Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!
It's tempting to say that the ending is yet-another-surreal-end (tm), but I'm willing to have faith the end will clear up. I wasn't expecting the credits to roll so soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Niggurath posted:

Also if anyone still wants that copy of Year Walk, then draw me a picture.

Here ya' go.

PM me if I win by default.
PM me if I don't.
No one PMs me anymore.

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Niggurath posted:

I love it because you tried and because it's lovely. So you should be getting something, though I sadly don't have PM's so it'll be sent through Mech Slut.

Package received. Thanks, Niggurath!

Leinadi posted:

Again, I found it very fascinating that I'd never heard of the "Year Walk" practice before this game, neither had my girlfriend who knows a lot about folklore and such.

I've checked a few interviews about the game and, Well, mostly the inspiration came like this...

Simon Flesser posted:

And so when we finished up [Simogo’s third iOS game] Beat Sneak Bandit, Jonas [Tarestad, writer] showed me his script for a short movie he called "Årsgång". The structure of årsgång or ‘year walking’ is almost like a game with rules, so it was natural that his script reminded me of a game. (source)

I actually hope this is a real myth, but if it wasn't, it is now thanks to wikiality.

• Locked thread