Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

muscles like this? posted:

Fuller has also stated that he's had other networks telling him that if NBC cancels they'll be more than happy to pick it up.

How does this work? Normally I would assume that NBC owns the rights to the show, so if they cancel someone else would have to buy the rights from them before being able to do anything with it. But I've heard this rumor repeatedly ever since Hannibal began in the first place so I guess I've got to give it some credence.

With how greedy networks and production companies seem to be with all intellectual properties it's surprising that Hannibal would be allowed to potentially continue on a rival network. Do things just work differently with TV properties? Or is it that this particular show has a deal that allows it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Oh I know it happens, I'm just curious what the difference is between a TV show and other types of properties. Like if whatever studio makes X-Men movies decided to stop making them that wouldn't necessarily allow another studio to simply start producing their own with the same actors and storylines.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

precision posted:

The English dub of The God of Cookery (Stephen Chow of Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer fame) is absolutely loving phenomenal and in my opinion improves the movie immensely, mostly because the English actor for the main character sounds exactly like Bale doing Pat Bateman in American Psycho.

Then again, I don't speak Cantonese so maybe the original language track is more ~true to the film~

edit: it's on Netflix right now

As a sucker for all things Stephen Chow, I'm a little annoyed that neither Netflix or the Can I Stream It? app have ever heard of a show/movie called The God of Cookery. Are you on US Netflix? IMDB confirms that it does actually exist, luckily. Now I just have to find it.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Looks like maybe the "The" in the title was throwing off my search. Thanks!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Started Continuum this morning and am liking it. Yeah, it's sort of a procedural, but at least you have the same antagonist each week so they don't need to waste time describing their motives or capabilities. Feels so much less formulaic even if they really are just stopping bad guy mission of the week. The bits where she's talking to her tech buddy and cop guy keeps thinking she's talking to him are pretty well done. Having written that sentence I realized that 3 episodes in I can't actually remember anybody's name. That'd be my only complaint so far but I haven't really been giving it my full attention though, so there's that.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Am I supposed to agree with the old guy who leads the bad guy group in Continuum? He preaches non-violent opposition to corporations replacing our government and taking away liberties. I mean most of the people he chose to help him are dicks, but he seems like an alright guy to me.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

zoux posted:

From my point of view Liber8 are evil!

Shut up Anakin

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Vanderdeath posted:

Edouard Kagame was completely right and did literally nothing wrong.

I finished watching the final season of Continuum and now there's a small hole in my soul because it was the best time travel shenanigans show since the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I'll also miss you, Matthew Kellog. You were the rat bastard of my heart. :smith:

I've kind of blown through the first couple seasons and I think I've missed some details, but did Travis orchestrate blowing up the building in 2012 behind Kagame's back? If not then Kagame was kind of a poo poo for talking about not using violence then pulling that off. In the future I could see how a guy like him would justify blowing up the headquarters of the corporate establishment, but once he got to the past he was smart enough to know all he had to do was prevent the future from happening. I've already forgotten how the season 1 finale went down, guess I'll have to start a rewatch.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
With VOD they're probably right that people don't skip ads, because they generally disable the fast forward function. At least on Comcast it seems like 90% of the time I can't fast forward. With DVR I'd almost certainly be skipping every drat thing I could, but I'm not going to pay $15/mo for that just so I can watch football games I already know the final score of.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I watched that episode of The Meltdown where the girls from Broad City were unexpectedly thrown on stage and they just pretended to be Jonah and Kumail. That was loving painful to watch and they just kept going and going and going and whoever edited the episode just wouldn't cut to the next comedian. I don't think I'll watch another episode after that even though I really like a lot of the folks that come through on their show.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Aphrodite posted:

Mad Max ended up being a bit disappointing for me. It was good, but not close to the hype it was (and still is) getting. I probably would have liked it a lot more going in blind.

I don't think I get this mindset. Does prior knowledge really affect your viewing experience so much? I also don't give a poo poo about spoilers though so maybe I'm the weird one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

HorseRenoir posted:

I might get burned at the stake for this, but I enjoyed Furious 7 more than Fury Road

So this might be a case where my movie-going experience affected my opinion of the movie unfairly, because I saw F7 at a normal theater instead of the 21+ booze and dinner theater I normally go to. Of course there was some loving kid kicking my seat and yelling throughout half the movie so I had a lovely time and thought the movie was lovely too. Are there really people that didn't think F7 was a pandering, lovely, piece of poo poo?

With all the trailers I'm seeing for the new Point Break remake I've just realized that The Fast And The Furious is basically the same story except with cars. No idea how I didn't catch onto that when I first saw it except that I was 18 and just enjoyed the spectacle.

• Locked thread