Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Anyone still play this. I never played during winter last time around so its cool. Add me 5026-5879-0994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I wanna play it but I don't want a villager to move in on the things I put effort into. I liked it a lot but Nintendo really has no idea what it wants to do with this franchise in terms of whether it'll go more town-building or more relaxation game and it ends up suffering because it just ended up being a wishy washy mess.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm depressed i abandoned my old town but i guess this means i can start a new towns person with better eyes

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yep, still playing this. Interior decoration is fun! Currently seeing how high a HHA score I can get with the Rustic Challenge.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i haven't played this game in almost a whole year

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I log in every once in awhile to order furniture and then turn the game off

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would if it was on Wii U.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

honestly I regret buying a physical cart, if I went digital I'd probably still be playing new leaf

can't wait for an amiibo heavy wii u version I'm gonna play the gently caress outta it

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Heavy Lobster posted:

I wanna play it but I don't want a villager to move in on the things I put effort into. I liked it a lot but Nintendo really has no idea what it wants to do with this franchise in terms of whether it'll go more town-building or more relaxation game and it ends up suffering because it just ended up being a wishy washy mess.

gtfo

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm depressed i abandoned my old town but i guess this means i can start a new towns person with better eyes

I had Abandoned Town Anxiety but you know what, it wasn't so bad going back. Everyone's still happy to see you and heck, Leif even helps you clean up the weeds.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm scared my villagers will hate me or be dead. I can't do this,

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
More importantly I'm sure some big lipped donkey or some poo poo moved in right on my garden

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Average Bear posted:

More importantly I'm sure some big lipped donkey or some poo poo moved in right on my garden

Racist.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think pierre left my town so i'm not sure i want to go back to go back anyway

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wait no i mean the rabbit i forgot his name

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gaston!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i remember i had ribbot for a bit but he moved out. i hope that my best friend, Bruce, is still there. I'm not going to actually check my town or anything, but I have faith he's still there.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Shep is pretty much the best villager in the game. He moved in right next door to my house and tbh if he ever moves out I might just restart my town because really what's the point?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Heavy Lobster posted:

Shep is pretty much the best villager in the game. He moved in right next door to my house and tbh if he ever moves out I might just restart my town because really what's the point?

you will make new friends, there are many friends you have not yet met in this world

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

elf help book posted:

you will make new friends, there are many friends you have not yet met in this world

I am scared of change, which is why I only ever use the Pretty Town ordinance.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHiCCerjXA

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

I think I'm going to delete my town for the new year and start from scratch and not take stuff so seriously in-game. I really love the look of like having a bunch of paths that lead everywhere and lining avenues with trees and bushes and stuff but it's really not sustainable unless you put in stupid amounts of effort into a dumb relaxation game so I mean gently caress it, may as well start with a blank slate, right?

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

I think I'm going to delete my town for the new year and start from scratch and not take stuff so seriously in-game. I really love the look of like having a bunch of paths that lead everywhere and lining avenues with trees and bushes and stuff but it's really not sustainable unless you put in stupid amounts of effort into a dumb relaxation game so I mean gently caress it, may as well start with a blank slate, right?

They refer to that as premeditated murder...

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I had pure garbage animals in my whole town, like 4 different squirrels, but a reindeer guy moved in whos pretty chill. 2015 is looking great

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

I had pure garbage animals in my whole town, like 4 different squirrels, but a reindeer guy moved in whos pretty chill. 2015 is looking great

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

playing Animal Crossing is pretty much like living in Moomin valley. it's the best. haven't played regularly in a while but still drop by now and then.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

ultimately the thing that got me to stop playing new leaf was how crazy loving unstable and clunky online play was.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

oh someone joined my game better sit through this long animation of a train pulling in, the guy slowly disembarking and walking into town, and then playing for about five minutes before everything is lost to a connection error.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

hopefully when they get around to making a Wii U animal crossing they'll not only make the online stuff more reliable; they'll allow you to be more choosy about who moves in and where.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dexters Secret posted:

hopefully when they get around to making a Wii U animal crossing they'll not only make the online stuff more reliable; they'll allow you to be more choosy about who moves in and where.

choosing who moves in would be wrong

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

elf help book posted:

choosing who moves in would be wrong

it would certainly save me the trouble of putting hole traps near their doorstep for weeks on end.

or constantly hitting them with the bug catching net.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

i started a town this morning actually :3:

add me please 2681-1847-1699

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

also it would be nice if the animals contributed meaningful amounts to community projects. i should not be the only person driving this economy forward.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sounds like the problem is you, the mayor, and not the animals.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Dexters Secret posted:

oh someone joined my game better sit through this long animation of a train pulling in, the guy slowly disembarking and walking into town, and then playing for about five minutes before everything is lost to a connection error.

You don't "get" animal crossing.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

this

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

sounds like animal crossing needs an option for redlining

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

all im saying is hitler had some good ideas

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I don't have this game but I wish you luck OP. Cya.

• Locked thread