, that's probably why.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

2007 Champ Car

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Norns posted:

Now someone is going to tell me to watch IRL.

joking aside, 1990 or 1991 would be pretty cool.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Norns posted:

From what in gather most of the 90s stuff is worth watching then?

Pretty much any season in the 90s is gonna be good.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

be nice wicka posted:

does anyone here own a working american car

Depends on your definition of working.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I read that thinking it meant he was Paralyzed in the crash, that's good at least.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Congrats to 2015 indy lights champ Max Chilton.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

If anyone cares the Tampa bay local news ran like 5 stories about the race. So locals like it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

"Isn't it great the formula 1 season starts on our own backyard" - some lady on the radio in Tampa lol

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

leica posted:

Yeah it's been a local favorite for awhile now since the CART and IRL days. It's like a fixture pretty much and it would suck if we ever lost it, hopefully that doesn't happen for a long time.

The drivers love it too. Hell Dan Wheldon liked it so much he moved here, he was a local hero :smith:

Dan had a good opinion, st Pete is nice and a good place for an f1 race.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Cygni posted:

Um, holy poo poo / hell yeah: Rocky Moran Jr will replace Carlos Huertas this weekend.

Do you think he'd give more of a poo poo then Huertas if he won a race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Bentai posted:

John Force was chatting on ICS radio, he wants to put Graham in a funny car.

He's trying to kill him so he can get his daughter away from him

Smart move Mr Force

• Locked thread