Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

...you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Welcome to my box thread.

As with many such stories, this one also begins with a box.

And like many stories, this story continues with the opening of the box, to reveal what appears to be a Glock 34.

This story continues like many stories, following the pattern of those gone before, with an obligatory sight-picture shot. However, the story takes a slight turn, as these are not the expected factory sights.

Sharp-eyed viewers of the open-box picture would have noticed another twist in this story.

And now that our story has taken this turn, we now must continue down this road.

And continue.

And continue.

Now, we finally come to the only possible conclusion to our story, revealing why the story began the way it did.

Goodnight, box thread. Goodnight.

---

My Glock comes with Warren Sevigny Competition flat black rear sights and red fiber optic front sight. Sight acquisition is so nice and easy compared to other handguns I've used. The EFK Fire Dragon barrel has finally given me the proper motivation to start my NFA life, so I'm looking into forming a trust

Finally, I got Lone Yiff Wolf Distributors Inc. to engrave the slide plate cover for me. Now I want to do similar things to all of my guns.

apologies to Messrs. Fink and Cranor for clumsily and ineptly using their writing style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

And now, the weather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWx6csgGkg4

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

So you're going to come shoot IDPA or USPSA sometime, right?

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

I really should and want to. I have a co-worker who also keeps asking when I'm gonna join him at an IDPA-styled shoot at the range he goes to. Just gotta get a holster, belt, and mag carriers.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

You'll want at least one more magazine too.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

And down the rabbit hole I shall go

Any recommendations for competition gear? I assume factory mags are fine, but what's the goon go-to for the other stuff?

FauxhawkSatan
Mar 27, 2010

I've always used comp-tac and it works well. I ordered some blade tech gear from brownells for my m&p and it seems good as well but I havent actually used it in a match. I got some spare comptac mag pouches you can borrow if you need them.

edit: If you do USPSA you'll want at least 5 mags. IDPA you can get away with 3.

FauxhawkSatan fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 31, 2014

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I trust you have a hoodie to go with it.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Also the NRA bumper stickers.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

infrared35 posted:

I trust you have a hoodie to go with it.

Alaan posted:

Also the NRA bumper stickers.

Not yet, but maybe soooooon

Doc_Awesome posted:

I've always used comp-tac and it works well. I ordered some blade tech gear from brownells for my m&p and it seems good as well but I havent actually used it in a match. I got some spare comptac mag pouches you can borrow if you need them.

edit: If you do USPSA you'll want at least 5 mags. IDPA you can get away with 3.

Thanks! I'll look into Comp-tac stuff then

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Not yet, but maybe soooooon

Thanks! I'll look into Comp-tac stuff then

I grabbed a Blade Tech holster and mag carrier combo on Amazon for like $40 before my first uspsa match and it worked out fine. Shot one more with it afterward; still fine.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

dakana posted:

I grabbed a Blade Tech holster and mag carrier combo on Amazon for like $40 before my first uspsa match and it worked out fine. Shot one more with it afterward; still fine.

That's going on my wishlist for later I assume the Glock 17 one will work for me?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

That's going on my wishlist for later I assume the Glock 17 one will work for me?
For your 34? The holster won't work unless it is set up for accommodating the longer slide. Mag carrier will be fine since the 34 uses the same mags.

ed: I got a comptac set for my 34 and it works great. Wish I had opted for the 4 mag pouch for competition purposes but I'm happy with it. More expensive than the bladetec though. Also I got the paddle mount option for the holster.
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=128

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 1, 2015

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Parts Kit posted:

For your 34? The holster won't work unless it is set up for accommodating the longer slide. Mag carrier will be fine since the 34 uses the same mags.

ed: I got a comptac set for my 34 and it works great. Wish I had opted for the 4 mag pouch for competition purposes but I'm happy with it. More expensive than the bladetec though. Also I got the paddle mount option for the holster.
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=128

Oh right, the slide length. I'll check out that Comp-Tac set. Thanks!

edit: oh poo poo, I can get a purple one to match my slide plate cover

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

edit: oh poo poo, I can get a purple one to match my slide plate cover

Do ittttttt

Race holsters should be 100% radical all the time

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

DJExile posted:

Do ittttttt

Race holsters should be 100% radical all the time

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

x-post facto from yon photo thread

Got my competition setup all together Now to practice a bunch of draws and reloads so I may still nervously fail at an actual shoot!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I love that belt.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

What belt is that? ed: oh yeah which holster/mag carriers did you opt for? They look nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Here's what I got:

• Locked thread