Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Irish Joe posted:

It looks like everything fans have been demanding since the show went full retard a few years back. Can't wait.

I haven't watched the show in years (mostly due to how annoying I thought the secondary build crew was) but with that video I think I might be back on board. They took all the things I like about the show and doubled down on them while losing all the things I didn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

Sober posted:

Killjoys is good. If this opinion makes me a bad person then so be it.

It's a lot of fun. I like the leads and the world feels interesting and cohesive enough. Cool straight up a sci-fi show.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

GreenNight posted:

Watch Waynes World asap.

Yeah, what the hell? Do it.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

I thought there were a lot of things you could pick at with Sense8, but the sum of its parts was a fun, visually interesting show that we ended up wanting more of when we were done. It takes a few episodes to get moving but it's far from the only show to have that problem. It's my favourite Wachowski thing since the original Matrix.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

Is Z Nation any good? I've seen it talked up in a few places, but it looked a bit cheesy to me. I assume it's shooting for "cheesy in a good way" or something.

It can be cheesy, but I think its more than that. It's fun and the characters are likable, which is pretty rare for the zombie genre on TV. Dare I say it, it actually ends up having affecting character moments in spite of taking a lighter tone. It seems like they make decisions on writing the show based on what would be interesting/fun/badass and enjoyable to watch, rather than what would be the most overdramatic (again, looking at the other show). It actually manages to often be a visually interesting show, in particular the episodes directed by John Hyams (of underrated Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning 'fame'.). The effects are a little silly sometimes, but not (too) distractingly so because it fits the show.

It takes a few episodes to really find its tone. I think it starts out a lot cheesier than it settles in to. It's not Sharknado or any of those so-bad-it's-"good" things.

It's not the "best" show we watch, but it's one of the ones we enjoy the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

Snak posted:

Oh yeah I saw that. I guess I finished season 1. I'll probably wait until s2 is on netflix.

It doesn't sound like you're in any particular hurry, but if it's within your power Season 2 is on Canadian Netflix. I liked Season 2 a lot more, for what it's worth.

• Locked thread