Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Newhart and Mary Tyler Moore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ravane posted:

It's been a decade since Galactica. We do need a space tv show.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2015/01/14/battlestar-galactica-anniversary-decade-33-pilot/

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DrVenkman posted:

Supernatural also manages to be one of the most violent shows on TV too. It's surprising how much they get away with sometimes.

Maybe not violent in terms of “blood everywhere” like The Walking Dead, but the scene from the episode The Kids Are Alright with the table saw is still one of the more memorable scenes of violence I’ve ever watched on network or cable TV.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Metal Loaf posted:

What was the other low-budget Canadian vampire detective series from the 1990s? Had C. Thomas Howell in it? Lasted about eight episodes before it was cancelled?

Kindred: The Embraced. Based off of the White Wolf RPG.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I've only seen Youtube snippets and the NBC 30th(?) special, but seeing a whole episode puts its influence in a whole new perspective.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think I read somewhere that it's the most-watched show in the world, or at least one of the most-watched. Gets something like a quarter of a billion viewers. The BBC has three big international series and Top Gear is the biggest a country mile.

I would imagine one is the show we can't name here. What's the other? Sherlock?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

IRQ posted:

This is america son, horrible deplorable violence is a-ok, just don't mention s-e-x

Yeah, more people were freaked out by two gay characters kissing on The Walking Dead then someone getting pressed against a glass window and loving TORN APART.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Alan Tudyk was a great straight man in Arrested Development.

Him?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Night Court should be held in high esteem for its amazing theme song alone.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Thwomp posted:

Good Eats is, and forever shall be, the best cooking show.

Eh, I think Hannibal has a leg up on that title.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Can we stop changing the drat thread title? Come on, Deadpool, eight is enough!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Apparently the thread title does not apply to Ravane.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rocksicles posted:

Tell that to these guys

The guy in the right pic looks like Ben Bailey from Cash Cab.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Deadpool posted:

Hope both of you enjoy your month long vacations.

Also if either of you post in this thread again when you come back you're banned.

Couch Chat: TV IV's Official Deadpool Appreciation Thread

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mo0 posted:

Go Penguins. :colbert:

Right out of the playoffs. Bring me the head of Marc-Andre Fluery.

And to keep it on topic - USA has some of the NHL playoffs this year. Might be the biggest network in a while to carry the NHL, too bad there's probably no NCIS/SVU reruns/hockey fan demographic crossover.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 9, 2015

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

feedmegin posted:

Having tried rereading them - bad move. :smith:

Look feedmegin. Bunnies.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If anyone cares, DC Comics is going to wrap up the storyline for NBC's Revolution with a four-part series.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/revolution-series-comic-book-finale-1201410266/

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

GreenNight posted:

Yeah I guess TBS outbid them for the privileged.

USA, actually. RAW is their highest rated show bar none. It was two hours long until USA threw enough money at WWE to make it a three hour show (with a noticeable drop in quality) and now they're throwing money to turn Smackdown from a taped Friday show on SyFy to a live Thursday one on USA.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rocksicles posted:

AKA Deadpool hates anime nerds.

Trust Deadpool. He knows what he's doing.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

hcreight posted:

Deadpool I would like to claim that Arrow is totally an anime and thus that it should go to its appropriate subforum.

You can not shove Paul Blackthorne into the anime forum!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DoggPickle posted:

Besides files, does anyone know where I can see some of the Drew Carey Era, the previous Ayesha Tyler season, or the U.K. Stuff from when I was little, Besides those two seasons on Hulu? Or is it basically not anywhere other than files?

Youtube is your best bet for the Anderson/Carey years. People don’t upload full episodes that I’ve seen, but there’s a lot of “Best Of” or “Compilation” clips/videos. Anytime I’ve gone “huh, I remember that bit/joke,” I’ve been able to find it on Youtube.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

TwoQuestions posted:

What exactly is the appeal of The Wire? I keep hearing about it, and every review I've seen presents it as a very well done documentary about Hell.

It looks to me like a much better done Neon Genesis Evangelion that's about Baltimore instead of Shinji.

Omar comin'! And he's got major daddy issues!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

corn in the bible posted:

Does anyone remember that show where skeet ulrich was catholic fox mulder? Did I just, like, imagine it?

Miracles!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

corn in the bible posted:

That show was cool. They should bring it back like they are bringing back XFiles, maybe do a crossover

I remember Ulrich’s character got beat up. A lot. Fights, falling down stairs, hit by a car…

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
As God as my witness, I thought goons could fly.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Thanks to whoever posted that Youtube channel with links to all the introductions/opening credits to 70’s and 80’s shows. There was some shows in there I’ve never even heard of, like Brothers and Sisters which looked like a knock off of Animal House, Billy with Steve Guttenberg, and some cop show called 240-Robert with a young Mark Harmon…

The 1985 ABC Preview promo is worth the price of admission, with Randy Newman’s “I Love L.A.” redone into “It’s On ABC” hyping up Diff’rent Strokes moving to ABC to be shown alongside Webster and Benson and some LA buddy cop show that was a complete rip-off of Beverly Hills Cop down to using the exact same Glenn Frye song. And let’s not forget the premiere of Growing Pains…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66USQHMWo6s

This preview is what counted as a hype trailer/sizzle reel THIRTY YEARS ago.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I remember that reel from when it first aired! Thanks for making me feel ancient rear end in a top hat.

Where did it air? Did ABC put aside a half-hour block during its prime-time programming?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

sbaldrick posted:

Why is this better then any promo any network has done in like 20 years.

I admit, the different stars screaming “You’ll Love It!” has been stuck in my head to the point I have to watch the baseball scene from The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! just to get it out of my head…

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I would shell out for a Danny Trejo/Jeffrey Combs/Tom Savini picture in a heartbeat.

Even then, I never got the appeal behind taking a picture with a celebrity, especially paying for one. Sure, it makes someone whose work you enjoy a buck or two, but it seems just a bit…assembly line? Hello, smile, flash, goodbye, move on.

And yeah, those prices seem excessively high. $130 bucks for a picture with Norman Reedus?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mu Zeta posted:

I should have linked to the article. It's a really weird process.

https://thewalrus.ca/ron-weasley-made-me-sad/

As someone who is new to the wide world of conventions, thanks for linking the article. It's incredibly eye-opening. I've only been to a handful of them, all relatively smaller local ones around DC, and they strike me as a lot further from that "cattle call" style.

It also explains the look on celebrities' faces and all those hover hands.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

This how it starts. Just remember: you deserve better :smith:

Scream Queens is the strange noise coming from downstairs at 2 am, and against your better judgment you know you’re going to get out of bed to find out what it was…

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I HATE EVERYBODY NAGGERS

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

I hear FOX is making a TV show based on Jumper. I hope it doesn't get cancelled after four episodes like I Am Legend did!

No love for Once Upon A Time featuring the emotions from Inside Out this season? Disney thinks it'll be huge!

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 21, 2015

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
One of my favorite Christmas episodes is from the early 00’s Fox sitcom Titus, The Last Noelle, with the main character dealing with the death of an ex-girlfriend and just how HAPPY her passing made him.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It's not a full Christmas episode, but Kevin's "There is no Santa" breakdown from The League is worth it just for Nick Kroll's poo poo-eating grin the entire time. The punchline alone cracks me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLUaszCUPFo

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

zoux posted:

Double post but since many of us are with familes and friends who don't have our sophisticated and superior palates, what TV are y'all getting exposed to?

I've learned a lot about how people manage the wilds of Alaska and also there is a sinister mystery at Oak Island.

Freakin' Dad's Army.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Mad Max: Fury Road is the best movie to come out this year, but drat if The Hateful Eight isn't giving it a run for the money in my mind.

Sleeper pick of the year? Spy.

TV chat - wow, this is a dead time of year for television, isn't it? Seems people are more likely to go to the movies than watch television.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

The BBC just did a fantastic version of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. The cast is full on amazing (it includes Charles Dance, Aiden Turner, Burn Gorman, Miranda Richardson, Toby Stephens, Noah Taylor), the way its shot is beautiful and the story is as great as it's always been. I never think much of our costume dramas but this was a great watch and worth tracking down if you can find it.

Oh my...that sounds fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

IRQ posted:

Vote for Z Nation or Aatrek and that guy from Glee will show up at your homes and places of business.

I thought he was dead.

• Locked thread