Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Bown posted:

Game of Thrones 1995 will always be the best one of these.

http://youtu.be/2fPgIIB67bw

Hahahaha I'm getting flashbacks to Highlander tv show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elCGJ5rfe24 have my obligatory PoI version of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Malvo is like the best interpretation of the biblical devil, he's just this force of evil that twists people so casually and easily.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Best horrible use of VIDEOGAMES?!?! on TV is still the Prince of Persia episode of Life.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Good around halfway through S1, really good around halfway through S2. Also while S1 may be the black sheep season I really wouldn't recommend skipping any of it since even the procedural episodes are heavily serialized. S1 is actually pretty amazing on a rewatch because you notice all the background poo poo they have been setting up since the start that they eventually payoff on a massive scale around the mid season of 2.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Give it to ep 4, that's when the show starts doing interesting things.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

To be fair though that's like, every pilot.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nah don't listen to Irish Joe. I mean, never do, but especially on this.

edit: Also Lugaloco PoI eventually ends up featuring a whole bunch of Wire alums as recurring characters.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 24, 2015

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Shageletic posted:

Quoting this for referring to later. Thanks xeria.

I would add 1x19 - Flesh and Blood to that list since it pays off the story line that 1x7 sets up. otherwise, good list.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I buy the blu-ray sets when they come out to balance myself out karmically.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah bugs and route 666(the racist truck) are the only bad eps of s1.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Pentyne can I get a PoI progress report.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Aphrodite posted:

It's not complicated to understand.

Marvel didn't allow them to write certain things, but they certainly didn't force them to write most of the lovely things they did. Marvel wasn't pushing to have The Blizzard introduced to the universe.

Which moment is that?

End of The Devil's Share, tho him breaking his thumb to get out of his cuffs and strangle the fucker in the Crossing is pretty dope, it's not very heroic.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Bown posted:

A friend of mine who I usually respect just tweeted about how much he enjoys Agents of SHIELD and likes the characters and everything.

He's only five episodes in.

sever all ties

Regy Rusty posted:

It's my kind of heroic.

to this day my favorite post in any of the PoI threads is you going"Oh no who's gonna save Fusco???" followed by "HE JUST SAVED HIMSELF BECAUSE HE IS AN INCREDIBLE BADASS."

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

He's talking about the s3 kiss which was improv'd, not in the script and should not have made the final edit based on how everyone involved talked about it after it aired.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The kiss was dumb but calling the endgame three parter the worst run of the show is perhaps the most braindead thing I've ever loving read in my whole life.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The sexual assaulty one, not the one nobody should take seriously.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I continue to hope that the HBO remake of UK Utopia will drum up hype for the original series to be allowed to end on its own terms.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I stopped watching Elementary when they shoe horned in a Joan/Mycroft romance. Is that over? Because boy was it out of nowhere and bad.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Spartacus has maybe the most satisfying end to any TV show I've ever watched, finish Spartacus.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah. He just expired. He passed his use by date. It was nothing to do with a pre-existing medical condition.

Smoke if you've got them guys, it's all fine.

BSam posted:

(8:13:15 PM) BSam: ugh priormarcus quoted me, i feel dirty

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

lmao

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

lelandjs posted:

Not gonna lie, I was kinda baiting in the hopes that people would recommend anime that has well written female characters. Seems to be working pretty well so far!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood(for the love of god do not go seeking out original FMA) has some of the best female characters in the medium. Prob because it's written by a woman.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hopefully Baldwin ends up in a loving ditch with no money ASAP.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tudyck was in Tucker and Dale vs Evil which is one of the funniest movies ever made.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

KatWithHands posted:

So the season premiere of 19-2 stirred up a nice number of posts. Did anyone else watch through the season, and catch the finale last night? For being only one season behind its French-Canadian original, I was pretty surprised that they didn't change who the mole was. I hated that it was still Houle :( I guess they figured the divide between French-Canadian media and the rest of the country/continent was still large enough to risk it. That, and JM beating his wife again was so disappointing. You were still an rear end in a top hat, JM, but at least you were an rear end in a top hat trying to change.

It wasn't nearly as intense or even enjoyable as the premiere, in fact it felt a little disjointed, but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that they were trying for disjointed on purpose, to reflect the state of the team. Still, after such a great season, the finale was kind of a bummer.

Considering basically half the cast and crew were nominated for some Canadian Screen Award or another, I have pretty high hopes for another renewal.

Was he the mole for different reasons? It always kinda made me laugh that in the og version The A HA! Familiprix guy ends up being some weird pedophile.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm bored with Justified this season. I know it's the final season but it feels like it's going nowhere but I haven't seen the latest episode yet. Kind of want to quit after Choo Choo went down.

You should REALLY watch the latest episode.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

6 hours is not a month :(

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The problem with Diane for me is they never delve into the most interesting part of her, the fact that beyond her snobbish facade she's just as dumb and goofy as everyone else in that bar, nearly enough. I can count on maybe one hand the amount of times she breaks that illusion because she snaps or doesn't have time to put on a show, but whenever she does its super funny.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PostNouveau posted:

I'm at the point where Frasier's been introduced but isn't yet a regular, and he seems like a much improved version of Diane. He's game for hijinks, he finds the slobs at the bar delightful, and he rarely says lovely things about them to their faces.

Yeah he's basically Diane done right. Frasier owns.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Daredevil is the best loving thing I've seen so far this year.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also this exchange. "you got super senses, you know how to fight, and you can take an incredible amount of pain without too much hassle" and Daredevil goes "the last one's just Catholicism."

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That rib gash does gently caress him up for a good 3 episodes though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hi hello good day. Please go view Mad Max Fury Road in theaters it is the finest film of this decade.

Thank you that is all.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

He's at it again, folks.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Thank me later.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IRQ posted:

So Precision is a singularity of drugs?

Are you implying Precision does drugs? I never would have guessed!!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Has anyone called dibs on making a Mr. Robot thread yet? I might cobble something together if no one else has anything planned.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Echoing that QI, WILTY and the Big Fat Quizzes are super dope.

I wish that Charlie Brooker TV panel show had taken off cause I thought it was super funny.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Wynn and Boyd fighting the good fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

VDay posted: