Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Apparently KyoAni put out an edict calling for light novels for them to adapt into anime. From what little I know of light novels, they're not too hard to write. It might even be possible for a bunch of goons to put out something that might hit it big time in the anime world. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't believe my Doobie's dog is this Dickbutt.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Using my vast, encyclopedic knowledge of lovely anime, I believe our LN should be a harem series centered around a bland protagonist whose only redeeming factor is his ability to be whatever the plot wants him to be.

Also he has a sword.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I always thought it was weird that no anime has taken the Y The Last Man route of literally having a dude be the only dude left in the world, just creating a far more plausible reason for everyone to be fighting over him than there would be otherwise

maybe this can help with your book

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

"I've yet to find love, but I am a health teacher for an all girl's school?!"

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

I always thought it was weird that no anime has taken the Y The Last Man route of literally having a dude be the only dude left in the world, just creating a far more plausible reason for everyone to be fighting over him than there would be otherwise

maybe this can help with your book

I imagine the title would be something like: どうして!?なんで俺は最後の男ですか

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This reminds me of the "Pitch an anime!" thread I've been meaning to resurrect so I approve.

We need to include lots of Dragon Quest references. Everyone likes those, right?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
A light novel that's just like all the harem stuff out there, but the guy is in his 20s and surrounded by MILFs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
なぜ、すべてがそう刑事ユーモアに欠けている?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
So, what esoteric fetish is your character going to obsess over? Knees? Girls who wear berets? That area right above the ankles but right below the shins?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Elbows. All about elbows.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"I tried to write a Light Novel, but once I was finished I couldn't think up of a title, and suddenly a catgirl fell through my ceiling and she says she's my stepsister and fiance??"

Is that it. Is there anything else I need to add. What other light novel fads are there. Should they be inside a game? That's the new thing to replace sister loving, right? Clubs about friends? That was 2013, though.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
What's the typical word count? Are most light novels similar to manga where the first book introduces a world and maybe a plot that books later is completed but wait there was a bigger more ancient plot?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
We should flip the tropes on their head and make the MC a girl.

Now now, hold on. I know you just hurried to the thread to bitch about how common reverse-harems or lesbians are too, even if not AS common. Don't worry, we got this. The girl is 7 years old.

Wait wait wait, don't leave, this isn't some pedo poo poo, alright? The harem is orphanages. It's the far future, and children got more and more planned until eventually, someone discovered the secret of immortality. The number of births slowly diminished as humanity grows older and spreads across the stars. Now, practically every new person born is from a loving, stable family with dozens of fail-safes in case of family problems or unrelated disasters. Unwanted children are rarer than precious gems, and the story centers around the only orphaned child currently left on planet Earth. Due to the rarity of children and the importance placed on them, orphans are often followed like celebrities (think royal babies but bigger) and as a result, orphanages have become more institutions of prestige and wealth than anything. Our protagonist, recently orphaned after a tragic (and widely publicized) accident whose unusual family situation left her with no close relatives, now needs one - the first time one will be in use for 43 years. Watch as the remaining few orphanages on earth do all they can to get the rights to adopt the girl, from clever ploys and underhanded tactics, to earnest appeals and grandiose plans. But which has the best interests of the girl in mind? How will the vast public interest in her get in the way of both girl and orphanages? And who is REALLY in charge of the final decision? Features lots of biting social commentary I'm sure.

To get people to read them just mash the orphanage staff full of moe uguu girls in skimpy clothing and, I dunno, a boring oblivious dude or two. Which orphanage will win the MC in the end? The tsun one? The one with big ti- uh, monetary assets? The cool and stylish orphanage? Let's find out together.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i think you should talk to a therapist before you commit a crime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
that post is already a crime

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

Now now, hold on. I know you just hurried to the thread to bitch about how common reverse-harems or lesbians are too, even if not AS common. Don't worry, we got this. The girl is 7 years old.

Wait wait wait, don't leave, this isn't some pedo poo poo, alright? The harem is orphanages. It's the far future, and children got more and more planned until eventually, someone discovered the secret of immortality. The number of births slowly diminished as humanity grows older and spreads across the stars. Now, practically every new person born is from a loving, stable family with dozens of fail-safes in case of family problems or unrelated disasters. Unwanted children are rarer than precious gems, and the story centers around the only orphaned child currently left on planet Earth. Due to the rarity of children and the importance placed on them, orphans are often followed like celebrities (think royal babies but bigger) and as a result, orphanages have become more institutions of prestige and wealth than anything. Our protagonist, recently orphaned after a tragic (and widely publicized) accident whose unusual family situation left her with no close relatives, now needs one - the first time one will be in use for 43 years. Watch as the remaining few orphanages on earth do all they can to get the rights to adopt the girl, from clever ploys and underhanded tactics, to earnest appeals and grandiose plans. But which has the best interests of the girl in mind? How will the vast public interest in her get in the way of both girl and orphanages? And who is REALLY in charge of the final decision? Features lots of biting social commentary I'm sure.

To get people to read them just mash the orphanage staff full of moe uguu girls in skimpy clothing and, I dunno, a boring oblivious dude or two. Which orphanage will win the MC in the end? The tsun one? The one with big ti- uh, monetary assets? The cool and stylish orphanage? Let's find out together.

please dont commit sexual crimes towards orphaned children

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Insurrectionist posted:

Give the main character a fetish for elbows, and you'll get at least one 24-episode series out out of it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Monkey Man posted:

A light novel that's just like all the harem stuff out there, but the guy is in his 20s and surrounded by MILFs.

This doesn't already exist? Man, someone's missing out on a friggin' goldmine here.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Anime has no use for withered crones over the age of 21.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

i think you should talk to a therapist before you commit a crime

Endorph posted:

that post is already a crime

Sounds like I'm eminently qualified for this, booking a plan to Kyoto as we speak.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Sounds like I'm eminently qualified for this, booking a plan to Kyoto as we speak.
you know that scene in mulan where all the guys are talking about their type of girls and mulan just sort of stammers and mumbles something about speaking their mind and everyone just stares at her

this is like that but with anime pedophilia

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DaveWoo posted:

This doesn't already exist? Man, someone's missing out on a friggin' goldmine here.

Isn't that Happy Lesson. They're also teachers so that's another fetish down!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I love you all.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Endorph posted:

you know that scene in mulan where all the guys are talking about their type of girls and mulan just sort of stammers and mumbles something about speaking their mind and everyone just stares at her

this is like that but with anime pedophilia

I don't get it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

I don't get it.
im saying you are pretending you do not want to gently caress underage anime babes but actually you do

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Endorph posted:

im saying you are pretending you do not want to gently caress underage anime babes but actually you do

Hmmm, don't know about this.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The protagonist suffers from a skin condition that requires him to keep his left arm wrapped in bandages to prevent exposure, and to keep his left eye covered with a patch.

The skin condition does not actually confer any special powers, but occasionally flares up and causes him to grasp his arm in pain.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Paracelsus posted:

The protagonist suffers from a skin condition that requires him to keep his left arm wrapped in bandages to prevent exposure, and to keep his left eye covered with a patch.

The skin condition does not actually confer any special powers, but occasionally flares up and causes him to grasp his arm in pain.

This is just copying Inou Battle

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is? I thought it was just riffing off on Chu2 culture, unless that stuff happened in Inou Battle. I haven't been keeping up with it since the 10th episode, so I dunno.

I actually think it could be hilarious done in the right circumstances. A guy who's not a Chu2 but has a disease that makes him react like one, much to his frustration, would be pretty amusing.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Our protagonist, average male high school student who still somehow gets all the girls because that's how it goes is going to school one morning when he gets hit by an inconveniently timed truck. Bummer. The Lord of Hell himself offers him a trade: his soul for his life. Course he takes the deal, but finds out that girl he's always had a crush on is a devout religious person and he doesn't have a chance in hell (pun intended) of wooing her without his soul. So he goes back to Satan and tries to buy his soul back only to find that a market boom has inflated the value of his soul to about 10 Million Souls. To make up the deficit, he must enter the cutthroat world of Soul Trading on the ISEX (International Soul Exchange). But how does a completely average student convince 10 million people to sell their souls?

With wacky hijinks, that's how.

Edit: also there's a school club in there somehow

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Our protagonist, average male high school student who still somehow gets all the girls because that's how it goes is going to school one morning when he gets hit by an inconveniently timed truck. Bummer. The Lord of Hell himself offers him a trade: his soul for his life. Course he takes the deal, but finds out that girl he's always had a crush on is a devout religious person and he doesn't have a chance in hell (pun intended) of wooing her without his soul. So he goes back to Satan and tries to buy his soul back only to find that a market boom has inflated the value of his soul to about 10 Million Souls. To make up the deficit, he must enter the cutthroat world of Soul Trading on the ISEX (International Soul Exchange). But how does a completely average student convince 10 million people to sell their souls?

someone post the picture of Not-Bill-Clinton encouraging greedy stock market speculators or some poo poo from that one manga

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Add in an arc where he makes a P2W virtual MMO that lets users buy benefits with their souls, leaving them stranded in the game forever. The school club can be the Game Development Club which somehow has a insanely smart yet autistic chick who looks funny cause of those bigass glasses she wears but then she takes them off and it's like WOAH. Also none of the club members wear their school uniforms cause named characters don't have time for that poo poo.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

icantfindaname posted:

someone post the picture of Not-Bill-Clinton encouraging greedy stock market speculators or some poo poo from that one manga

You mean PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A., JOHN CLIMTON?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Make one about a dude dating the anthro-personification of Big Rigs.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Okay, you guys, this is completely ridiculous that this should happen to have started now, because I've actually been working on my own light novel. The title is Satan's Labyrinth. It's the story of an ordinary college student who gets hit by a car and dies. He then puts his soul on hock to Hell for a second chance at life. However, according to the terms of the contract, he must repay his millions-of-dollars debt within three months, or else he'll be dragged down to Hell! Lilith, a succubus, comes to him to watch over him and ensure that the loan gets paid. With her help, he hatches a scheme to hunt down and destroy the various demonic monsters that have been popping up around town, slaying them in order to sell their parts on the demonic commodities exchange. And thus does he get sucked into the world of Hell's Auction -- a world where fortunes are won and lost, in the most evil arena of them all: the free market.

quote:

Prologue
29 April 2016.

Today I woke up to find a girl kneeling upon my chest.

Sleep paralysis.

That was my first thought when I awoke to find myself unable to move and a pressure weighing down on me. I opened my eyes and there she was.

She was youngish, about the age of a college undergraduate, and wore glasses. She was dressed to the nines in a simple business outfit and pumps, and had a severe expression on her face. That was strange. But strangest of all were the little red horns sticking out of her hair, which was long, straight, and black. Her tail twitched impatiently.

Wait – tail?!

Indeed, she had a tail shaped like a pointy black arrow.

“Are you finished?” she asked.

“Er-”

“Staring at me like an idiot.”

“Well, I-”

“Never mind. It's time to get to work, Sean!”

“Work?!” I sat up, and the girl fell backwards.

“Oof! Hey!”

“Sorry. But what are you doing in MY BED?!”

The girl pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her nose and sighed.

“Honestly. You really are an idiot! Have you forgotten our contract?” she said, glaring.

That sent a wave of memory passing over me, and I suddenly felt nauseous as it all flooded back at once. Of course.

That’s right. I remembered now.

Yesterday, while walking to class, I died and went to Heaven.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
hosed up if true DrSunshine.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You should run that poo poo through Google Translate and submit it to KyoAni for animefication

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

paragon1 posted:

Here, you can read what parts of it I've written and see for yourselves!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

paragon1 posted:

it was true...

• Locked thread