Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

This didn't get enough love, that whole final season and the two part conclusion were wonderful.

I still find myself humming that song sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Toxxupation posted:

The undisputed king will always be Life's files in the xbox copy of prince of persia, which might be the single most incredible thing i've ever seen

remember the part where the gamer agent says he'll have no trouble beating level 6 because he's got a "star trek costume in his closet"? remember the part where the female agent lady ghost plays the game? remember the lovely papyrus font overlay they put over gameplay of PoP to signify "levels" had been beaten? remember the insanity of the idea of keeping files in an xbox, not only that but having them unlocked via beating part of a video game?

that scene is like five minutes long but is so ludicrous one has memories of different parts of how dumb it is

Nope, nope. The king is from a dead Fox show called Mental, where a shrink had to cure a bipolar boy by figuring out how to beat the video game in his head. It shat on like... 5 fields all at once. I constantly think I'm the only one who ever watched that show.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

IRQ posted:

What ever even happened with them, it's like they had one year with great material than then nothing ever since.

I vaguely recall that the writers of Sex House/Porkin were involved in the Onion's pilot for Amazon's program, and after that I never heard anything about that A-team again.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

pentyne posted:

Not entirely sure, but is Piers some sort of weirdo pedo who's never been caught?

He's definitely some kind of deviant, based on his works. See also: the weird "play rape" trial in the first Xanth novel, which also had people making piss-dryads to gently caress.

Also dropping back one level on the topic: Legend of the Seeker is an amazing adaptation because rather than faithfully portray the weirdo objectivist screeds of its author, it introduced maybe one book worth of the world and then turned the show into a farce with Crossdressing Wizard Granddad and his best pal, Blood the BDSM Nun, played so tongue in cheek that you have to imagine Goodkind was fuming every time an episode aired.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 1, 2015

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

muscles like this? posted:

I'm pretty sure that's literally the premise of a creepy fetish webcomic.

Thank god you beat me to saying this while I was at work. (It is. Literally it is.)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Mo0 posted:

I'm going to regret this, but you've piqued my curiosity by implying this is real. Do you have a link?

It looks like it has become a bit more NWS since the last time I remembered it, so careful clicking: http://montrose.is/sgvy/

Legitimately the first thing that popped to mind reading that CW pitch.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

FetusSlapper posted:

I'm really enjoying Life In Pieces so far. Superficially similar to modern family but it has kind of a demented undertone(especially the Colin Hanks family's segments). Of course it might be mediocre writing being dragged over the finish line by the star power on that show, I can't really tell; but so far its been really fun tv.

It's not just you, but I have to wonder if different people are writing different "families", because yeah, with one exception (grandpa buying the kid a cell phone), every excellent moment I can think of is Hanks' family.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

corn in the bible posted:

i dont remember this show at all please stop telling me to buy it amazon

I 100% guarantee you of all people would dig Clone High.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Having the weekend off let me catch up on TV, and I picked up where I left off on Life in Pieces.

It was the episode with Cheeto, the Tom Petty dad jokes, and the nanny.

Life in Pieces is uneven but holy poo poo, when it hits, it loving hits, you should give that show a shot if you dig sitcoms.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

For once, Toxx is in the right, give this a look?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I would probably try The 100 due to this, if I weren't so far behind on all my TV right now thanks to working graveyard shifts since the new season began. I think the only series I kept up with in real time was Fargo.

And I still haven't gotten to the finale because I have work in an hour.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't want to support Lev Grossman. He's gross.

What happened with that dude? I'm the worst at author debacles.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Mu Zeta posted:

He's not actually gross. I just hate his magazine articles.

That's reasonable. I just never hear about this stuff in a timely fashion so I didn't know if he was Literary Hitler* or something.

* I know that he isn't so long as Cline is still alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Maxwell Lord posted:

The final Soup is pretty awesome yo.

I am gonna miss the gently caress out of that stupid, stupid show. Nothing sums up that finale better than when all the guests realize that Joel can't see what's going on behind him and start loving around.

Now I can write off E forever, just like TLC, the human misery network.

• Locked thread