Welcome to the "retro sample year" marathon. This year it's all about the roots of games that became big icons in the gaming industry. And I'm not talking about Halo or Call of Duty. I'm talking the 80's. That's the 1980's. It was the golden era, and we believed graphics would never get much better than this. How wrong everyone was... and yet, some may say the games around then where better designed and more fun.
So the question is if that's true? Why don't we try it out? Welcome to the "retro sample year". It's the year 2015 and we're going to play games made about 30 years ago.
Remember, this is not a Let's Play. You are welcome to post screenshots or videos, but it's not required.
Nothing fancy, I'm not a wizard. Please post in BOLD HUGE letters when you finished a game, so I don't forget you.
See the full list here.
- Sonic (Genesis/Megadrive II)
- Megaman (NES)
- Metroid (NES)
- Castlevania (NES)
- Dragon Quest (NES)
- Final Fantasy (NES)
- Kirby (NES)
- The Legend of Zelda (NES)
- Super Mario Bros. (NES)
- There is no restriction to what version of a game you can play. Emulators are allowed.
- Save states are allowed, but only in moderation.
- You do not have to play the games in the order presented here. You can complete these games in whatever order you choose.
- There is no time limit you have to beat the games by. Participation does not end at the end of the year.
|# ¿ Dec 30, 2014 22:59|
|# ¿ Mar 20, 2019 15:57|