Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Let me know if you guys would like to try again with the same prompt and actually write stories about jocks you loving nerds.

me. i'll do this, and i hate sports. let me at 'em, coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Lazy Beggar posted:

Can I get a crab rule for Economy, please?

Economy. The religion of hindsight. Your thesis involves a person who can see anything they want, but only 100 years in the past. And you have 100 fewer words to do it in. Economy!

Ps: if you write a story i don't hate, you will get +250 words if you enter a future week where I'm head judge. Investment.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Tyrannosaurus posted:

:siren: CURLINGHERE BRAWLBOWL I :siren:

Let me know if you guys would like to try again with the same prompt and actually write stories about jocks you loving nerds.

lol no thanks

thanks for the crit though

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

crabrock posted:

me. i'll do this, and i hate sports. let me at 'em, coach

ill loving sports the gently caress out of you (unless curlingiron or someone else wants to)

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
:siren: Brawlbowl I :siren:

Sitting Here. Curlingiron. Crabrock. Broenheim. You know what I like about you guys? You're not nerds. You're jocks. Big, muscly jocks. Write about jocks. I don't care how many. I don't care what sport. Well, maybe. Football, basketball, or baseball. Nothing else is a real sport. Anyway, go hog wild. "Sports Fiction" is what you guys are brawling with try not write something stupid okay thank you. 7 days. 1100 words.

Addendum: As I said in my crits for the first Brawlbowl, I want you to write about jocks. If you can do that in a way that doesn't involve your characters being goofy douchebag stereotypes that'd be extra tight. I mean, you can go for that if you wanna but unless you do it really really well I might think you're not taking my prompt seriously and that would be a shame got it great go have fun out there

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Broenheim posted:

ill loving sports the gently caress out of you (unless curlingiron or someone else wants to)

I'm good. Knock yourself out. Or crabrock. Whatever.

Edit: also thanks for the crit, Ty, and for reading our weakling jock words.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Anyone mind taking the responsibility of watching my story in an open google doc this weekend? I just realized that I might be in the direct path of a hurricane and I don't want to get toxx banned because of some wind and rain. If my power goes out I might need a bro to post it.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Anyone mind taking the responsibility of watching my story in an open google doc this weekend? I just realized that I might be in the direct path of a hurricane and I don't want to get toxx banned because of some wind and rain. If my power goes out I might need a bro to post it.

You can PM me

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I am conducting an investigation into hurricanes this week.

BREAKING NEWS:

They a bunch of bitches.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

College has taken my time and my money, but it hasn't taken my fingers yet.

In.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Michigan don't got no hurricanes.

worlds_best_author
Aug 23, 2015

Mercedes posted:

Michigan don't got no hurricanes.
Or a decent football team

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I think I can do this. In.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

In.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
In

Ovaltine
Mar 23, 2012

curlingiron posted:

If crabrock's Ivory Tower bullshit flash rules are too fancy for you, feel free to ask for a secondary-level flash rule from me. I ain't givin' 'em to ya if you got one from crabs, though.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!

I'll take one of these, please!

ghost crow
Jul 9, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

crabrock posted:

if anybody needs some help kickstarting their brain, i will give additional THESIS FLASHRULES in your given subject, but only if you've already been assigned one. they will be hard.

Can I get one of these for history?

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
If you're still lingering over your enrollment form, you have one hour left to join the class!

worlds_best_author
Aug 23, 2015

Kaishai posted:

If you're still lingering over your enrollment form, you have one hour left to join the class!
*signs up for inrollment*

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

ghost crow posted:

Can I get one of these for history?

That thing written by winners? Man, winners are boring. Your thesis is on the study of history written by the losers. Do not use a real-life history event.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Ovaltine posted:

I'll take one of these, please!

It was a yearbook photo no one would forget.

No matter how hard they tried.

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
Sign-ups for Week CLXV are CLOSED! Turn those assignments in on time, students. We'll be using the blood of failures as ink for our red pens.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

:gonk:

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

acg i challenge you to a GHOSTBRAWL

we will find out once and for all who is better at having a ghosty username and also writing

worlds_best_author
Aug 23, 2015
:stonklol:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

spectres of autism posted:

we will find out once and for all who is better at having a ghosty username and also writing

I will judge this brawl.

ACG, do you accept?

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

I mean if you want to go ahead with this charade, sure, I'll brawl, but everyone already knows who the better spirit is:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
project much? youre trying to be a sassy ghost but we all know youre a gassy ghost

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
also i was kicked out of nerd club for *not* being a nerd

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

A Classy Ghost posted:

I mean if you want to go ahead with this charade, sure, I'll brawl, but everyone already knows who the better spirit is:

project much? youre trying to be a sassy ghost but we all know youre a gassy ghost

Very well.

:ghost: A Classy Autism Brawl :ghost:

Lots of people know I work at a hotel. Not everyone knows that we have a bonafide ghost! Yeah. He lives in room 111, which was actually decommissioned and turned into public restrooms. The ghost responded by...being fairly chill, it turns out. Sometimes at night, he opens and closes the front door. When he's grumpy, he makes my boss's Excel charts not do the thing my boss wants them to do (according to my boss).

What I want from you two is stories about a ghost (or ghosts) who reside in some sort of multi-person dwelling. Could be a hotel or an apartment building or a dorm, anything along those lines. The catch is: the staff knows about their noncorporeal guests, but the residents don't.

You have 1800 spooky words
Due by 11:59:59 PST on Saturday, October 10th

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

HEY BITCHBOYS, CONTINUING IN THE THEME OF SPOOKYBRAWLS, I AM THROWING OUT AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY CAN TAKE ME DOWN IN A HALLOWEEN THEMED TEEN SLASHER BRAWL

ILL HACK UP ANY CHALLENGERS IF A JUDGE STEPS UP.

Also, I probably don't need hurricane help anymore since even hurricanes are afraid of me and this one turned tail and ran away.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

HEY BITCHBOYS, CONTINUING IN THE THEME OF SPOOKYBRAWLS, I AM THROWING OUT AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY CAN TAKE ME DOWN IN A HALLOWEEN THEMED TEEN SLASHER BRAWL

Also, I probably don't need hurricane help anymore since even hurricanes are afraid of me and this one turned tail and ran away.

Yeah ok.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'll judge this. prompt: BLOODY TEEN GHOST RIDE. 1200 words, 10 oct, 2359 PST

Oh and :siren: there must be a self insert teen who gets horrifically murdered :siren:

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 3, 2015

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yo I need at least a week to kill some teens. I mean, I can do it faster, but if you want it done right...

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Mind if I join in? :unsmigghh:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don't mind at all! Slashing teenagers is a joyus occasion. I doubt Seb and GP mind...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

As my mother always said, three slashed teens are better than two!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDbot
Oct 4, 2015

THUNDERDOME
You've got to be *loving* kidding me. | Round 1: The Bomb by Etherwind - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=401

• Locked thread