Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

raditts posted:

So I'm 4 episodes in to Breaking Bad now... I don't know why I waited so long to watch this, probably because my wife actively does not want to watch it. Does it just get better from here, or are there any rough spots later on that I should be expecting?

Also, is there something that Skyler does at some point that brought the rage of the internet down upon her, or was that all just a case of Internet Males being Internet Males? That's pretty much the only thing I knew about any of the characters beforehand. She seems a bit naggy I guess, but it's not as though it's at all unwarranted. Hank is the only one that strikes me as a major shitlord so far, I don't like that guy at all.

It does get better, and although I'm not the biggest fan of Season 2, Most people agree that then and beyond is where Breaking Bad attains "holy poo poo this is so loving good" status.

And yes, Skyler being considered a nag is a case of internet shitlords being shitlords.

e: accuracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

:stonklol:

CSI has finally reached peak stupid, I'm glad I was alive to witness this moment.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

I think the biggest difference between Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is the portrayal of their two protagonists. In BB, Walt's agency and the negative choices he makes were what drove the series' plot and all of the inevitable consequences. But in BCS, Jimmy's efforts to do good for others so far have resulted in him being crushed emotionally and psychologically as if by some divine decree, leading him on the path to becoming Saul Goodman just to avoid his pain in acting morally conscious.

Aside from that and other surface details like the new courtroom/law firm setting and the supporting characters, Better Call Saul still feels like another season of Breaking Bad, which is definitely a great thing and they've been hitting it out of the park so far.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

soapgish posted:

Gunshot wounds: They only matter if the bullet was huge, heavy, and hit in the head or heart.

I would like to see a TV character die from being shot in the arm, since in real life that's perfectly possible.

• Locked thread