Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I enjoyed grimrock 1 and then everyone said it was bad and I just can't have that again, my heart can't loving take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Almost all the things that are seemingly competent callbacks to older things are actually revealed to be bad after the initial nostalgia has dried up so just get in while it's hot.

Yea I get it, I liked the emphasis on puzzles and secret zones but the combat was so dumb I looked at a team build guide just so I could steamroll through all that bullshit. Still I enjoyed it enough that I didn't have crippling buyers remorse

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

If you'd just look up a guide for a team just play on easy instead. It's gonna give you the same desired effect of trivializing the combat and you have the added bonus of playing the party you want to play. Grimrock isn't super difficult to minmax either, and honestly it's very hard to gently caress up a build in such a way that makes the game unplayable.

Don't ever force yourself to play a game if you don't want to but I would say try 1 before buying 2, because 2 is really just more of the same but refined and a lot bigger.

That's not at all correct, the game relied heavily on elemental resistances and deep skill investments that it was extremely easy to gently caress up a build and lose the game to simply being whittled down by the last 2 floors.

• Locked thread