Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
King of the Hill has some great Christmas episodes, but I recognize that the show isn't everyone's cup of tea. "Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C and Propane" is good if you're looking for something both feel good and unconventional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I watched the Bill Murray Christmas special on Netflix tonight while trimming the tree and I found it really delightful. The setup drags a bit and is weird and the dream sequence goes on a little long but the whole boozy middle part is great and kind of like my perfect christmas party/special to have on in the background for a Christmas party. By the time they got to Fairytale in New York I was in love and decided it had probably joined my yearly Christmas schedule and will probably get a rewatch on Christmas Eve when I start boozing with the loved ones.

He blatantly made the special as an excuse to get other celebrities to hang out and drink booze with him or whatever. But it's a fun watch so who cares. His "duet" with Chris Rock made me sad that Rock is stuck getting paychecks for Sandler garbage these days.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Season 2 takes what worked in Season 1 and hits you in the balls with it. Repeatedly.

FWIW I didn't like the first episode of W/ Bob and David but loved the second. It's definitely not consistent.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Fox does (used to do?) this incredibly dumbassed thing where an episode wouldn't be on demand/on Hulu until the day after the next episode aired, meaning you could not catch up to a broadcast on those services. I haven't looked into it in a while and don't know if they've smartened up about that.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

No, that guy sucks.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I'm using this movies derail to reiterate that Mad Max was both the best action movie (and I say that having really liked The Force Awakens, valid criticisms and all) and possibly the best overall movie out this year and if you haven't seen it yet go buy/rent that poo poo right now.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

You're right but I'm refusing to remove the 'possibly' just to make you mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

It's all the same place, after all.

• Locked thread