Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Close enough to 2015.

Thread Rules.

1 - No Korra
2 - No Dr. Who
3 - Toxxupation is not allowed to post in this thread.
4 - And of course as always, kill Hitler.
5 - Here's the IRC link if you want it for some reason - http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23satviv&server=irc.synirc.net (direct link)
6 - Ravane is not allowed to post in this thread.
7 - SpiderHyphenMan is not allowed to post in this thread.

Deadpool posted:

In case anyone was wondering where the Adult Swin/Toonami thread was, the mod of the anime forum has requested it be moved there so I let him have it. If there are any non anime shows that were discussed in there you're free to make another thread for them. But any discussions involving the anime shows need to go there.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'd like to petition to add Ravane and Irish Joe to rule 3.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

pentyne posted:

I second this motion.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Petition to tell everyone to watch the worlds least likely but MOST AMAZING a chemistry between Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper on CNN right now.

She just dyed his hair red white and blue. And told him if he hated it he hates America.

It's the best, guys.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Carson Daly demonstrates why he doesn't have a real show anymore

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

pentyne posted:

People falling for Irish Joe is arguably the best part of Couch Chat though.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
My New Year's resolution is to actually keep up with this thread. It got to 10,000+ unread posts before Deadpool killed it for 2014.

And I also resolve to watch all the stuff I keep stored on my DVR. I hear The Manhattan Project is actually pretty good, its time to find out for myself!

Midnight Pooptrain
Oct 13, 2012

2001's Father of the Year
I am watching The Twilight Zone marathon and wondering if this chick is being stalked by death or the other participant in the crash she obviously died in.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

VorpalBunny posted:

My New Year's resolution is to actually keep up with this thread. It got to 10,000+ unread posts before Deadpool killed it for 2014.

And I also resolve to watch all the stuff I keep stored on my DVR. I hear The Manhattan Project is actually pretty good, its time to find out for myself!

I keep up for the most part, but if I ever see 100+ unread posts I just skip to the last page. From what I can tell, the only topics that make TVIV so chatty aren't ones I'm really missing out on.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
glad we can finally get to the bottom of the BSG/Lost finales and whether they were good or bad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really enjoyed watching the TVIV Couch Chat in 2014, the show had another stellar year. The addition of Annakie to the writers room really freshened up the storylines and Deadpool continued to deliver the dialogue we love him for. Shame that some of the new casting choices haven't worked out (hopefully they figure out how to limit Ravane's screentime this season) but the Toxx/precision romance was on point, IRQ's arc of losing his grumpy nature was heartwarming and Irish Joe continued to be the show's MVP. Can't wait to see what they produce this year!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

James Woods Fan posted:

I am watching The Twilight Zone marathon and wondering if this chick is being stalked by death or the other participant in the crash she obviously died in.

Well, which one was it?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

DrVenkman posted:

Well, which one was it?

It's The Twilight Zone, if they weren't dead the entire time then they're a secret robot or an alien.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Reminder: 2015's best show starts this Sunday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HueI1ThldsA

If you nerds sat through Peter Pan Live! there's literally no excuse for not watching Galavant :colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm concerned that shunning Occupation will push him further into his already-dangerous alcoholism.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm concerned that shunning Occupation will push him further into his already-dangerous alcoholism.

On a very special episode of The TVIV...

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Rarity posted:

I really enjoyed watching the TVIV Couch Chat in 2014, the show had another stellar year. The addition of Annakie to the writers room really freshened up the storylines and Deadpool continued to deliver the dialogue we love him for. Shame that some of the new casting choices haven't worked out (hopefully they figure out how to limit Ravane's screentime this season) but the Toxx/precision romance was on point, IRQ's arc of losing his grumpy nature was heartwarming and Irish Joe continued to be the show's MVP. Can't wait to see what they produce this year!

Completely agree with this post except for IRQ's character which needs the grumpiness to remain vital in the 2015 television landscape.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I dunno I think the real shame is that they cut the Sophia character from series regular to only guesting on the holiday specials. I guess the actress is trying to break into film but we all know how well that usually works out. When The Actuary flops she'll come crawling back.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sober posted:

Irish Joe is the best part of Couch Chat though.

Fixed.

Midnight Pooptrain
Oct 13, 2012

2001's Father of the Year

DrVenkman posted:

Well, which one was it?

She was dead the entire time, but the mans identity is never explicitly stated. He was definitely death though.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

Rarity has been an albatross around the shows neck for literally years now and they show no signs of writing her out, I'm not confident continuing forward

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not happy with the continuing deterioration of the Occupation character, but maybe there was never that much there to begin with.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toxxupation posted:

Rarity has been an albatross around the shows neck for literally years now and they show no signs of writing her out, I'm not confident continuing forward

I agree but they can't write her out, she's essential to the show's popularity. It's James Marsters all over again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deadpool posted:

3 - Do not reply to Toxxupation

We're still on page one people. There's no excuse.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

IRQ posted:

I dunno I think the real shame is that they cut the Sophia character from series regular to only guesting on the holiday specials. I guess the actress is trying to break into film but we all know how well that usually works out. When The Actuary flops she'll come crawling back.

Be sure to check me out in my latest hard-boiled cop drama, Death Claims. I'm amazing!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I just saw a commercial for SHIELD's "Agent Carter." Could be interesting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

Be sure to check me out in my latest hard-boiled cop drama, Death Claims. I'm amazing!

CineD was not a fan :smith:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PaganGoatPants posted:

I just saw a commercial for SHIELD's "Agent Carter."

She isn't of S.H.I.E.L.D.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Rarity posted:

CineD was not a fan :smith:

SuperMechagodzilla said it "embraces what Zizek calls 'the filmic unreality' of its hyperbolic narrative at the expense of good taste." Also something about awkward scaling in its cinematography.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

SuperMechagodzilla said it "embraces what Zizek calls 'the filmic unreality' of its hyperbolic narrative at the expense of good taste." Also something about awkward scaling in its cinematography.

That nude claims adjustment scene though!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

IRQ posted:

That nude claims adjustment scene though!

Completely gratuitous. There was no reason for those claims to be nude.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

She isn't of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Oh I thought it was gonna be like the beginning of SHIELD or something.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PaganGoatPants posted:

She's with the organisation that eventually becomes SHIELD, I think.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Mook: That secret agent is a broad!
Agent Carter, 40s Feminist: Don't call me a broad; I'm a dame. A dame good secret agent. *karate chops man through brick wall*

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This is the year.
This is the year I'll finally watch Breaking Bad and The Wire.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First show I'm gonna binge this year is Mozart in the Jungle. I'm expecting great things, Deadpool!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So... Alpha House is pretty funny, why do all Amazon shows just slip under the radar?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

It will be, yeah.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Rocksicles posted:

So... Alpha House is pretty funny, why do all Amazon shows just slip under the radar?

I suspect that a lot of Amazon Prime subscribers aren't even aware that the TV stuff exists. Outside of critics, these shows get very little buzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PaganGoatPants posted:

I just saw a commercial for SHIELD's "Agent Carter." Could be interesting.

I guess the show got greenlit based on the short that was on the DVD of one of the Marvel movies. It was pretty good, but who knows if they'll be able to keep it up over an entire series.
It helps that she is a more interesting character than all of the characters on AoS combined.

• Locked thread