Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Possible Spoiler for The Jinx

If you have HBO and are not watching this show what's wrong with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

xbilkis posted:

"Seinfeld didn't hold up" and "I've never watched The Simpsons" chat is maybe the most upsetting line of conversation this thread has taken

Agreed :chanpop:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Possible Spoiler for The Jinx

If you have HBO and are not watching this show what's wrong with you?

I just got caught up with this last night and it is really, really good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Durst is the most amazing real-life monster.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

smg77 posted:

Beavis & Butthead is amazing and you should feel bad if you don't like it.

I saw an episode once, it seemed like a shittier version of King of the Hill. And King of the Hill was already pretty lovely, I didn't think it could get any worse. One of the main characters in Beavis and Butthead is completely incomprehensible, he sounds like he learned English from a teacher with Bell's Palsy.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 15, 2015

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Durst is the most amazing real-life monster.

There are a couple scenes where the documentary crew leaves him hooked up to a mic while they are taking a break from the interview and the dude talks to himself and it is the creepiest thing. After the big reveal at the end of last week's episode I'm almost dreading what's going to happen when they confront him with the evidence they found.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Do we not have a The Jinx or Backstrom thread yet? I can't seem to find them if we do.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It's really not worth doing one for The Jinx as it ends today and most of the posts would consist of varying amounts of :stonk:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A Backstrom thread would mostly be "Well that was cancelled quick" posts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of funny how hard Fox pushed it before it started and now I couldn't even tell you if it was still airing.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Backstrom is not half bad. It feels a lot like if they went "So what if we re-made House. But instead of a doctor he is a homicide detective". But I liked House.

And yeah I agree The Jinx wouldn't be worth it as it ends tonight. I was just looking for some pre-finale discussion before it aired tonight and I couldn't find a thread. Thanks though :)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Anyone up for an iZombie thread? Starts Tuesday.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unfortunately it airs at the same time as AoS so I'll be recording it to watch later. For some reason it seems like every show I want to watch is on Tuesdays but there's almost nothing on Thursday.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Elementary and Archer are Thursdays, but yeah not much else.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

I dunno, when I saw some Seinfeld reruns awhile back it really didn't hold up, for me anyway. Not sure Friends would either though.

Outside of the more memorable episodes I never really thought Seinfeld was that great even when it was still airing. It always irritated me how some of the episodes were just so obviously some awful Seinfeld standup bit adapted to a 22 minute script.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I was excited about the Jinx finale and made a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87WxwlKTWKg

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreenNight posted:

Elementary and Archer are Thursdays, but yeah not much else.

You forgot Vikings and Allegiance

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Didn't we all, in a way?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You might have, but The Vikings thread hasn't :black101:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Windows 98 posted:

And yeah I agree The Jinx wouldn't be worth it as it ends tonight. I was just looking for some pre-finale discussion before it aired tonight and I couldn't find a thread. Thanks though :)

I wasn't really aware of it until late in the week, and I'm catching up on the reruns HBO2 did today, this is fascinating stuff. I remember nothing about it, but I didn't have a tv from 2001-2002.

Still no idea why it's called The Jinx though. on episode 2.

Rocksicles posted:

You forgot Vikings and Allegiance

I was on the fence about Vikings until this season, but a lot like Black Sails, it has really come into its own this season. All the sometimes tedious setup is paying off and Vikings are doing Viking things and pirates are doing pirate things.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Killed them all, of course.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

IRQ posted:

Still no idea why it's called The Jinx though. on episode 2.

During one of Durst's interviews, he refers to himself as a jinx (in relation to those around them.) That's all it is, I think.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
He refers to potential children as a jinx.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Sigma posted:

I was excited about the Jinx finale and made a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87WxwlKTWKg

That double blink! :stonk:

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Kristin Schaal being sexual was more terrifying than any horror movie I've seen in years.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Friends, Seinfeld and The Simpsons were all really enjoyable shows and I'm not sure I get the competition to see how avoided each one the most.

I've been catching up on Suburgatory as I didn't get chance to follow it properly when it aired... What happened? Season 1 was a fun start, s2 was super great and should've been enough to propel it for a few seasons, then season 3 happened.

New intro that's awful, tons of cast members either missing or barely used, Allie Grant loses a ton of weight and despite the fact it could be a good storyline for her character it's ignored, and the writing has slipped back down a few notches. Did they pretty much go in knowing they were going to be cancelled and have their budget stripped or something? It's a real shame. Dalia is one of the best side characters of the last ten years and her actress does so much with her considering her trait of having zero expression for the most part.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

EL BROMANCE posted:

New intro that's awful...

The creator saw some paper dolls on Etsy and she fell in love so much she had the creator of them redo the intro.

Not even paper dolls based on the show, just normal paper loving dolls.

Yes, really.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I 100% believe you. The irony of redoing the intro to include more cast members in a season where you barely see any of them is not lost on me either.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I love the first two seasons but I didn't even finish three, it just took such a dive. Her show with Karen Gillan wasn't much good either.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

I love the first two seasons but I didn't even finish three, it just took such a dive. Her show with Karen Gillan wasn't much good either.
Selfie suffered from a terrible opening scene and even worse title, but it was sufficiently enjoyable.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Selfie suffered from a terrible opening scene and even worse title, but it was sufficiently enjoyable.

Yeah, but I don't think it reached the heights that Suburgatory often did.

Is she working on anything now?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Windows 98 posted:

Backstrom is not half bad. It feels a lot like if they went "So what if we re-made House. But instead of a doctor he is a homicide detective". But I liked House.

Plus a way worse actor in the lead, it can't fail.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That was one extremely gory episode of TWD.

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
holy poo poo, the last minute of the jinx. holy poo poo. has this ever happened on a show about true crime ever?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Seinfeld and The Simpsons are two of my top five all time TV shows and I will still be watching reruns of these same episodes when I am 80.

Sorry, just had to get a little balance in here.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The end of The Jinx is loving insane

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

is there not a thread for the jinx. what the gently caress. i want to read 100+ HOLY gently caress posts

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LOL that the subject of The Jinx, Robert Durst, his family's real estate company manages Freedom Tower.

Yes, that Freedom Tower.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah the ending of Jinx is the most ridiculously unbelievable thing I've seen on TV in a long time. Made only more insane by the fact that it was real. This is one of those moments where you're reminded that fiction really doesn't have anything on real life sometimes. You can write an ending like that but nobody would believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

romanowski posted:

is there not a thread for the jinx. what the gently caress. i want to read 100+ HOLY gently caress posts

And arrested yesterday. That's insane. Kind of hard to gauge the number of viewers for a show like that but I was also surprised to see no TV IV thread.

• Locked thread